Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many draft choices does Caldwell have going into 2015's draft right now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious....

The Gabbert trade was before the 2014 draft, right? So that 6th rounder was already selected. 

Do we currently have any extra picks for 2015 yet?

Or is it only the original 7?

ANyone think Caldwell will be able to swing any deals nearing cut down day to accumulate some more? Maybe we should have hung onto Babin for that purpose. 

The stinking Eagles are talking about dealing Sanchez for some extra picks now that he's played a few good games for them and they merely signed him as a bargain UFA in the offseason. 

Just 7 right now.  Unless Colin Kaepernick gets injured, and Gabbert starts I think... 8 games?

That'd be hilarious.  Especially if it's more than a 6th.

Quote:Just 7 right now.  Unless Colin Kaepernick gets injured, and Gabbert starts I think... 8 games?

That'd be hilarious.  Especially if it's more than a 6th.

Does Gabbert just have to start one game for that to kick in?
Id like to see shorts, poz, and maybe andre branch dealt. All those players represent peaks on their "value" right now which im not convinced will stay that way. Good players or not, Caldwell should be able to get more picks than they are truely worth at the current moment.

Im thinking a 2nd or 3rd for shorts, a 3rd for poz, and 3rd or 4th for branch.
Quote:Id like to see shorts, poz, and maybe andre branch dealt. All those players represent peaks on their "value" right now which im not convinced will stay that way. Good players or not, Caldwell should be able to get more picks than they are truely worth at the current moment.

I think you are over valuing all their trade values and with Shorts injury history I doubt we get a whole lot. Plus, Shorts and the organization seem to be working on a contract extension last I heard.
Quote:Id like to see shorts, poz, and maybe andre branch dealt. All those players represent peaks on their "value" right now which im not convinced will stay that way. Good players or not, Caldwell should be able to get more picks than they are truely worth at the current moment.

Agreed except for Branch. I'm not sure what we've seen from him is peak, yet. His career  production arc is in the midst of a significant upward spike. He's entering his 3rd year now and many DE's have historically broken out in year 3. 

The values are overvalued but why Poz when we have nothing really behind him thats close to him.

Shorts while I personally wouldn't trade you could say that Hurns//Lee//Robinson//M.Brown would lessen the loss and Andre Branch can be replaced by C.Smith and the rest of the new DL people.
Quote:The values are overvalued but why Poz when we have nothing really behind him thats close to him.

Shorts while I personally wouldn't trade you could say that Hurns//Lee//Robinson//M.Brown would lessen the loss and Andre Branch can be replaced by C.Smith and the rest of the new DL people.
Agreed.  There's a big drop-off behind Poz on the roster.  I noticed Stupar slow to the ball or looking lost on a number of plays vs Tampa. 

They can afford him and he plays his [BLEEP] off.  No sense in trying to deal him. 

I'm inclined to let Branch develop one more season in this system. DEs come into their own later than other positions frequently.

Poz should not be traded, that would be insane.

Quote:Agreed except for Branch. I'm not sure what we've seen from him is peak, yet. His career  production arc is in the midst of a significant upward spike. He's entering his 3rd year now and many DE's have historically broken out in year 3. 

While true, His preason play has made me cool on him a bit. He is getting stonewalled too much. Even last year, He'd always atleast smell the QB.

And as far as everyone else about Poz, The dude is 1 or 2 years from a major dropoff due to age. Letting him get to that point like we did MJD would be wasteful. A 3rd would be appropriate and we can easily find a Free agent replacement next year for when it counts.
Draft picks are to valuable. You wouldn't get anything higher than a 5th for any of those guys. I wouldn't give anything for Poz and I might give a 7th for Branch.

Quote:Draft picks are to valuable. You wouldn't get anything higher than a 5th for any of those guys. I wouldn't give anything for Poz and I might give a 7th for Branch.

LOL. We got a draft pick for Gabbert. Thats all I need to know about a teams willingness to overpay for a player. Ill stick to my demands for those 3.
Quote:LOL. We got a draft pick for Gabbert. Thats all I need to know about a teams willingness to overpay for a player. Ill stick to my demands for those 3.
So you'll stick with Poz, Branch, Shorts?  Cause none netting a 3rd
Quote:So you'll stick with Poz, Branch, Shorts?  Cause none netting a 3rd
I'd be shocked if any netted a 3.
You are smoking some good stuff if you think you're getting a 3rd for an MLB that will be 30 this year. Branch has done nothing to warrant a team giving up a 3rd round pick for him.

Poz might get a 4th from some team with injury problems that runs an old school 4-3.   I don't see anyone giving up more than a 5th for Branch or Shorts. 
Good lord, who the hell wants to trade Poz? Dude is like our QB on D. There's no other guy behind him worthy of starting.

Quote:Good lord, who the hell wants to trade Poz? Dude is like our QB on D. There's no other guy behind him worthy of starting.

signed....

the "Good Lord, who the hell wants to trade MoJo" crowd from 2010. 
Quote:signed....

Being as MOJO led the league in rushing in 2011, trading him in 2010 would have been brilliant !!! 

Trading Poz would be just as brilliant .   :wacko:
Quote:signed....

Mojo wasn't out there changing plays and giving guys assignments. You remove Poz out of our defense and the whole defense suffers.
Pages: 1 2