Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Offseason --- Finally ! My Favorite Time of the Year !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's finally here.  Just like presents under the Christmas Tree, on January 2, 2017 the Offseason finally kicked in and we woke up to the following presents:

* High Draft Picks in each round

* New Hope

* Optimism for the forthcoming season

* Odds on Favorite to win the offseason

* Excitement of hiring a new coach & coaching staff

* Shad's continued investment on downtown enhancements

The regular season is nice (for about 3 weeks) but nothing compares to the Jaguars offseason.  Can't want to discuss the pros and cons of the new coaching staff.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!  It's here !!  9 Months of Pure Joy !!

I admit, I lol'd.   Smile

Hahahahaja. To be honest, ur right.
Quote:It's finally here.  Just like presents under the Christmas Tree, on January 2, 2017 the Offseason finally kicked in and we woke up to the following presents:

* High Draft Picks in each round

* New Hope

* Optimism for the forthcoming season

* Odds on Favorite to win the offseason

* Excitement of hiring a new coach & coaching staff

* Shad's continued investment on downtown enhancements

The regular season is nice (for about 3 weeks) but nothing compares to the Jaguars offseason.  Can't want to discuss the pros and cons of the new coaching staff.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!  It's here !!  9 Months of Pure Joy !!

What I love is when people post the schedule, and prognosticate wins and losses, and have us going 10-6.   Every year, the same thing. 
We're gonna lose.
We will go from 3-13 to 12-4 and make it to the Superbowl.  And lose by one point to the Eagles.  In a Superbowl Shootout.  42-41 

Quote:What I love is when people post the schedule, and prognosticate wins and losses, and have us going 10-6.   Every year, the same thing. 

That's usually the result of only looking at our improved positions while negating the fact that our competitors are making transactions and drafting players to improve their team as well.  Example:  The Titans were pretty much the joke of the past 2 offseasons.
I think even the most diehard fans will have trouble predicting anything more than 6 wins for the next couple seasons.

It will be fun to see the season in review presentation from Mark Lamping.  I'm already tired of my daily emails asking me to buy Jaguars gear.  This year really bakes in the apathy.  This team of misused talent and the 2017 grab bag makes me want to see some prove it wins before I take in any hype.

This team managed to negatively exceed my meager expectations.

Quote:I think even the most diehard fans will have trouble predicting anything more than 6 wins for the next couple seasons.
I am predicting 9-....err 7 err man can't do it... Need a top five draft pick to boost my confidence...