Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do all of the sheep say now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
"Trust the coaches, trust Caldwell". I do in most cases.... The drafting of Bortles appears to have been a huge success at this point. Everyone has said he has exceeded expectations, and he passes the eye test over Henne. Even analytics (PFF) support bortles being the better qb. So why not play him?

If it wasnt for Bortles, would you really have gotten any sort of excited feeling out of this preseason? Probably not. And guess what, THAT guy is gonba ride the bench to start the season. We've seen mediocrity long enough. We deserve better, and delaying the inevitable by 3 weeks makes no sense. Wait for the line to gel? He played perfectly fine behind that slop tonight.
Pretty sure you'll find 100 threads on the topic from the past week
Baaaa?

Derp

Slurp, slurp.

Derp.

Quote:Baaaa?

That me me laugh.

I just don't get how people can see what he's done and how far he's come learning in this pressure free environment that he himself said is a good way to learn and he's learned 1,000 times more. We have him, that's what matters now. Darn right I'll trust the guys who made me hate them in draft night for taking Bortles.
Exactly, JaxJag. I was so so against the pick on draft night, thought we had another Gabbert and was sad to see our management's demise....

I'll trust the guys who make the decisions.

Quote:That me me laugh.

I just don't get how people can see what he's done and how far he's come learning in this pressure free environment that he himself said is a good way to learn and he's learned 1,000 times more. We have him, that's what matters now. Darn right I'll trust the guys who made me hate them in draft night for taking Bortles.

He's being a good egg. Of course he's not gonna bash their approach. But the point is he has been playing every week and performing. Regardless of what he says, there is pressure on him right now, and he has done nothing but perform spectacularly. We know he's better in games than practice, so why take him out of that environment? Explain that one to me?
Also dont understand how people can be content with them putting a worse product on the field by sitting him. We're a better team with him out there. W/o him, this team is probably not gonna be a lot better this year. I wonder how content people will be when we have 3 or 4 wins heading into December, because with Henne, that's probably what you're getting. And regardless of what the "plan" may be, it would be less fair to expect bortles to post 8+ wins in his first full year as a starter. That's REAL pressure, and that's the direction this train is heading.
It looks like we'll have two mid round rookies starting on the interior. Let that play out.
Lighten up Francis!

What we the FANS do not understand is what the PROFESSIONAL'S do.

Have Faith, we will see Blake soon, maybe not to some folks liking or timeline.

Not understanding can be....frustrating. Why get frustrated over things you have no control over.

We will have no Bortles before it's time.

Of course that could be Quarter 2 of the home opener.

HeadSlap

You may want to re-think the Sheep Schtick.

By Post Count, there are a lot of Master Guns and Fleet Admirals out there.

oh well what can you do. they have decided to tank the season with henne   they just don't have the same courage of conviction about competition, pete carroll had. which is sad since Bradley was there to see it first hand. 

Haha finwe, if you're gonna stick that close to the script of the B/R article you should probably give it a shout-out... Big Grin

Quote:Haha finwe, if you're gonna stick that close to the script of the B/R article you should probably give it a shout-out... Big Grin

as if its their original idea. has been stated many times on this forum, by the fans that aren't okay with paying to see the back-up quarterback start. and wonder how with Bradley's connections he cant see the easy parallels
As upset as many vikings fans must be, they shouldnt be nearly as disappointed as some of us. Cassel has at least had some success in his career, while henne has had none. I think this has more to do with keeping a promise to chad than anything at this point. It seemed safe to promise him the job initially, as they probably werent expecting Bortles to be this good. I'm sure there's some mixed emotions going on with the coaching staff right now.
Quote:"Trust the coaches, trust Caldwell". I do in most cases.... The drafting of Bortles appears to have been a huge success at this point. Everyone has said he has exceeded expectations, and he passes the eye test over Henne. Even analytics (PFF) support bortles being the better qb. So why not play him?

If it wasnt for Bortles, would you really have gotten any sort of excited feeling out of this preseason? Probably not. And guess what, THAT guy is gonba ride the bench to start the season. We've seen mediocrity long enough. We deserve better, and delaying the inevitable by 3 weeks makes no sense. Wait for the line to gel? He played perfectly fine behind that slop tonight.

Thank goodness someone started a thread about starting Bortles. This really needs a discussion.
Quote:As upset as many vikings fans must be, they shouldnt be nearly as disappointed as some of us. Cassel has at least had some success in his career, while henne has had none. I think this has more to do with keeping a promise to chad than anything at this point. It seemed safe to promise him the job initially, as they probably werent expecting Bortles to be this good. I'm sure there's some mixed emotions going on with the coaching staff right now.

Sooner or later you folks are going to come to the realization that Bortles progression to the starting role has absolutely nothing to do with Henne.
Hey FBT, is Bortles ready yet? What does ready look like, because if Chad Henne is the poster child for that, then I'm a bit confused. I think this conversation comes down to this: what should be more important, knowledge or exectution? No doubt Henne has the playbook down better (how could he not?). But he's trash in games. Absolute trash.
Quote:oh well what can you do. they have decided to tank the season with henne   they just don't have the same courage of conviction about competition, pete carroll had. which is sad since Bradley was there to see it first hand.

Does it hurt Bortles at all if he isn't the starter in game 1?
What does the sheep say!?

Meep meep meep meep me me me meep.
Quote:Hey FBT, is Bortles ready yet? What does ready look like, because if Chad Henne is the poster child for that, then I'm a bit confused. I think this conversation comes down to this: what should be more important, knowledge or exectution? No doubt Henne has the playbook down better (how could he not?). But he's trash in games. Absolute trash.
Again, what Henne is is completely irrelevant. Everyone knows what we've got with him. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

I think Bortles is ready enough, but guess what? I'm not the one making the decision, and neither are you. So, feel free to whine about it. It won't change a thing, just like the other threads on this same subject haven't.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7