Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pete Prisco predicts Jags to go 4-12 (and 31 other teams too)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...-plays-out

Jaguars 4-12

Points for: 212 (fewest in team history)

Points against: 380 

Point Differential: -168

I guess he doesn't want to come  across as sounding like a homer.  We'll see. 

Didn't he predict Bortles to be the rookie of the year?

So he'll be ROY on a 4-12 team that produces the fewest points in team history?

Quote:Didn't he predict Bortles to be the rookie of the year?

I think Prisco just wants the clicks.  He knows it will get the locals riled up.  Especially when he's predicting some blowouts in the mix. 
Quote:Didn't he predict Bortles to be the rookie of the year?

LOL! Sounds legit.
I think that's sneaky sentiment on Henne being the starter.

He used to preach Gabbert as the next big name franchise QB.  Ear plugs.

He has us losing 35-17 to the dolphins, 33-10 to the Cowboys and being shut out by the Ravens.
He has the Jaguars only scoring a safety in week 1, classic! :woot:

While this doesn't shape up as a good collective season for the AFC South,   I would be shocked if the division as a whole only won 18 games.   That's an average of 4.5 wins per team.  

Considering there will be 12 wins in divisional play if no games end up in a tie,  that means Pete Prisco is predicting the AFC South will win only 6 more games collectively the entire season.    In essence,  expecting each team on average to go 1-8-1 in non division games.

The bottom line is it's hard to take Prisco seriously when he makes predictions like this.  

Sneaky snook! 

it's just one man's opinion

given the state of our offense (Henne, the OL, inexperience at WR), he might be right

Quote:it's just one man's opinion

given the state of our offense (Henne, the OL, inexperience at WR), he might be right
Agreed.  But, I'd be curious to hear what his prediction would be if Bortles assumed the starting role.  How much weight is he giving to Henne starting all year?
With Henne starting, this sounds about right. Some people on here have some delusional expectations of Henne.

This offense is incapable of scoring points with Henne at the helm and your defense can only score so many TD's.

Quote:Agreed.  But, I'd be curious to hear what his prediction would be if Bortles assumed the starting role.  How much weight is he giving to Henne starting all year?

6-10 probably, ha not much better

Quote:6-10 probably, ha not much better

But better just the same. 
Quote:With Henne starting, this sounds about right. Some people on here have some delusional expectations of Henne.

This offense is incapable of scoring points with Henne at the helm and your defense can only score so many TD's.
I don't think it's delusional. I think people are expecting the team to be better as a whole, especially the defense.  As long as that's the case, we're going to be in more games this year than last season. 
If this happens the OC would be fired. The coach would be on a burning hot seat and DC would be sweating it.Also season tickets would drop in half again .Pete has usually a good write up but he looks like a complete idiot here.38-10 to the Cowgirls?

I guess his buddies at CBS at been making fun of him for liking the Jags so much. If so he needs to stand up for himself.

Also he saying this offense will be worse than the early Tampa Bay teams. Are you kidding me!!!

Quote:If this happens the OC would be fired. The coach would be on a burning hot seat and DC would be sweating it.Also season tickets would drop in half again .Pete has usually a good write up but he looks like a complete idiot here.38-10 to the Cowgirls?

I guess his buddies at CBS at been making fun of him for liking the Jags so much. If so he needs to stand up for himself.

Prisco is hated for many reasons that have nothing to do with us
He used last year's scores
Pages: 1 2 3 4