Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The problem with presidential candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-ve...ary-travel

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Hillary Rodham Clinton likes to travel in style.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">She insists on staying in the “presidential suite” of luxury hotels that she chooses anywhere in the world, including Las Vegas.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">She usually requires those who pay her six-figure fees for speeches to also provide a private jet for transportation — only a $39 million, 16-passenger Gulfstream G450 or larger will do...

This isn't a poke at Hillary Clinton's political affiliation.  Ironically, it's not my intention to sound political in a political forum, but this story brilliantly illustrates the problem with most candidates who run for our top office.  By the time they've jumped through the hoops and played the political games, they become far removed from resembling most of the population they claim to understand and represent.  HC is an imperious hag who needs a railroad car to carry her personal baggage. Her chances at nomination become more remote everyday.  Sadly, it appears the only choices for either party are equally unsavory.    

You were making some valid points until you hit the Hyperbolic Button and "imperious hag" and railroad car came out.

Quote:You were making some valid points until you hit the Hyperbolic Button and "imperious hag" and railroad car came out.

Quite frankly I'm surprised anyone doesn't think she is.  Her volatile temper and pushy demeanor are legend in Washington circles, not to mention her violent tirades against her husband.  Not hyperbolic at all.
I try not to think about 2016, it depresses me. I don't see any good options on the horizon.

Quote:Quite frankly I'm surprised anyone doesn't think she is.  Her volatile temper and pushy demeanor are legend in Washington circles, not to mention her violent tirades against her husband.  Not hyperbolic at all.

Do you ascribe such personality traits to male candidates? Are you concerned how (pick your favorite) treats his wife or how much luggage he takes with him? You don't think a lot of male candidates have "a volatile temper"? Have you ever lost a second of sleep worrying about them?

You main point is correct and well taken. People like H. Clinton are superstars who have lost touch with "the masses" a long time ago. But what's the solution? Should she live in a double-wide in Oceanway?

It's like singer/songwriters who were once one of the people they write about, but are no more. Bruce Springsteen lives in Beverly Hills.
Quote:Do you ascribe such personality traits to male candidates? Are you concerned how (pick your favorite) treats his wife or how much luggage he takes with him? You don't think a lot of male candidates have "a volatile temper"? Have you ever lost a second of sleep worrying about them?

You main point is correct and well taken. People like H. Clinton are superstars who have lost touch with "the masses" a long time ago. But what's the solution? Should she live in a double-wide in Oceanway?

It's like singer/songwriters who were once one of the people they write about, but are no more. Bruce Springsteen lives in Beverly Hills.

Where in my post, specifically, did I attribute these characteristics to women only?

By baggage I mean scandal and personal issues.
Quote:Where in my post, specifically, did I attribute these characteristics to women only?

By baggage I mean scandal and personal issues.

The "imperious hag" kind of gives you away.

She's a politician. Aren't many saints running. 

Usually it's: my guy is a statesman; your guy is a sleazy politician.
Quote:The "imperious hag" kind of gives you away.

She's a politician. Aren't many saints running.

Usually it's: my guy is a statesman; your guy is a sleazy politician.

Where did I state that all women politicians are imperious hags? Nowhere. I stated that Hillary Clinton is one. Is there any way to be more specific?

I know "usually" that's the argument, but not from me. Many politicians of both stripes make me want to throw up a little in my mouth.
Quote:Where did I state that all women politicians are imperious hags? Nowhere. I stated that Hillary Clinton is one. Is there any way to be more specific?

I know "usually" that's the argument, but not from me. Many politicians of both stripes make me want to throw up a little in my mouth.

Adam just makes broad assumptions about everyone else without really ever giving any observations himself.
Quote:Adam just makes broad assumptions about everyone else without really ever giving any observations himself.

I'm waiting for him to ask me a why my original statement demeans all white heterosexual pantsuit wearing women over 60. Geezus...
Quote:I'm waiting for him to ask me a why my original statement demeans all white heterosexual pantsuit wearing women over 60. Geezus...
Hillary is heterosexual?
Quote:Hillary is heterosexual?

It's hard to say, really.  I think she takes it where ever she can get it. 
Quote:It's hard to say, really.  I think she takes it where ever she can get it. 
Well, she and her husband have something in common after all. 
Quote:http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-ve...ary-travel

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Hillary Rodham Clinton likes to travel in style.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">She insists on staying in the “presidential suite” of luxury hotels that she chooses anywhere in the world, including Las Vegas.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">She usually requires those who pay her six-figure fees for speeches to also provide a private jet for transportation — only a $39 million, 16-passenger Gulfstream G450 or larger will do...

This isn't a poke at Hillary Clinton's political affiliation.  Ironically, it's not my intention to sound political in a political forum, but this story brilliantly illustrates the problem with most candidates who run for our top office.  By the time they've jumped through the hoops and played the political games, they become far removed from resembling most of the population they claim to understand and represent.

Actually, it's really not out of the norm for people of either party and in that position to insist on the "best accommodations" no matter where they are going.

That being said, past Presidents and first ladies don't always fly on private jets.  If she is going to a speaking engagement where she is being paid, and part of her fee is private transportation, I have no problem with it.  What I do have a problem with is her "dead broke" and "not really well off" comments.  That is where I can agree that she, along with many other politicians have lost touch with the average american.

True story.

My grandmother and uncle came to visit me a few years back.  Their journey led them to an airport in Houston where they had a connecting flight.  They had to board the aircraft in an unusual way, and had to pass through the first class section.  My grandmother described it as kind of surprising when she was going through the first class section, and there sat former President Bush and Barbara Bush.  It's kind of hard to describe how she told the story, but it was kind of funny.  My grandmother and my uncle are both life-long, die-hard democrats.
Quote:Adam just makes broad assumptions about everyone else without really ever giving any observations himself.

I hope you noticed the terrific insight and political wisdom exhibited in the posts that followed yours. Is that the kind of "observations" you're looking for?

Yeah, this is the place to come for reasoned debate.
Quote:I hope you noticed the terrific insight and political wisdom exhibited in the posts that followed yours. Is that the kind of "observations" you're looking for?

Yeah, this is the place to come for reasoned debate.

This forms been open for weeks, like I said you come here just to troll others I can recall maybe one post you've actually discussed a view point of your own.

But is fine you might not have the policitical will to forge your own thoughts outside the establishment talking points. I'd just simply encourage you to keep an open mind as you read others thoughts and maybe it'll stimulate you enough to develop your own opinions.
Quote:This forms been open for weeks, like I said you come here just to troll others I can recall maybe one post you've actually discussed a view point of your own.

But is fine you might not have the policitical will to forge your own thoughts outside the establishment talking points. I'd just simply encourage you to keep an open mind as you read others thoughts and maybe it'll stimulate you enough to develop your own opinions.

Eric, buddy, I don't think you get it. No one cares.

I have no idea why a Politics section was added (and it's not politics, it's political theory, if it can be called that) but we got just what you'd expect - a lot of anti-Obama stuff (shocking, here in North Florida) a lot of "you're a liberal!" from TMD, a lot of "You're a leftist" or You're a lib!" from FBT and ten pages of you and whomever doing your "Yes you did!" "No I didn't!" about the militarization of the police. (And for what it's worth I think you're correct.)

Do you really think you or any other poster is going to convince any of the ten others on a football site the correctness of their views? You spend an awful lot of time (how much meth do you take?) writing theological missives from your city on a hill, bemoaning the fact that we're no longer in the 1880s - but I don't think anyone is seeing the light. I come to this site for entertainment, and most of Politics is real boring. And you think it's cool to assert that others don't have "the political will to forge your own thoughts ...." And I bet you actually believe that. You know what I believe? That you don't have the guts to take a chance on someone who might actually have a chance to win. Who may have to implement policies and suffer criticism. No, it's so much easier to be one of The Pure, to be one of the Chosen, writing about the Trilateral Commission (or whomever you've selected to the the 21st century's bogey-man).

And Eric- I've yet to see these original ideas of which you speak. Enlighten us of what you've come up with on your own, 'cause I'm not seeing it. I'll continue to check out this section, as sometimes it does provide entertainment (FBT's middle-age white man's rage routine is usually good for a chuckle or two) and I'll even throw in a comment or opinion or two, if that's ok by you. 

Sorry for the length. I know I'ver taken time away from your obscure and arcane links that you so love. I'll continue to wallow in my ignorance.
Quote:Eric, buddy, I don't think you get it. No one cares.

I have no idea why a Politics section was added (and it's not politics, it's political theory, if it can be called that) but we got just what you'd expect - a lot of anti-Obama stuff (shocking, here in North Florida) a lot of "you're a liberal!" from TMD, a lot of "You're a leftist" or You're a lib!" from FBT and ten pages of you and whomever doing your "Yes you did!" "No I didn't!" about the militarization of the police. (And for what it's worth I think you're correct.)

Do you really think you or any other poster is going to convince any of the ten others on a football site the correctness of their views? You spend an awful lot of time (how much meth do you take?) writing theological missives from your city on a hill, bemoaning the fact that we're no longer in the 1880s - but I don't think anyone is seeing the light. I come to this site for entertainment, and most of Politics is real boring. And you think it's cool to assert that others don't have "the political will to forge your own thoughts ...." And I bet you actually believe that. You know what I believe? That you don't have the guts to take a chance on someone who might actually have a chance to win. Who may have to implement policies and suffer criticism. No, it's so much easier to be one of The Pure, to be one of the Chosen, writing about the Trilateral Commission (or whomever you've selected to the the 21st century's bogey-man).

And Eric- I've yet to see these original ideas of which you speak. Enlighten us of what you've come up with on your own, 'cause I'm not seeing it. I'll continue to check out this section, as sometimes it does provide entertainment (FBT's middle-age white man's rage routine is usually good for a chuckle or two) and I'll even throw in a comment or opinion or two, if that's ok by you. 

Sorry for the length. I know I'ver taken time away from your obscure and arcane links that you so love. I'll continue to wallow in my ignorance.

longest troll post ever, congrats.
Quote:Eric, buddy, I don't think you get it. No one cares.

You're an ageist and a racist.

You don't have to change someone's mind for discussion to be warranted.  

In fact, it is often by arguing with those who disagree with you that you learn ways to improve your own arguments.  And that you see your own side from a new point of view.

Pages: 1 2 3 4