Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Robert Mathis out for the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Torn Achilles, ouch.
Huge loss for the Colts.  W/o Robert Mathis,   the Colts had difficulty generating a pass rush off the edge in Denver last night.    Mathis was probably the player the Colts could least afford to lose on Defense.

At Mathis' advanced football age,  his days as a significant factor in the NFL could easily be over.    Hopefully,  Mathis will beat the odds but the Colts or another team Mathis could end up with can't count on him to be a key player in the future.
Tough break for Indy.

Quote:Huge loss for the Colts.  W/o Robert Mathis,   the Colts had difficulty generating a pass rush off the edge in Denver last night.    Mathis was probably the player the Colts could least afford to lose on Defense.

At Mathis' advanced football age,  his days as a significant factor in the NFL could easily be over.    Hopefully,  Mathis will beat the odds but the Colts or another team Mathis could end up with can't count on him to be a key player in the future.

Yeah, he's done as an elite pass rusher.

We've seen here how that injury affects a guy with Reggie Hayward. He was never effective after sustaining his Achilles injury.
Wow. Tough break. Wonder how something like this happens? Wonder if he was cutting corners in his warmup's before working out that he usually takes when working with a Indy trainer.

The Colts defense is going to struggle against even Jacksonville without Mathis. The AFC South may literally be wide open right now.

The Colts are definitely still the favorites to win it though.

Quote:The Colts defense is going to struggle against even Jacksonville without Mathis. The AFC South may literally be wide open right now.

The Colts are definitely still the favorites to win it though.

It'll be wide open once Bortles is in. Until that point the colts will continue to rule practically unopposed.
This definitely creates a real problem for the Colts.  Sucks for Mathis. 

They were already going to struggle due to the suspension, but this injury is a real double whammy.

So, who are they tanking for this year?  Gurley?

TMD name theory? I think so

Everyone is thinking it, but i'll say it. Typically a lot of guys get hurt who have been on PED's for a long time after coming off of them. I am guessing this had something to do with the injury.

Quote:This definitely creates a real problem for the Colts.  Sucks for Mathis. 

They were already going to struggle due to the suspension, but this injury is a real double whammy.

So, who are they tanking for this year?  Gurley?

They could tank for any number of positions.

For a division winning team, they have quite a few weaknesses.
Quote:They could tank for any number of positions.

For a division winning team, they have quite a few weaknesses.

More like for a division winning team, they have a terrible division.
Quote:Everyone is thinking it, but i'll say it. Typically a lot of guys get hurt who have been on PED's for a long time after coming off of them. I am guessing this had something to do with the injury.

Yea. You could be right. With all the attention on Irsay recently perhaps his supplier ran dry. Perhaps he was carrying more than just hundred dollar bills around in that brief case all the time. know I know. Tacky, but this is the Clots.
Rashean is now the #1 Mathis in the NFL.
Quote:Everyone is thinking it, but i'll say it. Typically a lot of guys get hurt who have been on PED's for a long time after coming off of them. I am guessing this had something to do with the injury.

Seems to be the trend
I hope we are chatting on the phone with Grigson right now. He loves to panic and throw draft picks away

How did this happen to a suspended player? He missed the Broncos game because of a PED violation.

Merriman is a prime example. I agree with this but you beat me to it haha
Quote:Merriman is a prime example. I agree with this but you beat me to it haha

Those fertility drugs are potent.
Quote:How did this happen to a suspended player? He missed the Broncos game because of a PED violation.

During a personal workout.
Pages: 1 2 3