Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs. Lions preseason week 3 news and talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jacksonville Jaguars ‏@<b>Jaguars</b> 6h

CS3 is expected to return to practice this week & could play Friday.

Calvin Johnson expected to play vs. Jags next Fri.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140816/SP...nson-lions

Dekoda Watson also expected to play next week in Det.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=920908-...-next-game

All

Good things. I'm excited about Watson
Dwayne Gratz has a chance to gain some confidence this week if he can keep Megatron in check for the few plays he covers him..

It will be another big test for our pass rush, secondary, and oline.

I think our WR with Shorts back can have a field day against Det. secondary if our oline plays decent.

I'm interested to see who will be coming in after Todman as the third guy. I also have my eyes on Brown, Hurns, and Taylor. They are in a nice battle right now.

The only real way to stop "Megatron". Create a nightmare for the passer. 

The Poz to return to also..

Quote:The Poz to return to also..
With the return of Poz and Watson our LB core will be much better
Quote:With the return of Poz and Watson our LB core will be much better

Watson is still a work in progress at this point.

Quote:Watson is still a work in progress at this point.
I think with his speed it could add something too our pass rush though.
Quote:Watson is still a work in progress at this point.
Yes, most players on our defense are.  Did someone say he was maxed out or something?
For those of you that like to follow former Jaguars players,  this is a game to circle.   The following former Jaguars are currently on the Lions roster:

CB Rashean Mathis

DT C.J. Mosley

FB-RB Montell Owens

S Don Carey

LB Julian Stanford

This doesn't even factor in the former Jaguars coaching and Front Office connections with the Lions.
Quote:For those of you that like to follow former Jaguars players, this is a game to circle. The following former Jaguars are currently on the Lions roster:

CB Rashean Mathis

DT C.J. Mosley

FB-RB Montell Owens

S Don Carey

LB Julian Stanford

This doesn't even factor in the former Jaguars coaching and Front Office connections with the Lions.

I was always intrigued by Julian Stanford's raw physical tools. How has he looked? Will he make the final roster?
Quote:I was always intrigued by Julian Stanford's raw physical tools. How has he looked? Will he make the final roster?

Julian Stanford has an uphill battle to be on the Lions 53 man roster but he's probably currently 7th or 8th in the Lions LB pecking order.

Stephen Tulloch,  DeAndre Levy,  and Rookie 2nd Round pick Kyle Van Noy are locks,  barring an unexpected major injury.   Van Noy is still on the 2nd team.   Last year's starter,  Ashlee Palmer,  is ahead of him,  but Van Noy has more potential and versatility.   Palmer likely will stick even though he doesn't start because he's an outstanding Special Teams player.   However,  the one thing that could hurt Palmer is his contract is high for a backup.    Tahir Whitehead,  last year's Lions Special Teams player of the year,  is improving at LB,  and likely will be the # 5 LB.    If the Lions keep 6 LB's,  Travis Lewis probably has the inside track.   However,  Julian Stanford and Brandon Hepburn have a shot.   Special Teams likely will determine whether the Lions keep a 6th or maybe even a 7th LB.    Lewis,  Stanford, and Hepburn are not only competing against each other but are competing against players at other positions.   Including Montell Owens.

Stanford caught my attention on a couple of plays last night.   He didn't play until either the latter 3rd QTR or sometime in the 4th QTR.   He has good movement skills.   Personally,  if the Lions keep 6 LB's,  I prefer Stanford over Lewis or Hepburn because he seems to have more upside potential.

There's actually a 6th former Jags player that's currently with the Lions:  CB Drayton Florence,  who was signed earlier this month.  Florence got into game action in Oakland and much like in his first stint with the Lions in 2012 against the Colts that landed him in Jim Schwartz'  doghouse for the remainder of that season,  he appeared to have blown a coverage assignment.    Unless Florence steps up in a big way in the next 11 days,  he likely will be cut.
It'll be interesting to see who starts this game at the Center position.
Quote:  Julian Stanford has an uphill battle to be on the Lions 53 man roster but he's probably currently 7th or 8th in the Lions LB pecking order.

Stephen Tulloch,  DeAndre Levy,  and Rookie 2nd Round pick Kyle Van Noy are locks,  barring an unexpected major injury.   Van Noy is still on the 2nd team.   Last year's starter,  Ashlee Palmer,  is ahead of him,  but Van Noy has more potential and versatility.   Palmer likely will stick even though he doesn't start because he's an outstanding Special Teams player.   However,  the one thing that could hurt Palmer is his contract is high for a backup.    Tahir Whitehead,  last year's Lions Special Teams player of the year,  is improving at LB,  and likely will be the # 5 LB.    If the Lions keep 6 LB's,  Travis Lewis probably has the inside track.   However,  Julian Stanford and Brandon Hepburn have a shot.   Special Teams likely will determine whether the Lions keep a 6th or maybe even a 7th LB.    Lewis,  Stanford, and Hepburn are not only competing against each other but are competing against players at other positions.   Including Montell Owens.

Stanford caught my attention on a couple of plays last night.   He didn't play until either the latter 3rd QTR or sometime in the 4th QTR.   He has good movement skills.   Personally,  if the Lions keep 6 LB's,  I prefer Stanford over Lewis or Hepburn because he seems to have more upside potential.

There's actually a 6th former Jags player that's currently with the Lions:  CB Drayton Florence,  who was signed earlier this month.  Florence got into game action in Oakland and much like in his first stint with the Lions in 2012 against the Colts that landed him in Jim Schwartz'  doghouse for the remainder of that season,  he appeared to have blown a coverage assignment.    Unless Florence steps up in a big way in the next 11 days,  he likely will be cut.

Haha, D-Flo sucked pretty much everywhere he played. He got burnt all the time. 
Quote:Yes, most players on our defense are.  Did someone say he was maxed out or something?

My point was that he wasn't a regular starter for the Bucs, and hasn't played for the Jags yet. He's still pretty much an unknown. To claim he will upgrade the team is just a guess at this point.

Quote:My point was that he wasn't a regular starter for the Bucs, and hasn't played for the Jags yet. He's still pretty much an unknown. To claim he will upgrade the team is just a guess at this point.
. You could make that argument about half the jaguars signees this offseason.
Quote:Dwayne Gratz has a chance to gain some confidence this week if he can keep Megatron in check for the few plays he covers him..
I doubt that he can. That's not a knock on Gratz but Megatron is pretty special.
Quote:  Julian Stanford has an uphill battle to be on the Lions 53 man roster but he's probably currently 7th or 8th in the Lions LB pecking order.

I think you are awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3