Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jacques McClendon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the recent training camp highlights video, I noted a number of first team highlight plays had Jacques McClendon at center.  I chalked it up to the coaches just getting him cross-trained for a swing role.  However, it's interesting that today's training camp practice report stated that McClendon was getting significant first team reps at center today.  I wonder if the real competition with Brewster for the starting role is coming now from McClendon instead of Bowanko.  Hmmmmm....

Many have noted that Brewster has a playing strength issue.  McClendon set bench press records at UTenn and has put on another 20 pounds of muscle since being drafted in the 4th round in the 2010 draft.       

How/ when did we acquire McClendon?

McClendon has been splitting first team reps with Linder as well and has been doing a good job according to reports. It could be a case of the Jags just wanting to cross train him as a G/C or it could be a case of "this guy is good and we have to find a spot for him on the field".
McClendon was acquired off waivers (Atlanta) last September.  He's been a journeyman backup guard in his few years in the league thus far. 

Quote:McClendon was acquired off waivers (Atlanta) last September.  He's been a journeyman backup guard in his few years in the league thus far. 

I like his size and powah!  I thought we got a good waiver wire pickup with Jacques.
He played well at the end of last year after Brewster and Rackley went down.

Quote:He played well at the end of last year after Brewster and Rackley went down.

Not that it is a major accomplishment or anything, but I thought McClendon played waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than either Brewster or Rackley.

Brewster is legitimately horrible. I am not sure why they even line him up out there. He is the Chris Prosinkski of O-lineman. Dude couldn't stop a bull rush from me.
Quote:Not that it is a major accomplishment or anything, but I thought McClendon played waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than either Brewster or Rackley.

Brewster is legitimately horrible. I am not sure why they even line him up out there. He is the Chris Prosinkski of O-lineman. Dude couldn't stop a bull rush from me.

He's definitely meant to be a backup. McClendon beating him out would be a good thing.
Quote:Not that it is a major accomplishment or anything, but I thought McClendon played waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than either Brewster or Rackley.

Ouch!  :yucky: Laughing

You do realize that description of him is now burned in my mind?

Thanks HS.

I viewed Rackley in that vein..but now...
Thankfully the Rackley era is over.  He was BAD.

I just heard they have been looking at bowanko at RG too--don't know if that's true or not
Quote:Ouch! :yucky: Laughing

You do realize that description of him is now burned in my mind?

Thanks HS.

I viewed Rackley in that vein..but now...

Smile

Brewster would kick your [BLEEP], regardless of what you think of him. I'm new here, do mods generally bash players on this forum?
lol

I thought McClendon played well enough at right guard late last season to at least make it a competition. Glad to see him getting that chance, although at center.

Quote:Brewster would kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED], regardless of what you think of him. I'm new here, do mods generally bash players on this forum?

Yes. Feel free to leave.
Quote:Yes. Feel free to leave.
Always fun to have forum bullies, especially when it's a mod. Thanks for the warm greetings.
Quote:Brewster would kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED], regardless of what you think of him. I'm new here, do mods generally bash players on this forum?

Interestingly enough, there has been a direct correlation with our players getting cut right after our mods start bashing them.  I think the coaches read the board and realize that if our mods start bashing a player, it's time to go.

Personally speaking, I honestly thought both Brewster and Molk would make it in the NFL.  There was a really good rivalry between the 2 centers in college.  I'd like to see Brewster here another year and compete for a starting job.
Quote:Interestingly enough, there has been a direct correlation with our players getting cut right after our mods start bashing them.  I think the coaches read the board and realize that if our mods start bashing a player, it's time to go.

Personally speaking, I honestly thought both Brewster and Molk would make it in the NFL.  There was a really good rivalry between the 2 centers in college.  I'd like to see Brewster here another year and compete for a starting job.
From what I read, those two hate each other. Molk is really, really strong, but pretty short. He was drafted late by SD and waived last year. I think the Eagles signed him. Brewster seems to have added some bulk and strength over the off season, plus he's now playing a position he actually takes snaps in practice at. He took nearly every snap in practice last season at center, then was thrown in at guard. Give the guy a chance....
I think it's a 3-way competition between Linder, Brewster, and McClendon for starting C and RG
Pages: 1 2