Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Favorite explanation for when Bortles will start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let's see the votes!

Pancakes.
"Chad Henne wasn't agressive enough"

He's not ready.

My favorite is "When he learns the offense better....". 

Caldwell said he will sit for the year. Accept it and deal with it.

I voted Blank #2, which represents "He doesn't know the playbook and was playing against vanilla defenses in preseason"

Voted "When Bortles is ready"

hoping that's week 3.

Quote:Caldwell said he will sit for the year. Accept it and deal with it.
Where?  He said at one point they'd like to do that, but both he and Gus have indicated otherwise since the draft. 
Quote:I voted Blank #2, which represents "He doesn't know the playbook and was playing against vanilla defenses in preseason"
The trail of tears moves from thread to thread. 
The whole thing is becoming comical almost. Bortles outplayed Henne more than the team bet on. Now it's created a bad situation for the fanbase.

It's like giving your kids an XBox 360 to play with this Christmas Eve. Then you wrap it up and say..."oh, that's for Christmas 2015. For the next year, enjoy this bag of old Cracker Jack toys I got at the Salvation Army."

Quote:The whole thing is becoming comical almost. Bortles outplayed Henne more than the team bet on. Now it's created a bad situation for the fanbase.

It's like giving your kids an XBox 360 to play with this Christmas Eve. Then you wrap it up and say..."oh, that's for Christmas 2015. For the next year, enjoy this bag of old Cracker Jack toys I got at the Salvation Army."

According to some on here, it has only created a bad situation for 8 people on the message board.

That, and those who put their full faith in a guy with a 4-13 NFL record.

Quote:According to some on here, it has only created a bad situation for 8 people on the message board.

That, and those who put their full faith in a guy with a 4-13 NFL record.

They should listen to 1010 on Monday if we lose to Washington.
Quote:They should listen to 1010 on Monday if we lose to Washington.

If we lose, it is clearly because we are young and back to back road games is tough on any team. 
I can't, in good faith, vote for Blank #2 after Andrew Branch wore it.

Ryan O just tweeted that a Redskin's player asked "what's the deal with Bortles not starting?"
Personally I think it's hilarious that so many contradictory phrases have come from the coaching staff and they've been called on so little of it.

WHEN HE CAN GET HIS FOOTWORK  DOWN.   just heard it again on 1010xl Gus interview replay at 3:44pm today.

We hate the Cowboys and Giants so much that we're going to start Henne vs the Eagles and Redskins.

Quote:Personally I think it's hilarious that so many contradictory phrases have come from the coaching staff and they've been called on so little of it.

That's because all gus spews about it is coachspeak bull****. The definitions of "ready" and "efficient" are ever changing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5