Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dave Caldwell Players Meeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 12m12 minutes ago

Caldwell talking to players now. I asked to attend. He said no.

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 10m10 minutes ago

Meeting lasted 2 min, 50 sec

Possible resignation?

Interesting...very interesting
Quote:Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 12m12 minutes ago

<div>

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 10m10 minutes ago

Possible resignation?

</div>
I really don't think so. I'd like to know what the heck this was about though. 2 min 50 sec is awfully short.
Wish my meetings lasted 3 minutes
Caldwell : Nobody is safe next year

* Drops Mic

2 min and 10 secs of dead silence
Thank you for your hard work this year. We hope to have an answer on the new coach in a few weeks. In the mean time, enjoy some time off and get mentally and physically ready for the off season programs. My door is always open if you need anything, just text my assistant and she'll let you know where I am.

Speculation. 

He's always blunt so not surprised it's not a long talk
Quote:Thank you for your hard work this year. We hope to have an answer on the new coach in a few weeks. In the mean time, enjoy some time off and get mentally and physically ready for the off season programs. My door is always open if you need anything, just text my assistant and she'll let you know where I am.
Yeah, I mean a season ending interview likely doesn't need to take that long. But considering how many reporters keep talking about just how short it was...it obviously isn't the norm. Then again, usually the HC is doing this and not the GM.
Quote:Thank you for your hard work this year. We hope to have an answer on the new coach in a few weeks. In the mean time, enjoy some time off and get mentally and physically ready for the off season programs. My door is always open if you need anything, just text my assistant and she'll let you know where I am.

Exactly this.
Quote:Caldwell : Nobody in safe next year

* Drops Mic

2 min and 10 secs of dead silence
Thug life music comes on and he pulls out the shades
Could be for a number of reasons. Calling a player's meeting though and it only lasting for roughly three minutes seems pretty frustrating to me personally.

If it only took three minutes to address an entire football team you couldn't have packaged up your thoughts and feelings into a neat little email or text message to send out to everybody? 

Either way, we'll see. With the recent rash of grumblings coming from some of the players on defense about the coaching staff he may have even called this meeting to shut them up for the remainder of the off-season as well. It's just speculation now. 

Quote:Could be for a number of reasons. Calling a player's meeting though and it only lasting for roughly three minutes seems pretty frustrating to me personally.

If it only took three minutes to address an entire football team you couldn't have packaged up your thoughts and feelings into a neat little email or text message to send out to everybody? 

Either way, we'll see. With the recent rash of grumblings coming from some of the players on defense about the coaching staff he may have even called this meeting to shut them up for the remainder of the off-season as well. It's just speculation now. 

Everyone is in the locker room today for treatment and locker clean out. It's pretty standard to have a talk with the group wrapping up the season.
Quote:Everyone is in the locker room today for treatment and locker clean out. It's pretty standard to have a talk with the group wrapping up the season.

True. I forgot we played on the road yesterday. 
Three minutes is long when you know what you have to say and no questions are asked
I hope Dave meets with some key players for some one-on-one post mortems. 

He most likely said that they're now beginning the process of head coach search and he'll keep them informed as necessary

Or something along those lines..
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/815951480243023872'>12m12 minutes ago</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/815951973082169344'>10m10 minutes ago</a>

Possible resignation?

Reach much?
Quote:Reach much?

It's Ryan O, the ring leader of the Jerrad Clan.
"I'm sorry for what happened this year.   I am at least partially responsible.   I know you guys tried hard.  As you know, there will be a new coach.  If anyone has anything they want to tell me, call me or come in and talk to me.  My door is open.   Say whatever you want to say.  I won't hold it against you.  Thank you." 

That's about it.  

Pages: 1 2