Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Surprise cuts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who gets the axe that people aren't expecting?

Poz ?

Miller ?

They are the only two starters who have even a slim chance of being cut, Poz because of his salary and Miller because of the depth at DT.

Todman would be no surprise.

Mike Brown would be somewhat of a surprise, but not huge.

I guess any draft pick would be a surprise. I don't see any being cut.

Quote:Poz ?

Miller ?

They are the only two starters who have even a slim chance of being cut, Poz because of his salary and Miller because of the depth at DT.

I don't even think they have a slim chance of getting cut.  Both of those guys are locks.

I'm gonna say

Jeremy Harris

Josh Evans

Miller ?

Todman would be no surprise.

Mike Brown would be somewhat of a surprise, but not huge.

I guess any draft pick would be a surprise. I don't see any being cut.
If this was a team that was dealing with cap issues, maybe.  They're not, so neither of those cuts seems even remotely possible. 

Surprise cuts?  Scobee or Anger. 
Tandon Doss
Quote:Who gets the axe that people aren't expecting?

I don't think the surprise cuts will come until next offseason, this regime will have 3 draft and FA classes under it's belt. I don't see POZ, Miller, or Lewis gettting cut until next year, if they're cut at all.

LOL. Why do people float this every year?  It's ridiculous. 
Brewster, although it isn't that surprising after the preseason.
Doss, Geno Hayes, and Harbor (due to injury) are the only "recognizable" players I can predict at the moment  --  though I'm sure they'll cut someone many of us don't expect. 

Surprise keeps?  Prosinski remains for another year just to frost the message board. 

Quote:Surprise keeps?  Prosinski remains for another year just to frost the message board. 

Hahaha, Chris Prosinski, stealing money from the Jaguars since 2011.
Justin Blackmon

Quote:If this was a team that was dealing with cap issues, maybe.  They're not, so neither of those cuts seems even remotely possible. 

Surprise cuts?  Scobee or Anger. 

My wife will flip if Scobee is cut
Mike brown may not get cut now but I expect him to be by time Ace comes back full time.
Quote:Mike brown may not get cut now but I expect him to be by time Ace comes back full time.
why do you expect that?

Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Hurns, Sanders....

we only keep 5 WRs? You going to try and stash Taylor and Brown?

My opinion is that we keep 6 WRs year round. While Ace is out we have Taylor and Brown. When Ace returns we can then place Brown or Taylor on PS, if eligible. 

I think Hurns essentially cost Doss his roster spot while he was hurt. Brown seems to be liked really well by Gus. So maybe Taylor gets cut to keep Doss but that isn't what I'm thinking will happen.
Ziggy hood

Chad Henne...oh wait, Del Rio's in Danver now, nevermind.
Quote:why do you expect that?

Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Hurns, Sanders....

we only keep 5 WRs? You going to try and stash Taylor and Brown?

My opinion is that we keep 6 WRs year round. While Ace is out we have Taylor and Brown. When Ace returns we can then place Brown or Taylor on PS, if eligible.

I think Hurns essentially cost Doss his roster spot while he was hurt. Brown seems to be liked really well by Gus. So maybe Taylor gets cut to keep Doss but that isn't what I'm thinking will happen.

Taylor is as good as gone. I don't think we keep 6 wideouts seeing how we will want an extra OLineman or two on the roster even if it just a body.
Quote:My wife will flip if Scobee is cut

My wife's company would lose a lot of business if he was cut. 
Ace Sanders

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5