Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pets - Discuss your furry, feathered or otherwise-not-human companions here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just figure we could do with a thread to discuss our pets. 

Here's mine.  Elanour. She's a 9 year old Beagle/Walker Coonhound mix.  We adopted her from a friend who got her from a rescue center and couldn't keep her. 

[Image: 2ue4snt.jpg]

Great thread idea and if I was smart enough to be able to figure out how to put a picture of my dog on here I would.

I'm curious to see what High Score is currently keeping as a pet.

Quote:Great thread idea and if I was smart enough to be able to figure out how to put a picture of my dog on here I would.

I'm with you! I'm not up to times with technology. But piper, my lil pit pup that I nickname "pipsqueak" is taking up much of my time now. I adore her and can't wait to get home from work to play with her and try to teach her manners. She's got so much personality. We've got another dog, but she is 13 years old now and all she wants to do is sleep and get away from our new ball of energy. They get along very well but the age difference come out. I can talk up lil pipsqueak all day but I'm biased. I'm sure you guys can do the same with your little companion as well.

Great thread idea NYC!

I'll see if I can post a pic or two of our little "angel" tomorrow after my wife does it for me. Ha.
Quote:Great thread idea and if I was smart enough to be able to figure out how to put a picture of my dog on here I would.

You can upload a pic to an image hosting site (like http://tinypic.com ) and copy and paste the URL. 

Last I heard HighScore was into Chinchillas. 
Quote:You can upload a pic to an image hosting site (like <a class="bbc_url" href='http://tinypic.com'>http://tinypic.com</a> ) and copy and paste the URL.

Last I heard HighScore was into Chinchillas.
Chinchillas, most hair per square inch on a mammal if I remember my 4th grade research project correctly.
Yeah, just took a pic with iPad but I'm too dumb to put it in her. Gotta wait for wife.
[Image: efnsi8.jpg]

If this works, thank you NYC, if not, it problems means I was too stoopid to follow your advice.   :yes:

This is Ranger.  He's a 6 year old lab that we got from a local shelter as a rescue dog.  Far and away the best and smartest dog I've ever had.  He's too smart for his own good more often than not.
Quote:[Image: efnsi8.jpg]

If this works, thank you NYC, if not, it problems means I was too stoopid to follow your advice.   :yes:

This is Ranger.  He's a 6 year old lab that we got from a local shelter as a rescue dog.  Far and away the best and smartest dog I've ever had.  He's too smart for his own good more often than not.
Awe! He's adorable!
Quote: 

He's awesome!  You're not any stoopider than the rest of us I guess!  
Quote:..but I'm too dumb to put it in her. 
I'm just gonna' leave that one alone....  :whistling:
Quote:I'm just gonna' leave that one alone....  :whistling:

Quite possibly the post of the year.  Good catch!  

Nice one, xJAGGYx.   :thumbsup:
We have a pet cat named Ginger.  She's white and orange (90% white), and the softest cat in the world.  I know most cat owners say that.  But our cat is ridiculously soft.  She's also very gentle.  She doesn't claw up any of our furniture.  She's never scratched any of us.  She purrs all the time.  She'll even let you lay your head on her.  And when she wants attention, she'll come up to you and rub her head up against your hand making you pet her.  

Don't have any pics right now.  She's part Siamese i think.  And she loves to get inside our cabinets to sleep.  (Or boxes)

She's currently our only pet, but we've been considering getting another dog after our last one passed away.

Quote:Quite possibly the post of the year.  Good catch!  

Nice one, xJAGGYx.   :thumbsup:
Quote:I'm just gonna' leave that one alone....  :whistling:
LmBo.

Good catch.
Quote:We have a pet cat named Ginger.  She's white and orange (90% white), and the softest cat in the world.  I know most cat owners say that.  But our cat is ridiculously soft.  She's also very gentle.  She doesn't claw up any of our furniture.  She's never scratched any of us.  She purrs all the time.  She'll even let you lay your head on her.  And when she wants attention, she'll come up to you and rub her head up against your hand making you pet her.  

Don't have any pics right now.  She's part Siamese i think.  And she loves to get inside our cabinets to sleep.  (Or boxes)

She's currently our only pet, but we've been considering getting another dog after our last one passed away.
Sounds amazing.  (as far as cats go  :teehee: I kid. I like them OK - but I'm terribly allergic )

The box thing always cracks me up with cats.  They can't help themselves. 

[Image: cat-traps-aka-boxes.jpg]
Quote:We have a pet cat named Ginger.  She's white and orange (90% white), and the softest cat in the world.  I know most cat owners say that.  But our cat is ridiculously soft.  She's also very gentle.  She doesn't claw up any of our furniture.  She's never scratched any of us.  She purrs all the time.  She'll even let you lay your head on her.  And when she wants attention, she'll come up to you and rub her head up against your hand making you pet her.  

I'm not a cat person that much but I've had some in the past and they can be very good companions. I do like if you go out of town for the weekend or for even a day, you can leave them with food and litter box nod they are cool. But, being the first cat poster here, I hope you are prepared for JW.

My wife tried to talk me into getting one of those mini jungle cat things that are like twice the size of a small dog. They are cool bit I'm afraid it'll try to take my grilled impala.
Quote:They are cool bit I'm afraid it'll try to take my grilled impala.
??

[Image: 1969_or_older_chevrolet_impala_96635406896474960.jpg]

??
Quote:??
[Image: 1969_or_older_chevrolet_impala_96635406896474960.jpg]

??
Lol, have you thought about a career in changing politician's words and making them into something else?

If I could figure out pictures I'd link a nice looking impala. Like a '69 impala. That one you posted looks early 60's. Am I correct? 62-ish?
Quote:Lol, have you thought about a career in changing politician's words and making them into something else?

If I could figure out pictures I'd link a nice looking impala. Like a '69 impala. That one you posted looks early 60's. Am I correct? 62-ish?

'64.   

69 model had some cool looking taillights/rear bumpers.  I've always liked the 61 bubble top. 

But now we are leaving Petland and crossing into:  http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...%2Bfurious
Yeah, cats and boxes are highly amusing.  I'd say I'm a cat and dog person.  I like both.  In fact I love most kind of animals.  I've owned gerbils, all kinds of fish, even Pigeons and Rabbits.

My kids have begged us to get another dog.  Our cat is usually good with dogs -- she'll lay right up against them, except for our neighbor's Jack Russell Terrier (or as we like to call him Jack Russell Terror because he likes to get under your wheel when you're taking off, barks at you all the time, runs all around the neighborhood getting in the ways of cars, and has even killed some kittens.  Of course I blame the owner, not the dog.  He's an energetic dog, and she never plays with him)

When we used to go away, we'd leave our cat outside.  She'd always hide under our house, and she would be mad at us for a couple of days for leaving her.  A couple of days after we came back, she'd come to the front door and just meow to let us know she's ready to come in.  Of course that was with the old house.  Now we can't leave her out, because she has nowhere to hide anymore.  
Man, lil pipsqueak is snoring her head off! Her toots and snores are bad! But I like that about her, more so the snores not so much the tooting out the butt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5