Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LOL Mariah Carey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We were all laughing at this last night. Good, I can't stand her. 

Quote:We were all laughing at this last night. Good, I can't stand her.

She definitely isn't the most likable of people, is she?
She gives off this arrogance and entitlement that I despise. It couldn't happen to a more despicable person. 

Quote:She gives off this arrogance and entitlement that I despise. It couldn't happen to a more despicable person. 

This is exactly what I was going to say. She thinks her stuff don't stink. 
I just happen to know who she is because she's hot.  I am not and never have been into teeny bopper music.

Quote:The queen is surrounded by idiots.

LMBO!  What time does the ball drop in NYC on New Year's Eve?
Without wishing to come across as a Mariah Carey fan; her in-ear monitor went down, so not only could she not hear herself, she couldn't hear the backing track or any of the instruments. At that point it's basically impossible to sing properly on a stage like that. 

Quote:Without wishing to come across as a Mariah Carey fan; her in-ear monitor went down, so not only could she not hear herself, she couldn't hear the backing track or any of the instruments. At that point it's basically impossible to sing properly on a stage like that.

Well, it was a lip syncing gig, so she doesn't need to hear herself, obviously. And if everyone in Times Square can hear the track, so can she. Maybe not ideal, but many performers faired countless times better than she in similar circumstances.
Quote:Well, it was a lip syncing gig, so she doesn't need to hear herself, obviously. And if everyone in Times Square can hear the track, so can she. Maybe not ideal, but many performers faired countless times better than she in similar circumstances.

How do you lip sync without vocals?
Quote:How do you lip sync without vocals?

I don't understand your question. There were vocals.
Quote:Well, it was a lip syncing gig, so she doesn't need to hear herself, obviously. And if everyone in Times Square can hear the track, so can she. Maybe not ideal, but many performers faired countless times better than she in similar circumstances.

I didn't bother watching the whole thing but listened to the middle for a minute to hear what folks were going on about. When she got to the "got me feeling emotion" song, the track had no main melody vocal for the verses or the meat of the choruses. Just background harmony and the high parts of the chorus were doubled to safety net her.   So she was supposed to be performing at least those bits live.  Instead she was talking to the crowd semi-apologetically about the lack of monitors. 

If I had to guess - I'd say she would have powered through and sang anyway despite her IEMs malfunctioning or being on the wrong bus -- but she did seem a bit too inebriated to carry out the choreography --  so I'm guessing that was the greater issue.  Inebriation. 

Who knows though...  Just my guess. 

Quote:I didn't bother watching the whole thing but listened to the middle for a minute to hear what folks were going on about. When she got to the "got me feeling emotion" song, the track had no main melody vocal for the verses or the meat of the choruses. Just background harmony and the high parts of the chorus were doubled to safety net her.   So she was supposed to be performing at least those bits live.  Instead she was talking to the crowd semi-apologetically about the lack of monitors. 

If I had to guess - I'd say she would have powered through and sang anyway despite her IEMs malfunctioning or being on the wrong bus -- but she did seem a bit too inebriated to carry out the choreography --  so I'm guessing that was the greater issue.  Inebriation. 

Who knows though...  Just my guess.

Yes, I agree. She was definitely lit and that was the major contributor to the poor performance.
I hate seeing old woman gut, gunt
Quote:Yes, I agree. She was definitely lit and that was the major contributor to the poor performance.

I'd still hit it but I wouldn't tell her my real name, even if she was too smashed to remember it anyway.
Quote:I don't understand your question. There were vocals.

Not sure what you watched.  The video says she got caught lip syncing, but it was the opposite of that.  There was nothing to lip sync to.  She either thought there would be vocals to lip sync to and refused to sing live, or she got completely screwed and could hear the music but not her own voice.    My guess is she got completely screwed.  Her only mistake was thinking the sound guys would fix the problem during the performance.
Quote:Not sure what you watched.  The video says she got caught lip syncing, but it was the opposite of that.  There was nothing to lip sync to.  She either thought there would be vocals to lip sync to and refused to sing live, or she got completely screwed and could hear the music but not her own voice.    My guess is she got completely screwed.  Her only mistake was thinking the sound guys would fix the problem during the performance.

I didn't see the entire thing, but the part I saw had a clear vocal melody to which she was lip syncing, then she stopped and the vocal continued. It was plain as day.
Quote:I didn't see the entire thing, but the part I saw had a clear vocal melody to which she was lip syncing, then she stopped and the vocal continued. It was plain as day.

If you didn't watch the song "Emotions" then you didn't see the part everyone is talking about.  And if you saw that part, you likely didn't recognize the song very much, because the vocals for the song aren't there, just the music and backing vocals, and Mariah awkwardly talking to the crowd about something being missing.  
Quote:If you didn't watch the song "Emotions" then you didn't see the part everyone is talking about.  And if you saw that part, you likely didn't recognize the song very much, because the vocals for the song aren't there, just the music and backing vocals, and Mariah awkwardly talking to the crowd about something being missing.

Perhaps, and I think NYC4jags covered that. But I know for a fact she was lip syncing a melody line at some point. Poorly, might I add. Whatever the case, it was a crap performance regardless of any technical difficulties.
Pages: 1 2