Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best movies about politics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Non partisan film enjoyment.. since the political ban has been lifted and rapidly abused.

I will lead off with Bulworth, Dave, Wag the Dog and The Contender which was awesome.
'Clear and present danger' has been one of my favorite movies since I saw it with my dad when it was still in theaters years and years ago.
Yep, we need a politics section.
W.

Ninja
Quote:Non partisan film enjoyment.. since the political ban has been lifted and rapidly abused.

I will lead off with Bulworth, Dave, Wag the Dog and The Contender which was awesome.

Dave is a good one. I can't help but watch it every time I see it on television. Idk why
All the President's Men was also solid. Swing Vote... not so much.
Charlie Wilson's war is pretty good

The Devil's Own dealt with the IRA and was a semi-political movie I liked it.

The Manchurian Candidate. 

The original.  Not the Denzel version, although that one wasn't terrible. 

I've enjoyed homeland at least the first two seasons I saw
Protocol.. old school Goldie Hawn
The Candidate, starring Robert Redford

Seven Days in May, starring Burt Lancaster

The Best Man, starring Henry Fonda and Cliff Robertson
Quote:The Manchurian Candidate. 

The original.  Not the Denzel version, although that one wasn't terrible. 

I liked both, but considering the era in which the original was made, I prefer it.
The new show Tyrant. Guy who made Homeland makes Tyrant. Good story, interesting concept.

I just watched In The Loop --- English style humor - quick wit but the overall plot was somewhat out there.

lol ..... i just went to the end of this Politics Section to see what was being posted years ago .... 

The Campaign, with Will Ferrell.  That was really funny.  

The Best Man with Henry Fonda. 

Those are about political campaigns.  If we stretch the definition of "movies about politics" a little, I would add "Seven Days in May." 

Waaaait a minute.   I just scrolled up and found that I posted almost the exact same thing in 2014.   Amazing.  

I'm going to be watching Wag the Dog tonight.

Gotta suck it up and spend the $3.99

Get Out.
The Manchurian Candidate is the only one I can think of right now.  
The Killing Fields, the ideology of the Left in all its bloody glory.
Pages: 1 2