Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Comey Memo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Someone help me understand something here. What is this memo exactly? If Comey thought obstruction of justice occurred months ago and is just now bringing it up after being fired how exactly is that going to stick when he is questioned under oath?

Is Comey really prepared to commit career suicide in a failed attempt to slow down the Trump train?
Who knows. One thing is for sure, he can't get any Republicans to step up for him now because he pulled the rug out from under them the last two times they did. Like I said before, Trump is his own worst enemy. He's not a career politician so he quickly lets his mouth get him in trouble. Couple that with a hyper-predatory media and things quickly get out of hand. This will blow over eventually when it's determined it has no legal legs. The Donald just needs to learn to measure his words and never pass an opportunity to shut up. At this rate it won't be long before his staff starts jumping ship.
Quote:Who knows. One thing is for sure, he can't get any Republicans to step up for him now because he pulled the rug out from under them the last two times they did. Like I said before, Trump is his own worst enemy. He's not a career politician so he quickly lets his mouth get him in trouble. Couple that with a hyper-predatory media and things quickly get out of hand. This will blow over eventually when it's determined it has no legal legs. The Donald just needs to learn to measure his words and never pass an opportunity to shut up. At this rate it won't be long before his staff starts jumping ship.
Maybe he should heed the following quote....

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. -

Or tweet it...maybe the.. Comey better not have any recorded conversations...blah blah blah....started this piss storm.

I agree. He does plenty of this to himself. It's not just about not being a politician, but also his personality.
Quote:Someone help me understand something here. What is this memo exactly? If Comey thought obstruction of justice occurred months ago and is just now bringing it up after being fired how exactly is that going to stick when he is questioned under oath?

Is Comey really prepared to commit career suicide in a failed attempt to slow down the Trump train?

Memo's are placed in a secure area to establish facts and a timeline that all builds up to supporting your case in the event you need to recall the prior happenings of conversations and events.  As a Director of Contracts, I work with our Corporate Legal team on a daily basis and have repeatedly provided timelines and supporting documents to support disputes and claims.  In most cases, it's not that 1 event that brings someone down but rather a series of events that ultimately wins a case.

I watched a little bit of Fox News last night (The Five)  and it was so obvious that Brett Baier and Kimberly Guilfoyle really knew the legal system whereas Jesse Watters was shooting from the hip with his comments.  The educational level of Baier and Guilfoyle about our legal system compared to Watters was astonishing.
So It was ok for Obama to say Hillary Clinton did nothing wrong while under investigation from Comey? Little cry baby liberals.
Quote:Someone help me understand something here. What is this memo exactly? If Comey thought obstruction of justice occurred months ago and is just now bringing it up after being fired how exactly is that going to stick when he is questioned under oath?

Sounds like they are saying it's the firing that created the obstruction of justice and not the request.
Quote:Sounds like they are saying it's the firing that created the obstruction of justice and not the request.

That's the claim.

If the memo exists (yet to be produced), rather than just being a lie from a "Comey associate," then there's reason to suspect that the Comey firing was in response to his not ending the Flynn investigation (assuming there even was a Flynn investigation).

The two events could still be unrelated, and Comey did a lot of actual things that warranted a firing.

In any case there are a lot of connections to prove, and it's all just speculation at this point. Compare this to the NYT coverage of the IRS blacklisting of conservative groups, where actual proof existed, not just speculation.

Quote:Is Comey really prepared to commit career suicide in a failed attempt to slow down the Trump train?

Career Suicide?  Comey is an Attorney that got fired from his job in which he was appointed through 2023.

I'd imaging anything he does moving forward would only booster his career.

Slow down the Trump Train?   If it were going any slower, it would be going backward right now.
Quote:Sounds like they are saying it's the firing that created the obstruction of justice and not the request.

The investigation didn't stop because Comey was fired.

The obstruction claims are a moot point if the investigation hasn't been suspended, and there zero indication that's the case just like there's been zero evidence presented that rises to the level of the hyperbole of the left.

This is going to blow up in the faces of the opposition. It's going to be almost as entertaining to watch as what transpired back in November.
Quote:That's the claim.

If the memo exists (yet to be produced), rather than just being a lie from a "Comey associate," then there's reason to suspect that the Comey firing was in response to his not ending the Flynn investigation (assuming there even was a Flynn investigation).

The two events could still be unrelated, and Comey did a lot of actual things that warranted a firing.

In any case there are a lot of connections to prove, and it's all just speculation at this point. Compare this to the NYT coverage of the IRS blacklisting of conservative groups, where actual proof existed, not just speculation.

Congress needs to subpoena Comey and the FBI to obtain the memos before they mysteriously disappear. Context can't be gained from a NYT article sourced from someone reading a portion of this memo to the reporter over the phone.
Quote:This is going to blow up in the faces of the opposition. It's going to be almost as entertaining to watch as what transpired back in November.

He can't be successful if he doesn't have the support of the Republicans.

Seems few are willing to stand up to him. Some even openly mocking him.

username123

This is the latest left wing media story line.  Remember, just a couple of days ago it was RUSSIA!!! 

Now it's MEMO!!!

I was once told by someone that was into marketing and advertising that in order to be successful you just have to follow a simple equation.  ((What you say) x (how many times you say it)) x (Who you say it to) = success.  The left wing media is trying to follow this equation.

Ponder this for a bit.

January 23rd the Washington Post reports that Gen. Flynn was not the active target of an investigation.

The meeting regarding the "memo" happened a couple of weeks after that article where President Trump supposedly asked Comey to "stop the investigation of Flynn" as reported by the New York Times.

So here's the question.  Why would President Trump ask Comey to shut down a non-existent investigation?

Here's another question.  Why is the left wing media reporting on what the alleged "memo" says without actually viewing the alleged memo?  Why have no lawmakers seen the alleged memo?
Quote:So here's the question.  Why would President Trump ask Comey to shut down a non-existent investigation?

Because Trump is privy to information that is not given to the general public.
Quote:This is the latest left wing media story line.  Remember, just a couple of days ago it was RUSSIA!!!

Now it's MEMO!!!

I was once told by someone that was into marketing and advertising that in order to be successful you just have to follow a simple equation.  ((What you say) x (how many times you say it)) x (Who you say it to) = success.  The left wing media is trying to follow this equation.

Ponder this for a bit.

January 23rd the Washington Post reports that Gen. Flynn was not the active target of an investigation.

The meeting regarding the "memo" happened a couple of weeks after that article where President Trump supposedly asked Comey to "stop the investigation of Flynn" as reported by the New York Times.

So here's the question.  Why would President Trump ask Comey to shut down a non-existent investigation?

Here's another question.  Why is the left wing media reporting on what the alleged "memo" says without actually viewing the alleged memo?  Why have no lawmakers seen the alleged memo?

Lets also keep in mind this latest accusation gained steam right when the Seth Rich murder talk was gaining steam.

username123

Quote:Because Trump is privy to information that is not given to the general public.

Interesting how you didn't bother to answer my second question.  Never the less, let me ask you this question.

If President Trump is privy to information not given to the general public, how would a CNN reporter have information that is supposedly so secret and classified that they can't air it or report on it?  Isn't the most important part of the story HOW a member of the left wing media has obtained classified information?  Why does the left wing media report on a "memo" that neither they, nor lawmakers have ever seen?

username123

Quote:Lets also keep in mind this latest accusation gained steam right when the Seth Rich murder talk was gaining steam.

That's actually a small part of it but dully noted.  If the murder of Seth Rich was truly investigated, I would suspect that it wasn't just a "botched robbery" as claimed.

This latest "breaking news" and headlines are specifically targeted at President Trump, even though there is no merit or actual facts brought up.  Everything is from "unnamed sources" and supposedly backed by "evidence that they can't broadcast or reveal".

Media propaganda at it's finest.  As I said before.  ((what you say) x (how many times you say it)) x (who you say it to).
Quote:Congress needs to subpoena Comey and the FBI to obtain the memos before they mysteriously disappear. Context can't be gained from a NYT article sourced from someone reading a portion of this memo to the reporter over the phone.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly'>Phil Mattingly‏<span style="color:rgb(29,161,242);"><span style="font-size:1px;">Verified account</span> </span>@Phil_Mattingly</a>
<div>
<div> <span>Follow</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:27px;">Senate Judiciary Committee requests all Comey memos related to Pres. Trump *and* Pres. Obama, as well as Trump & Obama DOJ officials

<p class="" style="font-size:27px;"> 

<div style="margin-left:58px;">
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly'>Phil Mattingly‏<span style="color:rgb(29,161,242);"><span style="font-size:1px;">Verified account</span> </span>@Phil_Mattingly</a>
<div>
<div>Following
</div>

<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:27px;">Senate Judiciary also asks WH Counsel Don McGahn for any documents, recordings or memos related to conversations with Director Comey

</div>
Awesome that these fake accusations are now affecting the stock market. 

Quote:Awesome that these fake accusations are now affecting the stock market. 

Instability happens in the market when there are attempted coups.

Children care not what the collateral damage is.  They continue their fit until they get what they want, even if it's not in their best interest.

username123

Quote:Awesome that these fake accusations are now affecting the stock market. 

The market has been up and down for a while now.  Part of that is expected.  Once the fake news is deemed false, the market will resume "normal operations".
Pages: 1 2 3 4