Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: GOP just made things swampier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why do I have a feeling the Trumpettes won't care...?

Fill the swamp! Fill the Swamp!

Democrats complaining of anything having to do with ethics is hysterical.
Lol, anytime Nancy Pelosi cries about ethics I know something good happened.
Republican leadership balked at this too. How does gutting ethics oversight make our government stronger? I'll wait..
Quote:Republican leadership balked at this too. How does gutting ethics oversight make our government stronger? I'll wait..

So both R and D leadership balked at this and it passed? How did that happen?
Oh, I see, this was a hammer The Establishment put in place to bully junior members.

Another political tool to protect the powerful.

Got it.
Quote:Oh, I see, this was a hammer The Establishment put in place to bully junior members.

Another political tool to protect the powerful.

Got it.

That's what you think it is? Now there is no independent ethics committee to investigate shady politicians who violate the law and need to be held accountable. Swamp city.
It's really a stretch to defend this action. Seriously it's ok to call your elected officials out on this Nonsense. Especially when it contradicts what the top of your party claimed they were going to do!
Ummmmm, libs aren't real bright, but I figured they were smart enough to know that Trump isn't even President yet.

Thank your boy obummer for it if you're going to blame a president.

Quote:Ummmmm, libs aren't real bright, but I figured they were smart enough to know that Trump isn't even President yet.

I suspect Obama will fight it. But then again didn't see anyone blame Trump.
Quote:Ummmmm, libs aren't real bright, but I figured they were smart enough to know that Trump isn't even President yet.

The blame is on house Republicans who pushed this through against their own leadership to allow for more corruption with less consequences. This is indefensible and all Americans should be angry about this.
Not gutted at all. The mechanism is still in place. This just limits the ability of the investigators to release a preliminary report as if it were findings. Not to mention the FBI can run an investigation without approval of congress.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443...s-congress

Quote:Not gutted at all. The mechanism is still in place. This just limits the ability of the investigators to release a preliminary report as if it were findings. Not to mention the FBI can run an investigation without approval of congress.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443475/there-are-still-groups-can-probe-alleged-crimes-members-congress'>http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443475/there-are-still-groups-can-probe-alleged-crimes-members-congress</a>

FBI??

That's is now a political entity as well.

We want independent review of violations of our elected officials!

What exactly does this have anything to do with the removing of an indenpendent ethics committee?

DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT HILLARY DID IT OBAMA DID IT BLAH BLAH
Quote:Not gutted at all. The mechanism is still in place. This just limits the ability of the investigators to release a preliminary report as if it were findings. Not to mention the FBI can run an investigation without approval of congress.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443475/there-are-still-groups-can-probe-alleged-crimes-members-congress'>http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443475/there-are-still-groups-can-probe-alleged-crimes-members-congress</a>
GUTTED.

No independent bipartisan oversight. If you get reported, you can be investigated. Nobody is policing them. They are expected to police themselves. This invites corruption. Exactly the opposite of what the GOP elect said he would stomp out. I expect him to be wholly silent on this, but will tweet some other nonsense to distract from this happening.
Quote:That's what you think it is? Now there is no independent ethics committee to investigate shady politicians who violate the law and need to be held accountable. Swamp city.

Anonymous complaints with no Constitutional protections for the accused. Sounds like a kangaroo court to me.
Quote:Anonymous complaints with no Constitutional protections for the accused. Sounds like a kangaroo court to me.

Not sure where you're getting that, but the results have shown it to be an effective way to curb corrupt political activity. I can maybe name three politicians I don't think are shady. Now we are expected to have them police themselves. Swampy as hell.
Well Trump just came out and said he strongly opposes this move...as much as it pains me to say this, I agree with him.
Quote:I suspect Obama will fight it. But then again didn't see anyone blame Trump.
I guess you can't read then. The title of the thread and the first couple posts reference the "swamp" which is a direct reference to PE Trump.

I don't expect you to understand that. You don't seem to follow logic all that well.
Pages: 1 2