Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN's Jaworski of ESPN on the rookie QBs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Skip says that he thinks Johnny Alcohol has a stronger arm than Bortles?? LOL, I disagree. 

The other comments via Jaws and Stephen A. were the typical generic variety. Nothing we haven't heard over the last 2 weeks. 

I really wish we would have been able to also add Mettenberger or Garoppolo as a 2nd QB this past draft... 

Hopefully there will be a good one next year in the mid-late rounds, as you always need to be looking for quality QB, as theres always only 1 play between the starter and backup playing. 

I've always liked Jaws. He sucked on MNF but that's a tough gig. I hate it when Skip says stuff I agree with, though.
Bortlejuice gettin' some love.

Quote:I've always liked Jaws. He sucked on MNF but that's a tough gig. I hate it when Skip says stuff I agree with, though.
I hated Jaws when he was with the Eagles, but I really like his analysis.

I'm not sure I can point to anything I've ever agreed with Skip Bayless about.  If I ever found myself in agreement with Bayless regarding anything football related, I think I'd need a shower.
Quote:Skip says that he thinks Johnny Alcohol has a stronger arm than Bortles?? LOL, I disagree. 

The other comments via Jaws and Stephen A. were the typical generic variety. Nothing we haven't heard over the last 2 weeks. 

I really wish we would have been able to also add Mettenberger or Garoppolo as a 2nd QB this past draft... 

Hopefully there will be a good one next year in the mid-late rounds, as you always need to be looking for quality QB, as theres always only 1 play between the starter and backup playing. 
Had we been able to get one of those two other QBs in addition to Bortles, not only would the position be set for years, but future trade possibilities would be numerous, I think.
Quote:I hated Jaws when he was with the Eagles, but I really like his analysis.

I'm not sure I can point to anything I've ever agreed with Skip Bayless about.  If I ever found myself in agreement with Bayless regarding anything football related, I think I'd need a shower.
The dude thrives on being the outcast with the against the grain opinion.
"Our guy" Johnny Manziel.

They really do love him don't they...

Quote:Had we been able to get one of those two other QBs in addition to Bortles, not only would the position be set for years, but future trade possibilities would be numerous, I think.
That's true but we would have had to sacrifice one of our picks, which at this point are looking good.  We also have Henne under contract.  He is a serviceable backup.  I have a feeling the will surely address QB with a later round pick in one of the next 2 drafts.
Quote:That's true but we would have had to sacrifice one of our picks, which at this point are looking good.  We also have Henne under contract.  He is a serviceable backup.  I have a feeling the will surely address QB with a later round pick in one of the next 2 drafts.
Exactly right with the sacrificing of the picks.

If Mettenberger were taken instead of say Telvin or Chris Smith, I'm not sure I'd be entirely happy with that, even with what I said about the QB position and trade possibilities.
Quote:Exactly right with the sacrificing of the picks.

If Mettenberger were taken instead of say Telvin or Chris Smith, I'm not sure I'd be entirely happy with that, even with what I said about the QB position and trade possibilities.
Exactly.  That's what makes it tough when drafting a backup QB.  You are mitigating for a possilbe injury to your starter, but at what cost is it worth it?
Quote:Skip says that he thinks Johnny Alcohol has a stronger arm than Bortles?? LOL, I disagree. 

There was a lot of talk before and around draft time the Manziel had the strongest arm in the draft or at least the strongest arm of the top prospects.  Personally, I have never seen him use that strength in game situations, so I'm a bit skeptical myself.
What good is a strong arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 feet away
Only thing that really matters is that their arm isn't a liability, which for Bortles it isn't at all.  With his mechanics being adjusted, he can put more zip on the ball than Peyton Manning can.

Quote:There was a lot of talk before and around draft time the Manziel had the strongest arm in the draft or at least the strongest arm of the top prospects.  Personally, I have never seen him use that strength in game situations, so I'm a bit skeptical myself.

This. ^^^

I'm not claiming his arm is weak or anything like that, but I know when I watch Bortles play and I watch Manziel, that Bortles arm looks significantly stronger. 
I would have taken Bridgewater, Manziel, then Bortles in that order.

..... another illustration that this front office is smarter than I am.   Thank God I can say this once again.

Strong arm?  Ryan Leaf has a much stronger arm then Payton Manning.   You want to talk about strong arms, let's bring Jeff George into the discussion.

Jamarcus Russell had a strong arm.

Boy, he could launch it 80 yards down the field while on his knees, but that doesn't get you far in the NFL...

Just recall all the gushing Skip Clueless did over Tebow....nuff said....
Skip still supporting manziel over anyone else. He gets too wrapped up in excitement a QB generates.

Pages: 1 2 3