Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Looks like Tony was doing some racing at a dirt track and unfortunately after and incident on track the 20 year old driving walking on track to confront him was hit by Tony.  It has been announced the kid has died from his injuries.  There was a youtube video of the wreck but it has already been removed.

And from the looks of the video Tony could have a lot of explaining to do.

I saw the video.  It's pretty crazy.  It sounds like he hit the gas. It looks like he's going pretty fast.  The other guy shouldn't have left the vehicle.  That was pretty dumb.  

This probably going to big time.  He's probably not going to be very popular.

How sad. Knowing Stewart's personality, it looks like he was trying to escalate the anger by spraying dirt on the other driver but misjudged the distance. Regardless of the police investigation, Stewart is going to be sued to hell. This is not good for his NASCAR image and could possibly result in loss of sponsorship and endorsement deals. Bad juju all around.
This could be a criminal investigation, it looks as if Stewart hit the throttle and hit him on purpose.
Quote:This could be a criminal investigation, it looks as if Stewart hit the throttle and hit him on purpose.

He obviously hit the throttle but I highly doubt he meant to hit him on purpose.  As I said, it looks as if he was attempting to taunt the angry driver and misjudged the distance.
Haven't seen it but, even if he didn't mean to it's still manslaughter at the very least.
Smoked the kid.
Crazy all around. It does appear Stewart veered uptrack, even if only slightly. The guy who got out of the truck to confront Stewart who was in a moving, fast, vehicle....not the brightest decision.

It's going to be hard to prove that he hit him on purpose, even if he did. I'd like to hope that isn't what happened.

The thing is, going that fast and how dark it is on the track, by the time he saw the driver, my guess is that tony would have been putting himself in danger if he swerved.
Quote:It's going to be hard to prove that he hit him on purpose, even if he did. I'd like to hope that isn't what happened.

The thing is, going that fast and how dark it is on the track, by the time he saw the driver, my guess is that tony would have been putting himself in danger if he swerved.
I believe that too. Going to be very hard.
I see what you did there Ringo

Quote:This could be a criminal investigation, it looks as if Stewart hit the throttle and hit him on purpose.

Quote:He obviously hit the throttle but I highly doubt he meant to hit him on purpose.  As I said, it looks as if he was attempting to taunt the angry driver and misjudged the distance.

I agree with homebiscuit. I find it hard to believe that he would essentially hit a pedestrian intentionally with his motor vehicle, I mean he's not an idiot....or at least not to that level of idiot....I think its likely something very close to what the above summized - Tony probably tried to get as close as possible to spray the guy with dirt or something, and on a dirt track the back end can get loose in full throttle starts and it unintentionally swerved too much and clipped the guy fatally. 

Either way, Terrible judgment from Stewart and he deserves all he gets from this outcome, and the other driver wasn't exactly doing a smart thing either walking towards the car....I guess being under a yellow flag he "assumed" he'd be safe with the mandatory slow speed of the cars at that point. 
Quote:I mean he's not an idiot....

I completely disagree.  Stewart's an idiot.  And a punk with an incredible case of short man's syndrome that apparently can't control a race car nearly as well as his inflated ego thought he could.

His apologists will say "that's racing."  No guys, that's manslaughter.

I hope Kevin Ward's family bankrupts the jerk.
Quote:I see what you did there Ringo

Smile
Quote:I completely disagree.  Stewart's an idiot.  And a punk with an incredible case of short man's syndrome that apparently can't control a race car nearly as well as his inflated ego thought he could.

His apologists will say "that's racing."  No guys, that's manslaughter.

I hope Kevin Ward's family bankrupts the jerk.

I love how you leave out the rest of my post, (intentionally of course), where context was given and I basically agreed with Stewart deserving all that he gets (punishment wise) out of this. 

Stewart is a well known "hot head", and based on some stories, "hot head" is putting it nicely. "Hot Heads" and big fast things don't seem to mix.

He should be done.  Inexcusable.

Try to forget the criminal charges he could face for a second.

This is probably the end of his Sprint car career. What sponsor would want any part of him?

Stewart needs to spend the week divesting himself of all his business assets.

The family of the driver he killed will hit him with a wrongful death suit in the tens of millions.

He's done.

Quote:I love how you leave out the rest of my post, (intentionally of course), where context was given and I basically agreed with Stewart deserving all that he gets (punishment wise) out of this. 
Wasn't downplaying your post, just taking it up a notch.

Didn't mean to imply you were one of his apologists, but they're out there.

A sad irony of this is that Kevin Ward was imitating behavior that Tony Stewart made popular. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8Jyuryc_s
Quote:Wasn't downplaying your post, just taking it up a notch.

Didn't mean to imply you were one of his apologists, but they're out there.

A sad irony of this is that Kevin Ward was imitating behavior that Tony Stewart made popular. 

He throws like a girl.
Pages: 1 2 3 4