Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Linder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What were your thoughts on his move to Center? I think he did well and seemed natural at the position. I don't know that he was dominant there like he was at guard though. 

Would you prefer he continue working that position, which is a higher premium spot than guard, or draft a center and move him back?

Doubt he moves of center. 2nd most important position on the OL and he was very good with several different guys at LG and Cann who has struggled at times.
He needs to be put back at guard and we draft a center. Moving your best offensive linemen to a different position when the unit has struggles in run protection was a bad move.

Keep him at center, hes been fantastic there and guards are more in abundance than centers imo
It all depends on who we draft. If we are lucky enough to get Feeney, keep Linder at Center. If we land Elflein, Pocic or Orlovsky, move Linder back to Guard, but I would move him to RG and Cann to LG which was his natural position in college. He looked much more comfortable there.

Bust
Quote:Keep him at center, hes been fantastic there and guards are more in abundance than centers imo
Agreed.  Unless we're in a situation where a stud center falls to us in the draft and he can't play guard, no reason to switch Linder back.
Keep Linder at center. Sign Zeitler, resign Omahmeh, and let Cann, Shatley, and Omah battle out for LG and hopefully we draft a RT to compete with Parnell in the early rounds.
Between Cann, Shatley, and Omahmeh, one of them could be a good starter at LG
Should have signed Mack and kept Linder at guard.
Quote:Between Cann, Shatley, and Omahmeh, one of them could be a good starter at LG

Out of that group, I'd only consider Cann. We need an influx of new O-Linemen who can run block. I think Cann would be more comfortable at LG, but that still means a new starter at RG and RT.
Quote:Should have signed Mack and kept Linder at guard.

agreed.
Quote:Should have signed Mack and kept Linder at guard.

Cant disagree here. Hes had a fantastic year. Pretty sure last year he was fairly bad though in CLE...
He has been solid all year, you never hear him called for holding or false start, and he rarely gets beat. The run blocking as a whole has been bad, also how many snaps have gone over Bortles head or were too low? I cant think of none.

We should've signed Alex Mack AND our hometown boy Josh Sitton.

Beachum-Sitton-Mack-Linder-Parnell B)

draft his brother. problem solved.

Quote:Out of that group, I'd only consider Cann. We need an influx of new O-Linemen who can run block. I think Cann would be more comfortable at LG, but that still means a new starter at RG and RT.
thats why i said sign Zeitler and draft a RT if the value is there
You don't move him to center just to move him out the next year.

If he's the best option at center, you keep him at center.

Was Joeckel's brief stint at LG good enough to warrant bringing him back on a 1 year prove it deal?
Pages: 1 2