Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DRob impressing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am always weary when I hear Lageman give tons of praise. I feel like him and Boselli were all about guys like Britton too who were busts. But still nice to see the positive vibe. I didn't know DRob had hand and elbow injuries last year. Maybe he will be better.

Actually I would assume he has to be. Last year was just the first year of the switch and it didn't have a direction for him. With a full offseason of RB workout's under his belt, I would expect DRob to become the kind of player we hoped he could be. (Which I see as a scatback like Warrick Dunn who is about the best complementary back I can think of).

well in that minicap recap two days ago? one of them, sexton was talking about how D-rob couldn't keep his hand open last season which led to all the drops, and this season he has full control over his hand which is why he's been doing drastically better. 

I still have high expectations for Denard Robinson.  A rookie, making mistakes like fumbling or dropping easy catches can happen and also can be easily fixed.  I suspect a big turnaround this season for him.  Denard could be our "Ace" in the running back deck of cards.

I asked @ESPNdirocco how he practiced this week. he basically said really, really good.  Specifically mentioned good hands.

D Rob gone do work this yr.
Sometimes it takes a year.  So you never know.

I've noticed PFT has taken quite a different tone when discussing the Jaguars here lately. Very good to see.

Quote:I am always weary when I hear Lageman give tons of praise. I feel like him and Boselli were all about guys like Britton too who were busts. But still nice to see the positive vibe. I didn't know DRob had hand and elbow injuries last year. Maybe he will be better.

Actually I would assume he has to be. Last year was just the first year of the switch and it didn't have a direction for him. With a full offseason of RB workout's under his belt, I would expect DRob to become the kind of player we hoped he could be. (Which I see as a scatback like Warrick Dunn who is about the best complementary back I can think of).

I think Lageman is usually a pretty straight shooter.

Britton had talent and played well as a rookie. But was not the same player after the back injury his second year.
Quote:I am always weary when I hear Lageman give tons of praise. I feel like him and Boselli were all about guys like Britton too who were busts. But still nice to see the positive vibe. I didn't know DRob had hand and elbow injuries last year. Maybe he will be better.

Everybody are right about some prospects and wrong about others. Coach Coughlin brought some great players to Jags but he also made some bad free agent signings and draft picks.
Good thats what I wanna see

Watching Jaguars Live the other day, I mistook Denard for being Cyprien in warm-ups until I took a closer look. He is quite a bit bigger this year.

Quote:Watching Jaguars Live the other day, I mistook Denard for being Cyprien in warm-ups until I took a closer look. He is quite a bit bigger this year.
i usually just look at the numbers.
Quote:i usually just look at the numbers.

Ha, I was cleaning house and more listening than watching. 
Quote:Ha, I was cleaning house and more listening than watching. 
Smile
DROB will get cut. There is no place on this team for a guy that drops the ball. You can't score at the drop of a ball in the NFL.

Quote:DROB will get cut. There is no place on this team for a guy that drops the ball. You can't score at the drop of a ball in the NFL.

2/10, needs more exclamation points.
Quote:2/10, needs more exclamation points.

And more words in ALL CAPS. Gotta drive the point home
Quote:DROB will get cut. There is no place on this team for a guy that drops the ball. You can't score at the drop of a ball in the NFL.
have you not read the OTA and camp reports?
Who woulda thought... a 5th round rookie might of needed a year to develop after a position switch...

Crazy stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4