Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clots GM calls out Trent Richardson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Per rotoworld:

Quote:Colts GM on TRich: 'Needs to answer the bell'

Trent Richardson | IND

(August 20, 2014 10:08 PM EDT)

Colts GM Ryan Grigson says Trent Richardson "needs to answer the bell" and be "accountable."

Richardson gained eight yards on his first preseason carry, and has 26 yards on his last 13. "Trent, he needs to answer the bell and do his job to the best of his ability," said Grigson. "We’re all accountable here. ... He’s such a hard runner, we know how tough he is, but he’s got to produce just like all these guys do on this final 53." If this was an outward expression of disappointment from Grigson, it'd be a first from the Colts' organization, which has propped up T-Rich at every opportunity since trading for him last September. Richardson's ADP has finally begun to dip. He's going late in the fifth round of standard drafts.

SOURCE: 

ESPN.COM

He's a B-U-S-T.
Maybe Grigson is the one who should be held accountable? He traded a 1st rounder for a running back which would be bad enough anyway. But trading for a slow late round talent is even worse...
Way to try and cover his own tracks.

Worst GM in the league since Gene Smith was fired. Luck doesn't count, he was going #1 no matter what GM was on the team. 

Bust

This smacks of a guy who knows he screwed up in trading for a player, and now he's doing whatever damage control he can to put distance there. 

That was a HORRIBLE trade for Indy.  Yeah, I'm Captain Obvious here but seriously.  If you were the GM in that situation, you'd have to think to yourself, "They just drafted this guy high in the first round last year after trading up a spot.  Now they want to trade him...  Hmmmm...  Oh heck why not?  Let's give them a first rounder!"

Stupid doesn't even begin to explain it.  Like someone mentioned above, RBs don't get drafted in the first round these days.  The guy would have to be special to do so.  Special and Trent Richardson don't belong in the same sentence.  Grigson may survive there for a few years solely due to Luck but I hope he does last a long, long time.  He's a dope.

Richardson still has the potential to be a serviceable backup RB
Quote:Richardson still has the potential to be a serviceable backup RB

the issue being you can find serviceable backup RBs in the 5th round or later, even UDFA are commonly good backups.
I hope they trade next year's first round pick for another RB.
Quote:Way to try and cover his own tracks.

Worst GM in the league since Gene Smith was fired. Luck doesn't count, he was going #1 no matter what GM was on the team. 

In what way did he try to cover his tracks? Did you read something I didn't? All he said was basically he needs to be better... Which is 100% truth.

Also, look at the rest of the draft from 2012 and let me know how much Grigson sucks.
Quote:In what way did he try to cover his tracks? Did you read something I didn't? All he said was basically he needs to be better... Which is 100% truth.

Also, look at the rest of the draft from 2012 and let me know how much Grigson sucks.

He nailed his first five picks of his tenure but has done little right since. Do you feel good about his 2013-14 classes?
Quote:In what way did he try to cover his tracks? Did you read something I didn't? All he said was basically he needs to be better... Which is 100% truth.

Ty Hilton is the only notable player, Fleener is average and Allen hasn't shown me anything. 
Quote:Ty Hilton is the only notable player, Fleener is average and Allen hasn't shown me anything. 
Allen was pretty good prior to injury wasent he?
Just curious what RBs could the Colts have picked with that pick they traded?

You rookies are always capitalizing clots.
Quote:Just curious what RBs could the Colts have picked with that pick they traded?
Outside AP, McCoy, & Charles, Colts coulda had any RB they wanted. Guess they wanted the one that averages two yards a carry.
bust

Quote:Just curious what RBs could the Colts have picked with that pick they traded?
Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde etc in this draft, all of which imo will be better..
Quote:Allen was pretty good prior to injury wasent he?
Average. 
Quote:Allen was pretty good prior to injury wasent he?

Yes he was.

Jag fans wouldn't know (shocker).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5