Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs Bucs Preseason Game 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What are you looking for? A lot has been made about TB's questions on the interior of the O line. I expect our DTs should be able to get pressure. The Bucs have talented WRs in VJax and the rookie Evans. Our secondary should get a good test. Of course I want to also see what kind of holes we can open in our running game too.
I just wanna see Bortles
Bortles, Lee, Gerhart and Joeckel. Pressure from the D-Line and I'm gonna keep an eye on Telvin Smith.
I don't know if Gerhart is even going to play.

I would say all the draft picks but especially Bortles and Lee. I also want to see some of the young veterans guys that have stood out in camp like Ryan Davis, Jacques McClendon and Mike Brown.

I'm prepared for a pretty bland offense this year. I'd really like to see the defense knock some people around though. I haven't seen a good, physical, defense here in years.

I'm not sure if we'll get a gauge on that on Friday night though.
I want to see how the offense moves with Bortles in vs with Henne in.  I want to see what Lee and D-Rob can do.  I wanna see Telvin Smith.  And I wanna see McCray.

Well I honestly don't expect much offense on Friday night from both starting offenses. Tampa has a new Center,Left guard and I believe they released Ot Donald Penn earlier this offseason. Jags oline vConfused Tampa Dline could be interesting as well. Michael Johnson and Gerald MCcoy are pretty good. I'm not gonna be able to watch this game but be interested to see Jaguars.com coverage and read forums. Go Jaguars and let's stay healthy on Friday Knight.
OL and D-Rob.

WR: Hurns, Brown and Lee

T.Smith's speed.

I'd like to see pressure, some pass deflections, and no missed tackles on defense.  

I'd like to see no fumbles, limited drop passes, and no missed blocking assignments leading to a hard sack on offense.

At all units I'd like to see speed. 

Quote:I want to see how the offense moves with Bortles in vs with Henne in.  I want to see what Lee and D-Rob can do.  I wanna see Telvin Smith.  And I wanna see McCray.

It's going to be a bland offense, I doubt any comparison between how the two run their respective offensive units would be significant.
Quote:What are you looking for? A lot has been made about TB's questions on the interior of the O line. I expect our DTs should be able to get pressure. The Bucs have talented WRs in VJax and the rookie Evans. Our secondary should get a good test. Of course I want to also see what kind of holes we can open in our running game too.

I want to see our interior OL protect against McCoy...

Our secondary against Evans and Jackson...

Tevin Smith v. Austin sefarian-Jenkins

Bortles & Lee, naturally...

The run defense...

the video boards...
Quote:I don't know if Gerhart is even going to play.

I would say all the draft picks but especially Bortles and Lee. I also want to see some of the young veterans guys that have stood out in camp like Ryan Davis, Jacques McClendon and Mike Brown.
I think Bradley said they wanted him to get 5 plays at least. I hope they give Bortles a drive or two with Lee, Brown and Hurns.
I'd personally like to see bortles with the ones AGAINST ones for a couple drives. I think its important Bortles see what a first team defense can do and how bad they can dismantle a QB in todays league.

Everything. Jag ball is back!!

1010XL just reported Gus Bradley stated Gerhart will not play against Tampa.

Id rather see Storm Johnson and DRob anyway

Aaaaand Mike Brown is day to day with a hamstring so we probably won't see him Friday.
Bortles.

If Bortles is the real deal we'll be able to see it on the field to some degree even though he's a rookie supposedly not ready to start.

Other than that I'm not sure there will be much else we'll really be able to get a real idea of in the preseason.

Quote:Aaaaand Mike Brown is day to day with a hamstring so we probably won't see him Friday.

but training camp is such a cake walk these days.  how can this happen?  (sarcasm)
Quote:Id rather see Storm Johnson and DRob anyway

Agree
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5