Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Offseason --- Finally ! My Favorite Time of the Year !

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017, 11:21 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

It's finally here.  Just like presents under the Christmas Tree, on January 2, 2017 the Offseason finally kicked in and we woke up to the following presents:

* High Draft Picks in each round

* New Hope

* Optimism for the forthcoming season

* Odds on Favorite to win the offseason

* Excitement of hiring a new coach & coaching staff

* Shad's continued investment on downtown enhancements

The regular season is nice (for about 3 weeks) but nothing compares to the Jaguars offseason.  Can't want to discuss the pros and cons of the new coaching staff.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!  It's here !!  9 Months of Pure Joy !!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I admit, I lol'd.   Smile

Hahahahaja. To be honest, ur right.

Quote:It's finally here.  Just like presents under the Christmas Tree, on January 2, 2017 the Offseason finally kicked in and we woke up to the following presents:

* High Draft Picks in each round

* New Hope

* Optimism for the forthcoming season

* Odds on Favorite to win the offseason

* Excitement of hiring a new coach & coaching staff

* Shad's continued investment on downtown enhancements

The regular season is nice (for about 3 weeks) but nothing compares to the Jaguars offseason.  Can't want to discuss the pros and cons of the new coaching staff.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!  It's here !!  9 Months of Pure Joy !!

What I love is when people post the schedule, and prognosticate wins and losses, and have us going 10-6.   Every year, the same thing. 

We're gonna lose.

We will go from 3-13 to 12-4 and make it to the Superbowl.  And lose by one point to the Eagles.  In a Superbowl Shootout.  42-41 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:What I love is when people post the schedule, and prognosticate wins and losses, and have us going 10-6.   Every year, the same thing. 

That's usually the result of only looking at our improved positions while negating the fact that our competitors are making transactions and drafting players to improve their team as well.  Example:  The Titans were pretty much the joke of the past 2 offseasons.

I think even the most diehard fans will have trouble predicting anything more than 6 wins for the next couple seasons.

It will be fun to see the season in review presentation from Mark Lamping.  I'm already tired of my daily emails asking me to buy Jaguars gear.  This year really bakes in the apathy.  This team of misused talent and the 2017 grab bag makes me want to see some prove it wins before I take in any hype.

This team managed to negatively exceed my meager expectations.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I think even the most diehard fans will have trouble predicting anything more than 6 wins for the next couple seasons.
I am predicting 9-....err 7 err man can't do it... Need a top five draft pick to boost my confidence...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.