Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Marine who made a wrong turn on his way home, only to find himself in Mexico with guns. He has been incarcerated there since May, and has had zero support from this government.

A decorated Marine, who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan.

Why won't the powers that be lift a finger to help this soldier in distress?

Why isn't he important like the illegal aliens that keep crossing the border by the dozens daily?

Anyone?

If we had real leadership they'd send the cavalry in after this guy and if mexico has a problem with it so be it. I'd be for putting the mexican cartels down before we go and try to liberate another foreign nation. 

Quote:If we had real leadership they'd send the cavalry in after this guy and if mexico has a problem with it so be it. I'd be for putting the mexican cartels down before we go and try to liberate another foreign nation. 

He's weak. No one is scared of him. Albeit small in scale, Mexico undoubtedly uses this to test America's clout. 
Quote:He's weak. No one is scared of him. Albeit small in scale, Mexico undoubtedly uses this to test America's clout.

Undoubted Obama is weak in every way measurable. Shame our southern border is the single greatest threat to the homeland but everyone's focused on the Middle East still.
What's interesting is that the administration hasn't lifted a finger to get him released from this Mexican prison, but they have issued a mandate to our border agents to not detain any Mexican military or law enforcement that cross the border carrying weapons illegally into our country.  It's happened more than 300 times in the last 10 years and not a single one was detained.  They're processed and sent back, or they return on their own. 

Quote:What's interesting is that the administration hasn't lifted a finger to get him released from this Mexican prison, but they have issued a mandate to our border agents to not detain any Mexican military or law enforcement that cross the border carrying weapons illegally into our country. It's happened more than 300 times in the last 10 years and not a single one was detained. They're processed and sent back, or they return on their own.

Mexico had been in a soft war with us for over two decades
Quote:Undoubted Obama is weak in every way measurable. Shame our southern border is the single greatest threat to the homeland but everyone's focused on the Middle East still.

Not only is he weak, but I think he's weak intentionally. His loyalty is not with the USA its with ....others.... 

You figure it out. 
Quote:Mexico had been in a soft war with us for over two decades

We should close the damn border. 
Quote:Mexico had been in a soft war with us for over two decades
Well, at some point we need to join the war and treat their illegals the way they treat illegal immigrants in their own country.  We should treat people who bring weapons into our country illegally the same way they treat people who enter theirs with weapons, even if it's completely by accident as was the case in this instance.

We shouldn't have a problem dealing with Mexico, but you've got so many corporate entities relying on that cheap labor who have the ears and wallets of politicians in DC that it's impossible to get anyone to do what needs to be done.  Lock down the border and enforce the stinking laws already on the books.  It's not really asking that much, is it?
Quote:Well, at some point we need to join the war and treat their illegals the way they treat illegal immigrants in their own country.  We should treat people who bring weapons into our country illegally the same way they treat people who enter theirs with weapons, even if it's completely by accident as was the case in this instance.

We shouldn't have a problem dealing with Mexico, but you've got so many corporate entities relying on that cheap labor who have the ears and wallets of politicians in DC that it's impossible to get anyone to do what needs to be done.  Lock down the border and enforce the stinking laws already on the books.  It's not really asking that much, is it?

agreed, I'm even fine with going a step further, move the army into Mexico and create a buffer zone between us. There's been plenty of acts of aggression by Mexico to warrant the need for a buffer zone between our borders. We basically have a cartel ran government south of our border and don't even see the need to protect much less close that border.

But alas we will end up trying to liberate some middle eastern nation and bring them democracy before we deal with our own problems at home.

Turns out that the Marine Sergeant made as many as several trips into Mexico prior to his arrest by Mexican authorities. And he only claimed it was an "Accident" after he called his Mom.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/...ticle-copy

I can understand why people would feel sympathetic to this Marine for his service to our Country and his battling with PTSD, but there is clearly a lot more to this story than what is being reported. At least, by our media.

This thread is comedy gold.  How the heck do you get into Mexico by making a wrong turn?   That's real credible.   And then there's the fact that he's made several trips already.  And his lawyer sent him an email telling him to "stick to the script."  And he told two different stories to the Mexican authorities, neither of which was "I made a wrong turn."  So that's his third different story.  
Quote:agreed, I'm even fine with going a step further, move the army into Mexico and create a buffer zone between us. There's been plenty of acts of aggression by Mexico to warrant the need for a buffer zone between our borders. We basically have a cartel ran government south of our border and don't even see the need to protect much less close that border.

But alas we will end up trying to liberate some middle eastern nation and bring them democracy before we deal with our own problems at home.
So you propose to invade a sovereign nation..... What the?
Quote:Turns out that the Marine Sergeant made as many as several trips into Mexico prior to his arrest by Mexican authorities. And he only claimed it was an "Accident" after he called his Mom.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/...ticle-copy

I can understand why people would feel sympathetic to this Marine for his service to our Country and his battling with PTSD, but there is clearly a lot more to this story than what is being reported. At least, by our media.
A - American media sucks. You can't trust it.

B - Mexican ANYTHING makes American media look good. You trust a "new report" from the Mexicans about this?
Quote:This thread is comedy gold.  How the heck do you get into Mexico by making a wrong turn?   That's real credible.   And then there's the fact that he's made several trips already.  And his lawyer sent him an email telling him to "stick to the script."  And he told two different stories to the Mexican authorities, neither of which was "I made a wrong turn."  So that's his third different story.  
The only thing comedic is people like you who believe in turning your backs on an American Serviceman, yet bend over backward for every illegal alien dancing across our borders.

People like you are the reason that this country has degraded to the point that it has.
Quote:This thread is comedy gold.  How the heck do you get into Mexico by making a wrong turn?   That's real credible.   And then there's the fact that he's made several trips already.  And his lawyer sent him an email telling him to "stick to the script."  And he told two different stories to the Mexican authorities, neither of which was "I made a wrong turn."  So that's his third different story.  

Have you seen the footage, signage (or lack thereof) of the area that he was in?  It was on our side of the border.  Once you make that wrong turn and get into a certain lane, there is no way that you can turn back prior to getting to the border (concrete barriers).  It's confusing enough to do so in broad daylight, but trying to navigate this area at night is next to impossible.

Sure he's made several trips... all on foot, not driving across the boarder.

How likely is it that he's able to receive email from his lawyer while sitting in a Mexican jail?  If he is able to do so, then what exactly is the "script"?

Finally, we know that Mexican authorities ALWAYS tell the truth.
Quote:What's interesting is that the administration hasn't lifted a finger to get him released from this Mexican prison, but they have issued a mandate to our border agents to not detain any Mexican military or law enforcement that cross the border carrying weapons illegally into our country.  It's happened more than 300 times in the last 10 years and not a single one was detained.  They're processed and sent back, or they return on their own. 

You won't read about it in the news, but its happened significantly more than 300 times.  

One instance that has never hit the news happened about 2 weeks ago.  Mexican soldiers confronted a Border Patrol Agent in the United States and told him that he was in Mexico.  The Border Patrol Agent told them that they were in the United States and to go back.  The three soldiers held their rifles at low ready on the agent.  The CO attempted to detain the Border Patrol Agent, but the agent smartly backed away.  The CO then ordered the 2 others to flank the agent.  Shortly after, backup for the agent arrived and calls were made to the Mexican Comandante in which he ordered his soldiers to stand down.  The CO shook everyone's hand and tried to shake the BP Agent's hand that he had just flanked, but the agent refused.  After the slight, the CO then told the agent that he had better not ever see him in Mexico.

Stories like this go unreported regularly.  
Quote:The only thing comedic is people like you who believe in turning your backs on an American Serviceman, yet bend over backward for every illegal alien dancing across our borders.

People like you are the reason that this country has degraded to the point that it has.

So, because I believe there is something really fishy about this whole story, therefore I want more illegal aliens?  That makes a lot of sense.  
Here's a slightly different take on the situation.

Quote:Quite frankly, Mr. Tahmooressi’s case has gotten a tremendous amount of attention from the State Department,” said Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State John D. Feeley, the No. 2 official in the department’s Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs and former Marine Corps officer. “This is a case we have raised repeatedly and at high levels with the Mexicans. Secretary [John F.] Kerry did it in May. I have raised the case with the Mexican ambassador in Washington, our ambassador in Mexico has raised it with the [Mexican] foreign secretary and we have had excellent cooperation in that we have had access to him on a regular basis.

I suppose the above qualifies as a lifted finger.

As the article noted, Tahmooressi didn't help his cause much.

Quote:So you propose to invade a sovereign nation..... What the?
I'm against foreign intervention and bring the police for of the world. When it comes to our border I'm very hawkish Mexico has aggressively acted against us in many ways a fair case can and should be made that it's our responsibility to protect our homeland. Their government if you can call it that activity funds illegal immigration into our border. There's report of armed Mexican military crossing our border and exchanging fire with border guard. They fund the cartel that ships narcotics into our home soil, activity participate in the kidnapping and ransoming of our citizens. They've activity worked to under cut our economy at every turn.

In essence the lack of any government has left our southern border adjacent to a cartel ran territory and a direct threat to our national security. Because of mexicos actions we are justified in setting up a DMZ absolutely.

Once Mexico establishes some form of government and displays the ability to control their side of the border we can negotiate a removal of any DMZ until then we should protect ourselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4