Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake "B2 Bomber" Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was very impressed with his poise behind that atrocious O-Line on display tonight.  It was very exciting watching him this pre-season and getting glimpses of what our future hold.  The 57 yard "bomb" was a thing of beauty and something that has not been seen in Jacksonville in a long, long time (opponents QB's excluded). 

It was great to see Lee with a big catch and his speed and separation before the catch was impressive.  Hopefully he will show the same as the season progresses.

Here's to a big season for the Jags! 

I actually like B2 Bomber
That's..... not a terrible nickname.

Quote:That's..... not a terrible nickname.

It really is.
Quote:It really is.

He doesn't need a nickname and I'm not saying it's great, but it's better than most I've heard suggested on here.
Blake getting some love tonight from the comment section from PFF's article tonight.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201.../#comments

Quote:I actually like B2 Bomber

Me too....
Don't you mean B5 bomber?

Quote:He doesn't need a nickname and I'm not saying it's great, but it's better than most I've heard suggested on here.

I get it and its personal preference but to me it's just as bad or worse than all the other manufactured nicknames we've seen.
Aren't most nicknames "manufactured"
I like "Blake Bortles".  What's up with the need for cheesy nicknames?

That pass by BB5 was an telling tell of just exactly what Caldwell sees in BB5. Everyone now sees it. As for B2 Bomber, a coworker and I talked of this name a week ago. I like it...

NH3...
I suppose but not in the way I was intending it.

The point is, people try too hard to give Bortles (and others) a nickname and they usually end up being pretty bad.  Maybe this one will stick, maybe it won't, I was only offering my opinion.  He's barely through his first preseason and people have tried to give him a handful of nicknames and I haven't been a fan of any of them yet.

Along with nicknames like "Gerhorse"...simply not a fan.  Maybe that one will stick too.  If it does, then great.

I like B5 Bomber more than B2, though.  

Either way I agree with the majority of the OP and I can't wait until we finally get Blake as our starting QB.

Quote:I suppose but not in the way I was intending it.

The point is, people try too hard to give Bortles (and others) a nickname and they usually end up being pretty bad. Maybe this one will stick, maybe it won't, I was only offering my opinion. He's barely through his first preseason and people have tried to give him a handful of nicknames and I haven't been a fan of any of them yet.

Along with nicknames like "Gerhorse"...simply not a fan. Maybe that one will stick too. If it does, then great.

I like B5 Bomber more than B2, though.

Either way I agree with the majority of the OP and I can't wait until we finally get Blake as our starting QB.

I do agree most nicknames are terrible. In most cases, people are quick to come up with a nickname so they can say they said it first.
I'm in Canada so all I can watch is NFL Network BS but they were talking up Bortles pretty good. 

That throw to Lee was a thing of beauty.  Wait for it, pump fake the D, go deep and stood in there.  The kid has it...
Quote:I'm in Canada so all I can watch is NFL Network [BAD WORD REMOVED] but they were talking up Bortles pretty good. 

That throw to Lee was a thing of beauty.  Wait for it, pump fake the D, go deep and stood in there.  The kid has it...

He does.

He made a few questionable throws/decisions but that's to be expected.  

It's sad that Chad Henne is going to be our starting QB to start off the year.  I like Chad for what he's done here, he's done the best he could with what he had and what was asked of him, he's just not a starting QB.  Blake is ready and I think he'll be in sooner rather than later.
Quote:I like "Blake Bortles".  What's up with the need for cheesy nicknames?

You see, the good thing about nicknames is that: people who like nicknames, it's fun. People don't care for nicknames, they could go with "Blake Bortles." At the end of the day, no one loses. I'm not a nickname fan myself, but it doesn't bother me (much like Frank Frangie and the broadcast doesn't bother me). But hey, some people love calling Kevin Durant the "Durantula" and Lebron "King James." Superman has been used 1,000 times, but that doesn't stop Cam Newton, Tebow, Dwight Howard, or Shaq from buying in. Some feel more natural, like Mike Thomas' M80' Andrei Kirilenko's AK47, Paul George's recent number change to 13 (PG13). George Herman Ruth had a nickname after his nick pan me from "Babe Ruth" to the Great Bambino. Some TEAMS have nicknames for their nicknames like the Bronx Bombers, the Lake Show, Lob City for the Clippers, and the Bolts for the Chargers, or hell, the Jags. Even further, some teams's fans' have nicknames like the 12th man and their stadiums have nicknames like Florida's O-Dome or more famous, The Swamp or LSU's Death Valley. Nicknames are for fans and I'd never take that part from them. Point is, corny or not, if people want to give nicknames to the athletes they invest their time in, so be it. It's better than Gabby
Nicknames or not, this kid likes to go vertical. He's been wearing out those seams all preseason. If he starts more than 10 games, Marcedes Lewis might put up some big numbers this year
Quote:That's..... not a terrible nickname.

It might be, but it sure beats Blaine Swaggart. 

Some of you people create the nerdiest nicknames ever for our players. 
Pages: 1 2 3