Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Very interesting question (A Big "What If")
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just had a random thought.

If Justin Blackmon (still a huge fan of), stays out of the news, stays clean, and gets reinstated. My question is: Would this be the first time in NFL history that 2 Fred Biletnikoff award winners have played on the same team? Not to mention that those 2 (Blackmon, Lee) would represent 3 consecutive years of that award. You know I love my stats. *Cheers*.

Not sure if it would in fact be the first time but the idea of Blackmon, Lee, Shorts, Robinson, and Sanders on the same roster is scary. I’m talking the potential to be the best WR roster in the league in a year or so. 
That's a potentially lethal combination of WRs. I recall Coughlin's struggles to find a third WR. This team is at least four deep.

BTW, keep an eye out for Mike Brown. He's the epitome of a competitor, and with all these big-time names around him I'm looking for him to seriously step it up. He's among the few players that Bradley has mentioned standing out in the OTAs, and he brings some physicality to the WR position. 

Charles Rogers was in training camp with Calvin Johnson for the Lions. They released Rogers in final cuts.

In 2005 Cleveland had Antonio Bryant and Braylon Edwards. Bryant left for the 49ers in free agency in 2006.

That's all I could find in 5 minutes of research. There might be others.

This looks like a prime spot for a Jaguars WR ranking (Denard Robinson not listed because he's really a RB)...

1. Justin Blackmon (suspended)

2. Cecil Shorts

3. Marquis Lee

4. Allen Robinson

5. Tandon Doss

6. Ace Sanders

7. Mike Brown

8. Kerry Taylor

9. Allen Hurns

10. Chad Bumphis

11. <strong>Nathan Slaughter
</strong>

12. Lamaar Thomas

13. Damian Copeland

Quote:This looks like a prime spot for a Jaguars WR ranking (Denard Robinson not listed because he's really a RB)...

2. Cecil Shorts

3. Marquis Lee

4. Allen Robinson

5. Tandon Doss

6. Ace Sanders

7. Mike Brown

8. Kerry Taylor

9. Allen Hurns

10. Chad Bumphis

11. <span style="color:rgb(0,128,128);"><strong>Nathan Slaughter</strong></span>

12. Lamaar Thomas

13. Damian Copeland
I think Mike Brown is better than Ace Sanders and Doss (probably Robinson too).  He really started to show signs last year towards the end of the season.  I hope he remains competitive and wows us in preseason.

------------------

(In regards to Ace Sanders) Both players are competing for return duties, in addition to the No. 5 or 6 receiver role. Doss spent minicamp nursing a minor injury, giving Sanders the current edge. But Sanders averaged just 5.6 yards per punt return as a rookie, while Doss finished fifth in the NFL with 359 punt-return yards and averaged 15.6 yards per for the Ravens. Sanders was the 101st pick in the 2013 draft. Jun 24 - 11:10 AM - Rotoworld agrees with me..

As it most likely will be in the first preseason game's starters

Marqise Lee playing at Z

Allen Robinson playing at X

and Cecil Shorts playing in the slot

Mike Brown will most likely be the 4th WR,

and then Doss competiting with Sanders as 5th & 6th slot.
Quote:As it most likely will be in the first preseason game's starters

Marqise Lee playing at Z

Disagree.

Z-Shorts

X-Robinson

Slot-Sanders

4th-Lee

5th-Brown

To start at least.
Maybe since Lee still hasnt even signed his contract

He ain't coming back.

Oh right, that makes me a "hater".

Quote:This looks like a prime spot for a Jaguars WR ranking (Denard Robinson not listed because he's really a RB)...

2. Cecil Shorts

3. Marquis Lee

4. Allen Robinson

5. Tandon Doss

6. Ace Sanders

7. Mike Brown

8. Kerry Taylor

9. Allen Hurns

10. Chad Bumphis

11. <strong>Nathan Slaughter
</strong>
12. Lamaar Thomas

13. Damian Copeland

I think Hurns and Copeland make a jump up that list. I want to see those two catch passes in preseason and see what they can do. They both were productive at big time schools
Quote:He ain't coming back.

Oh right, that makes me a "hater".
Hater! lol just honest. I don't think he's coming back either. If he does and surprises us all, then we get an early Christmas present...

GO JAGS!!
Quote:As it most likely will be in the first preseason game's starters

Marqise Lee playing at Z

Zero chance that Shorts starts at slot.
Quote:Not sure if it would in fact be the first time but the idea of Blackmon, Lee, Shorts, Robinson, and Sanders on the same roster is scary. I’m talking the potential to be the best WR roster in the league in a year or so. 
The bolded is how I see it. LOL@ the folks who really think Shorts not gonna start. Im big on Lee and Robinson to but yall reaching. Also Brown & Doss not making it over Ace. They battling with each other not Ace. The only reason one of them has a good shot to make it is because Blackmon is Suspended.
X (split-end): 1.  Shorts 2. Robinson

Z (flanker): 1. Lee 2. Doss

slot: 1, Robinson 2. Ace Sanders

utility (4th): Brown

Practice Squad: Hurns

Phone number of speed dial in case of injury: Kerry Taylor

Also keep an eye on Nathan Slaughter. Some scouts really seem hyped on the guy.

WR1: Shorts, Robinson

WR2: Lee, Brown

Slot: Sanders

Utility guy: Doss/Hurns

I don't think Doss makes it unless he completely wipes the floor with Ace on punt returns, and even then, I think Ace sticks as the slot guy. Hurns could force his way onto the team, probably at Doss' expense. I'm also of the opinion that Blackmon is done, at least as a Jaguar but probably in the NFL.

I really don't think Blackmon is done and am guessing he returns at some point mid-season.

With this group I'm guessing 6 WRs make the final roster with another on the PS plus Blackmon on suspension.

If Blackmon were to come back and play at the same level this would become the deepest wr group in the league. Thats a big what if

I'd love to see this...

X (split-end): 1.  Shorts 2. Robinson

Z (flanker): 1. Blackmon 2. Lee

slot: 1. Lee 2. Ace Sanders

utility (4th): Brown

Practice Squad: Hurns

Phone number of speed dial in case of injury: Tandon Doss

Quote:I just had a random thought.

If Justin Blackmon (still a huge fan of), stays out of the news, stays clean, and gets reinstated. My question is: Would this be the first time in NFL history that 2 Fred Biletnikoff award winners have played on the same team? Not to mention that those 2 (Blackmon, Lee) would represent 3 consecutive years of that award. You know I love my stats. *Cheers*.
I wouldnt worry about that.

I do hope that Justin cleans up and is able to come back but its very unlikely at least at this point.
Pages: 1 2