Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How good are the Colts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So far, the Colts look like they are only good for 30 minutes. At Denver they had to rally from behind and could not get the job done. Against the Eagles they squandered a 14-point halftime lead and let Philly get the ball last. What is up with them being good one half and bad the other? How good are they, really?

The answers are important this week. Statistically, they were better running than passing Monday night. Both weeks somebody said they are missing Robert Mathis on D. However, Jon Gruden added the defensive line's problem is speed, not strength or intelligence. How will that translate to manhandling our awful offensive line?

If we had a good running attack and decent offensive line I would not worry so much about Chad Henne getting sacked because Nick Foles had tons of time in the pocket all night long. But the Colts certainly will learn we can't run outside or zone block very soon. Have we seen a good team that should be 1-1 or an overrated team that only will win the division because everyone else sucks?

I think the Colts D did a good job yesterday stopping Philly at key moments in the 1st half, but overall the Eagles looked way more dangerous and deserved the win.

Bradshaw however is twice the back Richardson is and should be getting the carries, maybe they win if he plays as starter. Seems pagano can't drop Trent as it would embarrass Grigson...
Quote:So far, the Colts look like they are only good for 30 minutes. At Denver they had to rally from behind and could not get the job done. Against the Eagles they squandered a 14-point halftime lead and let Philly get the ball last. What is up with them being good one half and bad the other? How good are they, really?

The answers are important this week. Statistically, they were better running than passing Monday night. Both weeks somebody said they are missing Robert Mathis on D. However, Jon Gruden added the defensive line's problem is speed, not strength or intelligence. How will that translate to manhandling our awful offensive line?

If we had a good running attack and decent offensive line I would not worry so much about Chad Henne getting sacked because Nick Foles had tons of time in the pocket all night long. But the Colts certainly will learn we can't run outside or zone block very soon. Have we seen a good team that should be 1-1 or an overrated team that only will win the division because everyone else sucks?

They're good enough to beat the Jaguars that took the field in either of the first two games.

With Bortles, Hurns, Cyprien, and a team feeling motivated the Jaguars might be able to stand up to them, but as the team is I can't see a win forthcoming.
The Colts are only good for 30 minutes... we're only good for 30 minutes... maybe we'll be in for a good hour of football this week!! I just hope we don't play well the same half...

Quote:They're good enough to beat the Jaguars that took the field in either of the first two games.

With Bortles, Hurns, Cyprien, and a team feeling motivated the Jaguars might be able to stand up to them, but as the team is I can't see a win forthcoming.

Even if we don't win, it would be nice to not see another blowout. I never thought motivation was our problem the last two weeks.
Quote:The Colts are only good for 30 minutes... we're only good for 30 minutes... maybe we'll be in for a good hour of football this week!! I just hope we don't play well the same half...

Are you predicting a game like the one in Philly?
Quote:Even if we don't win, it would be nice to not see another blowout. I never thought motivation was our problem the last two weeks.

Motivation is always an issue when a team is getting blown out in the way the Jaguars are.

Coaches don't like to hear that because it sheds light on the fact that most coaches can't really motivate and that it takes a feeling from the players that their team can realistically win for them to be motivated.

Which is also why almost every successful coach has a top tier QB. It's not the coach, he's just a placeholder who can only do things to mess up a team, and can almost never actually make a team better without having a QB to really be the guy making it work.
Best 0-2 team in the league.  Will probably make the playoffs if they just cut Richardson and start Bradshaw 

Bad team / good QB
Quote:Best 0-2 team in the league.  Will probably make the playoffs if they just cut Richardson and start Bradshaw 

Hopefully they will be idiots and make Richardson the starter again. That would help our defense.
Honest answer.  The Colts are better than their 0-2 record shows.  Think about the 2 teams that they have played so far...  Niether team is an "easy" win.

Not sure, really. Still think we'll win the division. 

Problems:

Team lacks pass rush, really non existent without Mathis.

Not a huge fan of Pagano/Pep. Never have been. Play calling is poor.

Safeties/LBs are a liability in coverage.
Quote:Not sure, really. Still think we'll win the division. 

Problems:

Glad they got Pagano a special assistant. Whatever that means

Problems:

Pep or whoever determines the Colts crap offense needs go and he needs to go sooner rather than later.

Actually I take that back.

As I Jags fan I hope he sticks around for years to come.    :teehee:

Problems:

Hi CW!
Quote:Hi CW!

Hey! How has your day been?

Problems:

You forgot to include luck in that. Too many turnovers and hasn't been accurate.
Quote:You forgot to include luck in that. Too many turnovers and hasn't been accurate.

Luck wasn't very good last night, but too many turnovers? Don't agree. Don't really want me to get started on that INT last night, either.

I'm not worried about Luck.
Quote:Glad they got Pagano a special assistant. Whatever that means

Pep is obviously not a "special" assistant - just an assistant who happens to know Andrew Luck very well.

The Colts don't just need Robert Mathis back. They need Bruce Arians back too.
Quote:Pep is obviously not a "special" assistant - just an assistant who happens to know Andrew Luck very well.

The Colts don't just need Robert Mathis back. They need Bruce Arians back too.

Robert Chudzinski is the special assistant.
Pages: 1 2