Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Denard Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I didn't get to watch the game, but Denard's stat line looks pretty nice. 7 carries, 36 yards 5.1 ypc and 1 TD. Is he looking like the #2 back? Did he look any bigger/stronger than last season?

23 yards of that was an end around where he blew everyone away with his speed for a TD.

No turnovers and showed that flash of what he did in college.

His 6 other carries were blah. Didn't really appear bigger or stronger.

Very average outside that TD run. It saved him from a completely mediocre performance

He does show a nice burst of speed on the edge, but what else?

Perhaps so, but if Denard only shows a burst of speed to the outside, what is it exactly that Todman shows us? More reliability when it come to holding on to the ball, but if Denard can fix that, I don't see why he wouldn't be the better option.

Every back looked mediocre behind our line. With that said Denard's burst was an amazing play considering all the 1-2 yard struggles. In my eyes no one really separated themselves as a front runner.

Amazing what having complete feeling and control in your hands will do for production and stats.

Well he made a play and held onto the ball and finished the touchdown so that's a step better then last year. I'd like to see him continue to work next week.
Quote:Perhaps so, but if Denard only shows a burst of speed to the outside, what is it exactly that Todman shows us? More reliability when it come to holding on to the ball, but if Denard can fix that, I don't see why he wouldn't be the better option.
Todman has some outside ability and some inside vision. He's twice the player
That's how it is for running backs. They have a bunch of 1-2  yard runs and then bust out a big one.

Quote:Todman has some outside ability and some inside vision. He's twice the player

I think Brian Sexton actually said Denard has more inside ability than Todman, according to people inside the building.
I think he hits the hole hard. I thought Storm hesitated too much and Toddman was ok.
I thought every back had some issues last night.  Denard showed off his speed on his touchdown. Expect more out of the running backs as we inch closer to the season.

"Outside of his 20 yard TD run..."

lol
Quote:Todman has some outside ability and some inside vision. He's twice the player

You do realize that Denard mastered the read-option at Michigan because of how great his vision is, right?
Quote:"Outside of his 20 yard TD run..."

lol

If we take away all of Blake's completions, then he didn't look too hot.
The TD run was great - you can't coach that kind of speed.  He coasted into the endzone.  So far, so good. 

Yeh that one play against 3rd string Defense DRob looked amazinf
Well, he's also our 3rd string RB so what's your point? He can be a change of pace kind of RB. He showed some positive signs today which is a good thing
Quote:I think he hits the hole hard. I thought Storm hesitated too much and Toddman was ok.
Storm Johnson looked like a guy out there trying to utilize speed and agility he doesn't have.

He was making good reads but he has to realize he's a big kid out there. Lower your shoulder and plow over these tiny DBs and get that extra yard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4