Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Wayback Machine: Jaguars MB Edition, never not funny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't want to click on that link, do I?

I always love looking at these, how do you find these old threads from previous boards?

Quote:I don't want to click on that link, do I?

You should be ok...unless you're the Deacon that had a Kickstarter to build a statue of Reggie Williams after his 10 TD season of 2007. Is that you?
Quote:I always love looking at these, how do you find these old threads from previous boards?

The Wayback Machine. You can find all kinds of great stuff. I found some old terrible .tk sites I had in college. Awful to look at now.
I think you'll find a lot of fans went all in with Gene Smith, only to land flat in the ground crying on draft day...

Quote:I think you'll find a lot of fans went all in with Gene Smith, only to land flat in the ground crying on draft day...
I know Krayz certainly had a meltdown after the first Gene Smith draft. 
Quote:I think you'll find a lot of fans went all in with Gene Smith, only to land flat in the ground crying on draft day...

Well, after Shack Harris. Most Jags fans saw anything as an improvement. 

And Gene's 1st draft at the time, actually did seem very good. Hindsight may have proven otherwise, but initially many saw that draft as an A or B at the time. Now, later Gene drafts were equally seen as poor initially, and also later, lol. 
True this link (BleacherReport) had shown his draft grade to be a B http://bleacherreport.com/articles/38421...issed-made in 2010

and thats with 1st round 10th pick DT later DE Tyson Alualu, Round 3 7th pick DT D'Anthony Smith, traded round 4 pick 108 LB Kirk Morrison, & a 5th round pick, Round 5 143 pick, DE Larry Hart, Round 5 153 DE Austen Lane, Round 5 158 traded for 2011 4th round, Round 6 RB Deji Karim, Round 6 pick 203 RS Scott McGee.   After signing Tyson he felt he had to cut DT Big John Henderson

-----------------------------------------

Funny to look back and to think that many felt Gene Smith was rebuilding the team of the future for a decade of success only for us to now look back and think damn all those years of bad drafts...

Quote:Well, after Shack Harris. Most Jags fans saw anything as an improvement. 

And Gene's 1st draft at the time, actually did seem very good. Hindsight may have proven otherwise, but initially many saw that draft as an A or B at the time. Now, later Gene drafts were equally seen as poor initially, and also later, lol. 
Most people liked that first draft.  Unfortunately, the wheels fell off pretty quickly.
Gene and Co sold me hard....I really give it to Del Rio.  He actually did pretty well with little to no talent.  It's one of the reasons I wasn't for letting him go.  If he could have had a halfway decent GM, I think he could have done well.

Quote:I really give it to Del Rio.  He actually did pretty well with little to no talent.  It's one of the reasons I wasn't for letting him go.  If he could have had a halfway decent GM, I think he could have done well.

No he didn't. 

He rode Fred/ MoJo/ Jimmy (while here), Henderson/ Stroud/ Darius/ Mathis/ Hayward/ ect ect...to 1 playoff win. 

By the later seasons, when the talent was more sparse, The Jags record under Del Rio was poor. He's not good. 
Quote:No he didn't.

He rode Fred/ MoJo/ Jimmy (while here), Henderson/ Stroud/ Darius/ Mathis/ Hayward/ ect ect...to 1 playoff win.

By the later seasons, when the talent was more sparse, The Jags record under Del Rio was poor. He's not good.
So first you say he 'rode' certain players, half of which were brought in while he was here. Then you say he wasn't good when he had less talent here. Gee, he wasn't good when he had crappy players here. You're basically agreeing with him.

I don't think he's half as bad as what you're trying to portray. With the garbage that's been drafted here over the last ten years, I seriously doubt any coach would have been successful.
Quote:So first you say he 'rode' certain players, half of which were brought in while he was here. Then you say he wasn't good when he had less talent here. Gee, he wasn't good when he had crappy players here. You're basically agreeing with him.

I don't think he's half as bad as what you're trying to portray. With the garbage that's been drafted here over the last ten years, I seriously doubt any coach would have been successful.

Not to mention half the players he mentioned (Jimmy, Stroud, Hayward) weren't even in the 2007 playoff run.
Quote:So first you say he 'rode' certain players, half of which were brought in while he was here. Then you say he wasn't good when he had less talent here. Gee, he wasn't good when he had crappy players here. You're basically agreeing with him.

You are correct, but that angle didn't play well in the dog whimperer's agenda pushing dance regarding Del Rio. 
baloney. 

There is no "agenda". Del Rio simply isn't a good head coach and will likely never be successful at that position, anywhere. 

He's not good in management of people. He can get by in a lesser capacity, but he's simply not successful head coach material, despite odd continued support from a few on here. 

Ho-hum.
This was great, hilarious.  thanks for the post/link.

Quote:No he didn't. 

Do you read before posting?
Quote:Do you read before posting?

Yep. and the point he was making was that Del Rio did well per the talent he was given. I disagree with that premise. 

An example of a coach that TRULY has done a good job given the roster he was saddled with is Rex Ryan. 
Pages: 1 2