Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DRob is quietly having a good pre-season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Per rotoworld:

Quote:Shoelace rushes six times for 34 yards

Denard Robinson | JAC

(August 14, 2014 11:11 PM EDT)

Denard Robinson rushed six times for 34 yards in Thursday's preseason game against the Bears.

Through two preseason games, Robinson now has 13 carries for 70 yards (5.38 YPC) and a touchdown. Like he did in the Jags' preseason opener, Shoelace operated as the third-team back, but this time he was ahead of rookie Storm Johnson. The converted quarterback looked very slippery around the edge, reeling off runs of 12 and nine yards. He looked considerably better than Jordan Todman, who had No. 2 duties all to himself. At the very least, Robinson has put himself in the conversation to serve as Jax's COP back. He's a more-talented player than Todman.
He should move up the depth chart

Very impressed with Denard.  Surprisingly a pretty hard runner for a guy who is still in the process of learning how to become a NFL running back. 

Rooting for him hard.  There is no way he doesn't make the squad. 

Agree. He has looked pretty solid this preseason.

It looks like:

1. Gerhart

2. Robinson

3. Johnson

4. Todman

at this point. 3 and 4 are close, and far behind 1 and 2. If the Jags keep only 3 RBs Todman could be the odd man out. I'd like to see all four gets multiple carries with the first team offense.

I don't see why they can't keep all four.

Quote:I don't see why they can't keep all four.

10 defensive linemen.

Quote:Very impressed with Denard. Surprisingly a pretty hard runner for a guy who is still in the process of learning how to become a NFL running back.

Rooting for him hard. There is no way he doesn't make the squad.
he ran hard last preseason but it just didnt translate to the regular season.
Why is it so hard for people to realize Todman is the clear guy at backup right now? That should have been obvious tonight. D-Rob is pushing him with Johnson looking like Johnson which is average. If they keep only 3 guys Storm is the odd man out and should be. He is clearly the least talented of the group.

Quote:Why is it so hard for people to realize Todman is the clear guy at backup right now? That should have been obvious tonight. D-Rob is pushing him with Johnson looking like Johnson which is average. If they keep only 3 guys Storm is the odd man out and should be. He is clearly the least talented of the group.
because Todman is not a lock especially since he was not picked by this regime.
I think as of right now the depth chart is

1. Gerhart

2. Todman

3. D-Rob

4. Johnson

Todman got the carries after Gerhart left the game and worked with the ones. He also started the first game when Gerhart was out if I'm correct?

I think the battle is for the last RB spot. Personally, D-Rob has impressed me more than Storm but they still have two games to play. If the Jags like Storm enough they can elect to keep all four guys.
Still not a big todman fan and think Robinson should have got his reps but I do feel like we might keep all 4
I kinda feel like Robinson gets some first team reps next week
Really haven't been a big Robinson proponent, but I thought he looked really good last night.
Quote:It looks like:

1. Gerhart

2. Robinson

3. Johnson

4. Todman

at this point. 3 and 4 are close, and far behind 1 and 2. If the Jags keep only 3 RBs Todman could be the odd man out. I'd like to see all four gets multiple carries with the first team offense.

Completely agree.

While I have never been much of a Todman, guy, I expected a little more from him.

Perhaps his success at the end of last year was more the result of fresher legs rather than innate talent.
The DR. Shoelace had many opportunities since being drafted more than most and I'm still not impressed.  I want to see more in this coming week's performance, maybe give him a shot with the 1st team?

Robinson really took a step forward last night.  He showed a nice burst, and some pretty tough running last night.  Granted, it was against the 3rd teamers, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he looks much improved over last year.  He's decisive, he's hitting the gaps quickly, and he has the speed to get to the corner on the stretch plays.  If he was on the bubble ever if at all, I think he's safe now.

Drob is not moving up my depth chart. He's doing this against third stringers. Put him with the first team and he'll suffer from the poor blocking. That might ultimately hurt him in the long run. Todman has looked fair superior imo.
Quote:Drob is not moving up my depth chart. He's doing this against third stringers. Put him with the first team and he'll suffer from the poor blocking. That might ultimately hurt him in the long run. Todman has looked fair superior imo.
You think the blocking from the 3rd team was better? 
I'm not sure four running backs make the final 53. As of now, I'd go with Ger<3, Storm, and Denard. A starter, a rookie with some upside, and a second year guy who is a breathtaking athlete.

Pages: 1 2 3 4