Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rookie QB Grades via nfl.com. Borltes aced it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow this guy has looked good every time he is behind center. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nziel-down

*Bortles
Ha Ha.  I always do that.  It's like my fingers always like the l before t.

I'm pretty sure both DJ and Bucky Brooks said Bortles would be a bust and waste... Jags fans got TWO WORDS for ya !
It's also nice listening to SiriusXM NFL over the last couple of days and hearing Rams fans call in and yearn for a do-over of the 2014 draft...  where they would take Bortles at 2.  Hindsight...

Nice to hear fans of other teams jealous of the Jaguars for once though.  It's been too long and I think there will be a lot more of that in the coming years.

He has looked like one of the best of this years' rookie QB's. Hopefully when he actually plays in regular season he keeps it up. Manziel is a douche and I'm glad we passed on him so far according to what he's done.

Quote:I'm pretty sure both DJ and Bucky Brooks said Bortles would be a bust and waste... Jags fans got TWO WORDS for ya !

I don't know about Brooks but I thought DJ was a Bortles supporter.  I'll have to go back and look.
Quote:I don't know about Brooks but I thought DJ was a Bortles supporter.  I'll have to go back and look.
Bucky wanted us to take Manziel. He thought we really would.
Quote:It's also nice listening to SiriusXM NFL over the last couple of days and hearing Rams fans call in and yearn for a do-over of the 2014 draft...  where they would take Bortles at 2.  Hindsight...

Nice to hear fans of other teams jealous of the Jaguars for once though.  It's been too long and I think there will be a lot more of that in the coming years.

Rams fans are just very upset that they have to watch Shaun Hill all year. I am sure they know a torn ACL in preseason can't be predicted during the draft.

Then again, with so many idiots rooting for NFL teams these days with beers in their hands, maybe some fans have no clue what "lying season" means.
Quote:Bucky wanted us to take Manziel. He thought we really would.

At one point several guys expected us to pick Manziel. I don't think Bucky was the only one who thought we should.

I admit for a brief period Manziel had me fooled.  I bought in that he was going to "focus".  Johnny seems like the same old Johnny now and that won't work at this level.  

Both guys had Bortles behind Bridgewater and Manziel. In both cases they had questions about his arm strength and ability to read coverages. They both also thought he would need a couple years to develop into a solid starting QB after playing at UCF.

Neither of them wanted the Jags to take Manziel but rather they could see it happening because Gus is a defensive coach who saw what Russle Wilson did in Seattle.

They both recently admitted to being shocked at how well Bortles has played. Much the same way many people here are. I like listening to their podcast with Matt Money Smith and recommend it to any college football fans. CFB 24/7 is it and is especially good around draft season.
Quote:I admit for a brief period Manziel had me fooled.  I bought in that he was going to "focus".  Johnny seems like the same old Johnny now and that won't work at this level.  

The bravado that Manziel possesses rarely keeps a person on top of their chosen profession.  I feel like I've watched this movie a million times.  The book is not yet written on his career after 3 preseason games, but I'm not betting on top 10 level QB play out of him or anything close to it for that matter.
Quote:Then again, with so many idiots rooting for NFL teams these days with beers in their hands...

Hey wait...  I resemble that remark!
Quote:Then again, with so many idiots rooting for NFL teams these days with beers in their hands, maybe some fans have no clue what "lying season" means.

Oh JW, how I missed you!

Welcome back!
There are Gazelle's and Grunt's.

Gazelle's make it look effortlessly on the surface Grunt's work hard every day.

Gazelle's cruise, Grunt's plough on.

When the going get's difficult or is not as it was before Gazelle's spook out.

Grunt's adapt and plough on.

Adapt, Learn,  Adapt, Learn, Adapt.

There is a sizable difference between Ego and Self Confidence.

Everything old is new again. BTDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMe0Rz1frdE

I sincerely hope both QB's have long successful career's

HeadSlap

Quote:There are Gazelle's and Grunt's.

Gazelle's make it look effortlessly on the surface Grunt's work hard every day.

Gazelle's cruise, Grunt's plough on.

When the going get's difficult or is not as it was before Gazelle's spook out.

Grunt's adapt and plough on.

Adapt, Learn, Adapt, Learn, Adapt.

There is a sizable difference between Ego and Self Confidence.

Everything old is new again. BTDT

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMe0Rz1frdE'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMe0Rz1frdE</a>

I sincerely hope both QB's have long successful career's

HeadSlap
Well said HeadSlap
Bortles has earned the recognition.  When the dust settles on this thing, it looks like we got our guy. 

Pretty good grades for every rookie QB out there.

I'm still thinking the Browns would be in much better shape if they had taken Watkins and Bridgewater. It's better to have a #1 WR than a good #2 CB + another first. (Of course if they can get a WR on Watkins' level next year they'll be in good shape but I doubt that)

And of course, I think Bridge will be much more productive than Manziel... Speaking of which, thank God for the Vikings. If they hadn't swiped him then the Texans would be much more of a threat long-term than they are presently.

Pages: 1 2 3