Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andre informs Texans he wants OUT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
per rotoworld: 

Andre Johnson informs Texans he wants out 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Andre Johnson has told the Texans "he wants to play for another team."

Rapoport added four teams have expressed interest in the veteran wide receiver, but Houston is resisting the move. It is unsurprising Johnson wants a trade. Entering his age-33 season, Johnson does not have time to wait through yet another rebuilding job. He is also unhappy the Texans refused a deal that would have paid him his $1 million workout bonus despite the fact that he missed several sessions. Even with the animosity, it is not a certainty Johnson leaves Houston. Rapoport believes the Texans could remedy the situation by paying Johnson his $1 million or promising him a roster spot in 2015. This has the look of a saga that could drag into camp.

he he he

i think this one is about more than the 1 mill

He didn't care about who he was playing for a few years ago when he was lusting after the money in his current contract.

He could have easily played out his last contract and gotten at least as large of a deal as he got in free agency and chosen whatever team he wanted to play for.

He has no one but himself to blame for the fact that he's played his entire career for a perennial loser.

Quote:He didn't care about who he was playing for a few years ago when he was [BAD WORD REMOVED] after the money in his current contract.

He could have easily played out his last contract and gotten at least as large of a deal as he got in free agency and chosen whatever team he wanted to play for.

He has no one but himself to blame for the fact that he's played his entire career for a perennial loser.
i know this team doesnt match the criteira he is looking for but i would love to see him here... what better to stick the knife in the tinhorns and twist than going to their most hated divisional rival.
Quote:i know this team doesnt match the criteira he is looking for but i would love to see him here... what better to stick the knife in the tinhorns and twist than going to their most hated divisional rival.

As a free agent it would have made sense. As a trade the Jaguars should stay as far from him as possible. He's too old to be giving up the kind of picks the texans would want for him.
Quote:i know this team doesnt match the criteira he is looking for but i would love to see him here... what better to stick the knife in the tinhorns and twist than going to their most hated divisional rival.

We're not really a match. Andre should go to a team thats ready to win right now. 
Quote:As a free agent it would have made sense. As a trade the Jaguars should stay as far from him as possible. He's too old to be giving up the kind of picks the texans would want for him.
idk, the guy is rarely hurt and if he could put up two or three more solid years years that are on par with what he had before, i would be game... he could help develop the huge amount of young talent we have here, and give us a absolute #1 receiver which i dont believe we have yet(mainly because 2 of our main guys have never played a down in the NFL), not to mention erase any doubt that exists about us moving on without JB... i wouldnt be opposed to 4th or lower, but i doubt the texans would consider that.

Quote:We're not really a match. Andre should go to a team thats ready to win right now. 
thats what i meant by we dont meet the criteria... bronco's seem to be the team building from the high priced vets from other teams so that would be my frist guess with pats following in close second... more just wishful thinkin on my part but you gotta admit it would be an awesome jab at the tinhorns... if he came here it would be out of shier spite for houson, it would be like him saying i dont care where i go i just dont want to be in your city any more lol.

Quote:idk, the guy is rarely hurt and if he could put up two or three more solid years years that are on par with what he had before, i would be game... he could help develop the huge amount of young talent we have here, and give us a absolute #1 receiver which i dont believe we have yet(mainly because 2 of our main guys have never played a down in the NFL)... i wouldnt be opposed to 4th or lower, but i doubt the texans would consider that.

thats what i meant by we dont meet the criteria... bronco's seem to be the team building from the high priced vets from other teams so that would be my frist guess with pats following in close second... more just wishful thinkin on my part but you gotta admit it would be an awesome jab at the tinhorns... if he came here it would be out of shier spite for houson, it would be like him saying i dont care where i go i just dont want to be in your city any more lol.

I'll trust the coaches to develop our young talent. Andre Johnson would cost this team a lot more young talent that this team still needs, and I can't see this team being competitive at least until 2015.

And what are you talking about rarely being hurt? He played a full sixteen games last year but his effectiveness was clearly down and he played with injuries most of the season. He's not the guy he was 5 years ago.

Given his age and significant injury history of late he won't be worth the high pick(s) he'll cost.
Quote:I'll trust the coaches to develop our young talent. Andre Johnson would cost this team a lot more young talent that this team still needs, and I can't see this team being competitive at least until 2015.

And what are you talking about rarely being hurt? He played a full sixteen games last year but his effectiveness was clearly down and he played with injuries most of the season. He's not the guy he was 5 years ago.

Given his age and significant injury history of late he won't be worth the high pick(s) he'll cost.
agreed, but i can't say without speculation that his effectivness last year was because of him fighting through injury or the qb performances that came from that team last year... the main difference between the texan who went to the playoffs two years ago and the 2-11 team from last year came from the QB position and the lack of foster... no question he isnt the guy he was 5 years ago, but he is still a top 10 receiver in the league, maybe even top 5 if he has some consistency from a QB.... like you, i also have alot of faith in jerry sulivan and i think we have just givin him the molds to create some truely great WR's... but the jury is still out on the guys who are rookies until we see what they do in this league. 

but i do agree we are 2 years out from any post season pushes, which i believe is the main reason he will never wear a jag jersey. 

Quote:idk, the guy is rarely hurt and if he could put up two or three more solid years years that are on par with what he had before, i would be game... he could help develop the huge amount of young talent we have here, and give us a absolute #1 receiver which i dont believe we have yet(mainly because 2 of our main guys have never played a down in the NFL), not to mention erase any doubt that exists about us moving on without JB... i wouldnt be opposed to 4th or lower, but i doubt the texans would consider that.

Houston isn't going to trade him to a division rival.
Quote:Houston isn't going to trade him to a division rival.
i dont see it either... like i said, wishful thinking
Quote:Houston isn't going to trade him to a division rival.

Thats good because I don't want to give up a draft pick for a 34 y/o declining WR, either. 
He stands to lose something like $17 million of he refuses top play ( salary and pay back bonus). Team trading for him would need some cap space.
I think the Patriots would be a good fit.

Cleveland can afford him but why would he want to go there? I say he takes a pay cut and goes to a contender or just shuts up and stays in Houston.

Andre Johnson has been loyal thus far. He deserves a chance at a championship before he leaves.

Quote:I think the Patriots would be a good fit.

That or the Packers in the NFC.
There are a lot of places he could go and put a good offense over the top.

Where is trindon at? How do you feel about the bet now? Also does this mean all Texans fans are going to bail on the team until they get a new franchise?
I can't say that I blame the guy.  He's worked hard, put up huge numbers and kept his mouth shut on a struggling team for a long time.  I could see a number of contenders that would be interested in a guy like Andre.  Even at his age he's still going to give you big numbers and would be a good guy to have.

Pages: 1 2 3