Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hows Allen Robinson Recovery Going?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can't Wait to see his debut. Bortles to Robinson 

"Bortlesmania".....ha, love that!

And....yeah....its been eerily quiet on the Robinson front. 

Its amazing how these players have little injury track record in college, and then come here and then automatically get hurt the first week of camp and wind up missing all this time. (yearly observation)

I'm excited for him to come back so we have a RZ threat.

I to am beginning to worry about Allen. I was really excited when we drafted him. Right now I would say he won't even play on opening day. Who would have guessed Hurns would have been in the starting lineup come September!

The good thing is that when he has been on the field in practice, reports are that he looks like the best receiver out there, including over Hurns.

Quote:"Bortlesmania".....ha, love that!

I love that idea too, but the zero for an O looks bad for a guy who wears #5.

Part of me wants a Bortles jersey for Christmas . . . NEXT year, when he is supposed to play all 16 games.
Quote:I'm excited for him to come back so we have a RZ threat.

So you don't think the wide receiver picked before him will be a red zone threat? What about last year's rookie or the veteran WR on our roster?  I think "red zone threat" means the combination of Ace Sanders, Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, and Allen Robinson.
Robinson has a challenge in front of him.

He has to go from coming out of a route while Henne still has the ball in his hand and watching him throw it and having to fight off a DB to catch it for 5 yards and an immediate tackle to turning around and having the ball hit him in the chest before he knows it was thrown from Bortles and actually having room to make a play after the catch.

Quote:So you don't think the wide receiver picked before him will be a red zone threat? What about last year's rookie or the veteran WR on our roster?  I think "red zone threat" means the combination of Ace Sanders, Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, and Allen Robinson.
When I say red zone threat I mean a guy who can win the jump ball battles...Lee aint gonna do that. Ace aint gonna do that.
Hopefully he's not like Laurent... In all seriousness this guy and Hurns are going to easily carry the majority of wide receiver group as far as bortles/henne will take them
Quote:When I say red zone threat I mean a guy who can win the jump ball battles...Lee aint gonna do that. Ace aint gonna do that.

SHorts don't do that either. 

Blackmon did. 
Quote:SHorts don't do that either. 

Blackmon did. 
I meant to include him as well. And I don't recall any Blackmon jump ball TDs. ML89 is the only person i can recall.
Quote:So you don't think the wide receiver picked before him will be a red zone threat? What about last year's rookie or the veteran WR on our roster?  I think "red zone threat" means the combination of Ace Sanders, Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, and Allen Robinson.
what the heck are you talking about?
He made the trip to Detroit (unlike other injured players) and has been working on the side at practice the last couple of practices.  Depending on how he practices this week he may even play the last preseason game on a limited basis.  I'm not worried yet.

Quote:I meant to include him as well. And I don't recall any Blackmon jump ball TDs. ML89 is the only person i can recall.

I remember Blackmon winning battles of a physical nature (all over the field) though. Not sure if any were jump balls in the EZ however)

None of the other Jags WR had/ have that kind of physicality. 
Quote:I remember Blackmon winning battles of a physical nature (all over the field) though. Not sure if any were jump balls in the EZ however)

None of the other Jags WR had/ have that kind of physicality. 

Hopefully Robinson does. A physical big target receiver is the only thing we are missing on the WR list at the moment besides a true #1 downfield speedster.
Quote:Hopefully Robinson does. A physical big target receiver is the only thing we are missing on the WR list at the moment besides a true #1 downfield speedster.

Definitely cosigned here. 
I have big hopes for Robinson in the latter half of the season this year.  I think he's going to be a big part of this offense. 

As far as his recovery goes,  I noticed in the Ace Sanders video on the homepage that he was catching balls and jogging on the side lines at practice the other day, so he's probably a week or two away from testing at full speed, then a week of conditioning up to game speed before he sees the field.  Just my best guess. ^   

Quote:I have big hopes for Robinson in the latter half of the season this year.  I think he's going to be a big part of this offense. 

As far as his recovery goes,  I noticed in the Ace Sanders video on the homepage that he was catching balls and jogging on the side lines at practice the other day, so he's probably a week or two away from testing at full speed, then a week of conditioning up to game speed before he sees the field.  Just my best guess. ^   

Robinson's injury was a hammy, right? 

Those things can linger. 
Pages: 1 2 3