Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Record 95,102,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Number Grew 18% Since Obama Took Office in 2009

Record 95,102,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Number Grew 18% Since Obama Took Office in 2009

Barack Obama's presidency began with a record number of Americans not in the labor force, and it's ending the same way.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susa...ook-office

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The scary thing is some people would gladly take another 8 years of him because he is nice and his wife participates in the mannequin challenge.

Does this include retired people and children?  

Quote:Does this include retired people and children?  
No.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 10:40 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:No.

Directly from the article: 

"People over age 16 who are no longer working or even looking for work, for whatever reason (retirement, school, personal preference, or gave up), are counted as not participating in the labor force."

So, according to that article at least, it does include retired people.  It also includes full time students.  

Actually, the article could be titled "Record Number of People Employed."  It all depends on how you want to spin it. 

I know many that are actually forced to retire early in favor of a young, cheaper labor force.  It's easier to hire a 24 year old that knows nothing, but gets paid half.

Either way, you only have to look at the number of people on social services to prove the point.

That number doesn't bother me. The more and more I work, the more I'm surprised at the people that have jobs. 

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

It came from cns news. It must be accurate.
Only a chump boos the home team!

The question is, will Obama file for unemployment when he leaves office?

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:It came from cns news. It must be accurate.

Better stick with CNN then, where Hillary will be sworn in on the 20th.. Trump better cancel the fireworks

hahahahaha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Where are these jobs supposed to come from? What industry? Why don't the 9,510,2000 apply to Carrier since they decided to keep their 800 jobs here.

Quote:Where are these jobs supposed to come from? What industry? Why don't the 9,510,2000 apply to Carrier since they decided to keep their 800 jobs here.

Perhaps from the industries and small businesses that aren't over taxed and over regulated... oh wait...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Definition of his legacy.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Where are these jobs supposed to come from? What industry? Why don't the 9,510,2000 apply to Carrier since they decided to keep their 800 jobs here.

Tucking tail and declaring "those jobs aren't coming back" while doing absolutely nothing to create jobs isn't an economic policy that does good for the nation you're supposed to be responsible to.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Directly from the article: 

"People over age 16 who are no longer working or even looking for work, for whatever reason (retirement, school, personal preference, or gave up), are counted as not participating in the labor force."

So, according to that article at least, it does include retired people.  It also includes full time students.  

Actually, the article could be titled "Record Number of People Employed."  It all depends on how you want to spin it. 

C'mon now. You know FBT will say anything to protect his boy. Because he knows in six months Donnie will be claiming credit for this very same economy.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

You can have your large TNCs back.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 04:13 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Tucking tail and declaring "those jobs aren't coming back" while doing absolutely nothing to create jobs isn't an economic policy that does good for the nation you're supposed to be responsible to.
Pretty sure Obama wanted a massive jobs bill to do infrastructure projects and it got shot down. I wonder why...

www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/25/478B-Infrastructure-Bill-Blocked-Senate-GOP%3Famp?client=safari