Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best local sports broadcaster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
IMO it used to be Hicken. But with him going full time radio who is it now? Sam Kouvaris? Brent Martineau? Chris Porter?
Quote:IMO it used to be Hicken. But with him going full time radio who is it now? Sam Kouvaris? Brent Martineau? Chris Porter?

Let's just go ahead and cross that one right off your list.. The rest I have no problems with.. 
Quote:Let's just go ahead and cross that one right off your list.. The rest I have no problems with..

Sam have the stache back? Haven't seen him in forever...lol
Quote:Sam have the stache back? Haven't seen him in forever...lol

I was half expecting him to be bagging groceries somewhere by now. 
Quote:I was half expecting him to be bagging groceries somewhere by now.

Sam??? Psssh!!! He KNOWS people... Rolleyes
Quote:Sam??? Psssh!!! He KNOWS people... Rolleyes

And the people he KNOWS, they wont admit to it haha
Quote:And the people he KNOWS, they wont admit to it haha

To be fair...he doesn't say they know him... :thumbsup:
Quote:To be fair...he doesn't say they know him... :thumbsup:

haha
Quote:IMO it used to be Hicken. But with him going full time radio who is it now? Sam Kouvaris? Brent Martineau? Chris Porter?

I heard he's kind of a big deal... Wink
Quote:I heard he's kind of a big deal... Wink

Just ask him!!
I hear it's Frank Frangie now.
Is Hicken leaving TV or something?

Hicken is still the best sportscaster on television. 

Chris Porter is a hack.

Martineau is okay, but with Hicken joining that team, I wonder how much longer he'll be around.

Ron Burgundy takes himself too seriously. 

Don't know if we're limited to TV here, but if not, my choice would be Jeff Lageman hands down. His reporting, not only with the Jaguars, but with the outdoors show is second to none. Actually, he does the Monday night show during the season, so he's my pick regardless.

Quote:Don't know if we're limited to TV here, but if not, my choice would be Jeff Lageman hands down. His reporting, not only with the Jaguars, but with the outdoors show is second to none. Actually, he does the Monday night show during the season, so he's my pick regardless.

Agreed, if we're breaking out from the traditional sportscaster role, Lageman would top my list.

If we're talking about the local sports guys, Hicken wins.  He recognizes how lucky he is to be getting paid well to cover sports all day, every day. He doesn't take himself seriously at all. 
Quote:Hicken is still the best sportscaster on television. 

Chris Porter is a hack.

Martineau is okay, but with Hicken joining that team, I wonder how much longer he'll be around.

Ron Burgundy takes himself too seriously. 

That Chris Porter/Chad Cushnir combo at FCN is a joke.
Quote:That Chris Porter/Chad Cushnir combo at FCN is a joke.

Painful.  I've almost completely stopped watching that FCN newscast.

Quote:Painful.  I've almost completely stopped watching that FCN newscast.

Same here actually.
Quote:Painful. I've almost completely stopped watching that FCN newscast.

Me too!
Martineau is really, really, really good. Knowledgeable, very professional and I get the sense he's a workaholic.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5