Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles' reps increases over Henne's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Has BB5 continiously improved to the point of the staff giving him more reps than Henne? Training Camp will be the Tell Tail concerning this issue. I for one believe that BB5 will prevail even if he stumbles out of the gate. The experience of starting from "Day One" will pay dividens in the near future...

I say start BB5 above Henne and allow the Experience to Begin...

Am I Wrong in feeling such?

http:bit.ly/1kwWkfu (As evidenced, it's been awhile since I started a topic)...

NH3...
If he's ready, fine. If not, as soon as he is, start him.
I wouldn't read much into it and I really doubt be starts. I think Caldwell and Bradley will stick to the plan but anything could happen I suppose.
Quote:Has BB5 continiously improved to the point of the staff giving him more reps than Henne? Training Camp will be the Tell Tail concerning this issue. I for one believe that BB5 will prevail even if he stumbles out of the gate. The experience of starting from "Day One" will pay dividens in the near future...

http:bit.ly/1kwWkfu

NH3...

If he's ready to start then he'd better start. If he's not then that's what Henne is for, making sure Bortles doesn't get ruined.

I'm praying he's ready to start because I can't take much more of checkdown chad.
Quote:Has BB5 continiously improved to the point of the staff giving him more reps than Henne? Training Camp will be the Tell Tail concerning this issue. I for one believe that BB5 will prevail even if he stumbles out of the gate. The experience of starting from "Day One" will pay dividens in the near future...

http:bit.ly/1kwWkfu (As evidenced, it's been awhile since I started a topic)...

NH3...

Yes you are wrong.  Gus has already announced his starter for the opener.
Quote:If he's ready, fine. If not, as soon as he is, start him.

AGREED...

I'm getting the impression that BB5 has continually impressed the staff that his reps has increased for the improbable future...

NH3...
Quote:Yes you are wrong.  Gus has already announced his starter for the opener.

This is true but what also is true is that BB5 plays second fiddle to no one as proven on the college level. His willingness to learn along w/his desire to be successfull trumps Hennes's subpar NFL career...

We know what we have in Henne...

Let's give BB5 his chance @ stardom to where failure isn't an option...

NH3...
Quote:If he's ready to start then he'd better start. If he's not then that's what Henne is for, making sure Bortles doesn't get ruined.

I'm praying he's ready to start because I can't take much more of checkdown chad.

BB5 is guaranteed NOT to be RUINED like the such of BG...

He'll have the same QB Coach, HC and better supporting cast than BG ever had...

Failure w/our existing team isn't an option... I know that the previous statement is Bolsterious but it's also true...

NH3...
Quote:This is true but what also is true is that BB5 plays second fiddle to no one as proven on the college level. His willingness to learn along w/his desire to be successfull trumps Hennes's subpar NFL career...

We know what we have in Henne...

Let's give BB5 his chance @ stardom to where failure isn't an option...

NH3...

I agree that Bortles is the long term future.  In the short term, Gus will go with the more experienced player.  I wouldn't rule out Bortles starting at some point this season but it won't happen right away.
Quote:BB5 is guaranteed NOT to be RUINED like the such of BG...

He'll have the same QB Coach, HC and better supporting cast than BG ever had...

Failure w/our existing team isn't an option... I know that the previous statement is Bolsterious but it's also true...

NH3...

I don't think he'll ever be as bad as Gabbert, either. His pocket presence and ability to keep his eyes downfield on the run are similar to Andrew Luck.

Still, I trust the coaching staff must know what they're doing and if he's not on the field it'll be for a reason.

Like I said, though, I pray he'll be ready.
"as evidenced"?

Quote:I agree that Bortles is the long term future.  In the short term, Gus will go with the more experienced player.  I wouldn't rule out Bortles starting at some point this season but it won't happen right away.

I think Chad Henne is the future and we have to put Bortles in to protect him.
Quote:I think Chad Henne is the future and we have to put Bortles in to protect him.

What?  Have you forgotten Stanzi?  It's StanziTime!
Bortles is getting more reps now because he needs more reps.

For a veteran, this time of year is just about getting warmed up for camp.

Quote:"as evidenced"?

For all intensive purposes, I'm 91% sure he meant "as is evident."
This is the underwear league.  These Qb's have red shirts on and cannot be hit.  Gabbert looked brilliant in OTA's too.  Lets settle down. Preseason will be Bortles first test

Quote:This is the underwear league.  These Qb's have red shirts on and cannot be hit.  Gabbert looked brilliant in OTA's too.  Lets settle down. Preseason will be Bortles first test

Brilliant is a stretch.
I don't think anyone is saying he is brilliant.. Just that he is improving on his mechanics and is progressing like they'd want him too.
Why do you put NH3... on the end of each post. It already tells us who the poster is. I get it after 5780 posts. I got it after the first 5. 

Bigjag57...

Quote:I agree that Bortles is the long term future.  In the short term, Gus will go with the more experienced player.  I wouldn't rule out Bortles starting at some point this season but it won't happen right away.

Sadly I Concur on your sentiments. I simply feel that BB5 Will Not be BG 2.0...

NH3...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6