Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Houston....We have a problem...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
per rotoworld: 

No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney underwent sports hernia surgery Thursday and will be sidelined until training camp.

The Texans say they expect Clowney back for the start of training camp, theoretically meaning he should only miss one minicamp. We'll see. Hernia surgeries can be susceptible to setbacks, although many players recover smoothly. Coach Bill O'Brien revealed Friday Clowney had recently complained of groin pain. He traveled to Philadelphia, where doctors told him surgery was the best option. Texans training camp opens in late July. Clowney has six weeks to get healthy.
...and it begins. :whistling: 

Well, maybe he was playing hurt last year?  I guess we'll see soon enough.

Quote:Well, maybe he was playing hurt last year?  I guess we'll see soon enough.

I thought his play trailed off last year due to bone spurs in his ankle.  I guess it could have been both.  Those two things and double teams....and running plays away from him....and him trying not to get hurt for his draft status...and...

Texans are going to be horrible this year

Quote:Texans are going to be horrible this year

Mailing-it-in for Winston?
Quote:Mailing-it-in for Winston?

<i>The situation begs...for crab legs. :woot: </i>
Clowney is going to be such an interesting story to follow this year and for his career.  It will hard to live up to the hype.  I know that DEs typically have a bigger learning curve than other positions. Does Clowney missing mini-camp add to the adjustment period or not?  

Quote:<i>The situation begs...for crab legs. :woot: </i>

You don't beg for crab legs, you just take them.
Don't worry, Clowney will be healthy come training camp and he and Watt will run roughshod over the rest of the division's QB's.

Quote:Mailing-it-in for Winston?
they tanked for Teddy last year I hope they tank for Winston this year.
Quote:Don't worry, Clowney will be healthy come training camp and he and Watt will run roughshod over the rest of the division's QB's.

Orrrrrrr......this is just the beginning....of what will ultimately be a adversity filled career for Jadaveon.... :whistling: 
I think people are reading to much into this..
Quote:I think people are reading to much into this..

Its not a major injury.....but its also something that can have lingering complications. For this to happen so close to camp cannot be viewed as anything but a concerning scenario for Houston. Particularly coming off of a year chocked full of adversity that he just had. 

This is the #1 overall pick we're talking about here. This ain't small potatoes like you'd look at this with a 3rd day pick. 

Clowney will fail until he is able to go to a traditional 4-3 defense anyways.

Quote:Its not a major injury.....but its also something that can have lingering complications. For this to happen so close to camp cannot be viewed as anything but a concerning scenario for Houston. Particularly coming off of a year chocked full of adversity that he just had. 

This is the #1 overall pick we're talking about here. This ain't small potatoes like you'd look at this with a 3rd day pick. 

Give me a break.  Players routinely play through this injury and the only reason why he's having surgery now is because they have the time to do it.  I currently have a hernia.. found out about it a couple of months ago during a physical, I've probably had it for a couple of years now.  I know you want it to be, but it's not a big deal.  Also kudos for the "Houston we have a problem" line...  so original and creative. Rolleyes
Quote:Give me a break.  Players routinely play through this injury and the only reason why he's having surgery now is because they have the time to do it.  I currently have a hernia.. found out about it a couple of months ago during a physical, I've probably had it for a couple of years now.  I know you want it to be, but it's not a big deal.  Also kudos for the "Houston we have a problem" line...  so original and creative. Rolleyes

somebody sounds nervous
I knew Clowney would bust
Quote:I knew Clowney would bust

[Image: Triactol-Bust-Serum.jpg]
That's it. His career is over.

Pages: 1 2 3 4