Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Very Curious about oppressing someone's voice.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ealier today I posted a topic with a video with the title African American wrongly arrested during protest.

It was taken down or not even modified without warning.

If a mod can provide a explanation here or in private I would greatly appericate it.
Why do you assume someone is oppressing your voice?

The video contained multiple instances of profanity, enough to make it inappropriate for this message board.

"oppressing"

lol

Quote:Why do you assume someone is oppressing your voice?

The video contained multiple instances of profanity, enough to make it inappropriate for this message board.

Im confused.

I listened to the same video about 3 times, and didnt hear any instances of profanity.

If it was laced with profane language, I would have thought YouTube would have flagged the video as inappropriate for younger viewers.
Quote:Im confused.

I listened to the same video about 3 times, and didnt hear any instances of profanity.

If it was laced with profane language, I would have thought YouTube would have flagged the video as inappropriate for younger viewers.
If you didn't hear any profanity in that video, you need to have your hearing checked. It literally starts 3 seconds into the video and is peppered in throughout.
Hey look, playing the victim card about not being able to play the victim card.
Quote:Im confused.

YouTube can't monitor everything that is uploaded to them. It's reliant upon the community flagging it as inappropriate. Beyond that, language itself isn't a valid reason for flagging on YouTube. It could perhaps fall into the category of "Violent or repulsive content" or "hateful or abusive content" but that would require context to the profanity rather than just profanity itself. Even then though, the community on YouTube isn't exactly one that cares enough to keep it clean.

I haven't seen the video in question so I can't make my own judgment, but profanity definitely is not a guarantee to be flagged.
If it's the video I think it was, then yeah it had profanity in it.  At least twice.

Quote:Hey look, playing the victim card about not being able to play the victim card.

You sure are quick to assume the wrong thing.
Quote:If you didn't hear any profanity in that video, you need to have your hearing checked. It literally starts 3 seconds into the video and is peppered in throughout.

Can I post a transcript of the story then?
Quote:Can I post a transcript of the story then?
As long as there's no inappropriate content, we don't care.  But, based on your ability to filter what you posted previously, then said you didn't hear anything inappropriate, you might want to have someone proofread it for you first. 
Quote:As long as there's no inappropriate content, we don't care.  But, based on your ability to filter what you posted previously, then said you didn't hear anything inappropriate, you might want to have someone proofread it for you first. 

That's a good idea.

I might let you proofread it. Just be aware that it may not agree with your line of thinking.
Quote:You sure are quick to assume the wrong thing.

You sure are quick to deny playing the victim card in a thread that is obviously playing the victim card.
Quote:You sure are quick to deny playing the victim card in a thread that is obviously playing the victim card.

Do you have anymore incorrect assumptions you want to throw out there?
Quote:That's a good idea.

I might let you proofread it. Just be aware that it may not agree with your line of thinking.
You have no idea what my line of thinking is on this issue.  I saw the video, and I do have an opinion. 
Quote:You have no idea what my line of thinking is on this issue.  I saw the video, and I do have an opinion. 

Trust me, I know your way of thinking.

It's written all over this political forum. 
Quote:You sure are quick to deny playing the victim card in a thread that is obviously playing the victim card.

Quote:Do you have anymore incorrect assumptions you want to throw out there?

Quote:You have no idea what my line of thinking is on this issue.  I saw the video, and I do have an opinion. 

Quote:Trust me, I know your way of thinking.

That's gold right there.  You know what they say about the word assume: Only JFC makes the correct one.
Quote:Trust me, I know your way of thinking.

Trust me.  You haven't a clue.  That's written all over this forum as well.  But, it's okay.  You're more than welcome to stereotype as you see fit.  It's okay if you're on the left to do just that.  Otherwise, it's deemed something I believe the term libs like you love to lob out there rhymes with facist.   It's like an instinctual reaction, even if you're completely wrong. 

Don't assume you have even a remote clue what I'm thinking.  Unless I say it, you don't have any idea. 

Quote:That's gold right there.  You know what they say about the word assume: Only JFC makes the correct one.

Isn't that the way lefties operate?  Jumping to conclusions is just the nature of things where they're concerned. 

Quote:Trust me.  You haven't a clue.  That's written all over this forum as well.  But, it's okay.  You're more than welcome to stereotype as you see fit.  It's okay if you're on the left to do just that.  Otherwise, it's deemed something I believe the term libs like you love to lob out there rhymes with facist.   It's like an instinctual reaction, even if you're completely wrong. 

Don't assume you have even a remote clue what I'm thinking.  Unless I say it, you don't have any idea. 

Quote:Isn't that the way lefties operate?  Jumping to conclusions is just the nature of things where they're concerned. 

I find it very interesting that you complain about "lefties" stereotyping, while simultaneously doing the exact same thing. You do so more than anyone else I've seen on this board, as a matter of fact.
Pages: 1 2