Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Bortles starts 8-10+ Games, he WILL win ROTY. Yes, or No?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I believe this will be true. Given his production thus far, the second half of the schedule being easier, along with the hopeful improvement around him at OL and WR/TE, I believe it would be a land slide.

My guess if he plays 8 games:

64% completions

1800 yards passing / 200 yards rushing

20 pass TD / 3 rush TD / 6 INT

That's what I think would be a "perfect" 8 games from Bortles, and would probably win him the award considering who else is starting.

Your thoughts?
he could probably win it if he starts. since qb's have a leg up on the award anyway. if he only starts eight games he would have to probably win a majority of those games. if he plays all years. numbers would probably be enough.   but we probably get to watch henne be one of the worst quarterbacks in the league again.

I think it's probably more like 15 TDs, 10 Ints, 2,000 yards, 61%
hope he plays all the games, so those numbers could look even better.

Quote:I believe this will be true. Given his production thus far, the second half of the schedule being easier, along with the hopeful improvement around him at OL and WR/TE, I believe it would be a land slide.

My guess if he plays 8 games:

64% completions

1800 yards passing / 200 yards rushing

20 pass TD / 3 rush TD / 6 INT

That's what I think would be a "perfect" 8 games from Bortles, and would probably win him the award considering who else is starting.

Your thoughts?

You are projecting a rookie to have a 46 TD season (extrapolated for a 16 game season).

May be a tad optimistic.
Quote:You are projecting a rookie to have a 46 TD season (extrapolated for a 16 game season).

May be a tad optimistic.
I think given 8 games it'd be between 10-16. Bortles and the offense in general seem to struggle in the redzone and I think it will take some time to gel. He's certainly not always gonna look as good as he has this preseason.
Only 6 picks? With our o-line? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Bortles only has one TD all preseason. (about 4-5 quarters) Extrapolated for 10 games, that equals roughly 11-12 TD's. 

Nah, probably not good enough for ROTY. 

I agree those numbers are probably closer to what he would realistically get at this point. Thats what I think he gets in a perfect scenario where he comes in and lights it up.

The only other Jag I think even has a chance is one of the rookie WR, and it would have to be a massive year. Guy like Hurns could put up big numbers if he plays well for 16 games. Leads the league so far in receptions and yards I think.
If Clowney gets 10+ QB sacks, which probably is do-able for him, he'll likely get ROTY. 

For Bortles to get it, (while beating out a stat line like the projected one for Clowney,) Bortles would have to go something like 8-2 in his 10 starts, and have 25 TD and no more than 10 INTs. Not impossible, but not probable, either. 

Agreed. But it is fun to imagine. :-)
8 games 

1800yards 12TDs 8ints 

250rush yards 4 rush tds

It will be hard, seems like Watkins has been dubbed the OROTY already by the talking heads so it will be hard for Bortles to even catch this attention
Quote:8 games

1800yards 12TDs 8ints

250rush yards 4 rush tds

I would be totally stoked for those kind of numbers.
Quote:It will be hard, seems like Watkins has been dubbed the OROTY already by the talking heads so it will be hard for Bortles to even catch this attention

I don't think Watkins is going to be all that productive this season.....just my opinion. I do not see him winning OROY

Quote:It will be hard, seems like Watkins has been dubbed the OROTY already by the talking heads so it will be hard for Bortles to even catch this attention

If any of these rookie QBs start a lot of games and go .500 or higher I guarantee they would trump almost anything a WR will put up this year. May be one or two guys get close to 1K yards, but I think at least one of our three rookies will be just as productive. Just don't know who. Lol
Quote:I would be totally stoked for those kind of numbers.
I think those are extremely feasible for him in 8 games.
Hurns>Watkins so far  Ninja
Quote:Hurns>Watkins so far Ninja

Hurns leads the lead in yards, number 2 in receptions (by 2), and leads yards per game average. 17.7 YPC. Has most first downs earned, as well as most catches over 20 yards. Pretty crazy. Obviously preseason but every other guy has had playing time too. Hope it carries over, guy looks legit so far.
Quote:Hurns leads the lead in yards, number 2 in receptions (by 2), and leads yards per game average. 17.7 YPC. Obviously preseason but every other guy has had playing time too. Hope it carries over, guy looks legit so far.

Hurns had an 18+ YPC last year in college so what he's doing now isn't really anomalous. 
Pages: 1 2 3