Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone post-game presser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dude this is amazing. he's actually using real football terms and is drawing me in with his explanations and terminology.  my god i already feel like we are miles away from the dimwit we had to deal with just a week ago.

I noticed he's great at explaining what he's talking about so we as fans can understand. Gus actually said a lot compared to the likes of JDR, but he often spoke over our heads as fans where we have to kind of guess what he means. I like how Marrone takes the time to make sure we really know what he's saying.

U can sell a Jags fan a grapefruit as the head coach right now. #Vulnerable
That post game press conference was like a job interview.   

Here's what we saw, here's what we planned to do, here's how we did it, here's how I manage the assistant coaches, this is what I told the players, etc.   Basically laying out all the game week duties of a head coach. 

Quote:That post game press conference was like a job interview.   

Here's what we saw, here's what we planned to do, here's how we did it, here's how I manage the assistant coaches, this is what I told the players, etc.   Basically laying out all the game week duties of a head coach. 
It was impressive and informative.
He sounds like a real HC.

He expressed his desire to display leadership for the team. How refreshing.

I just wish he would stop heaping praise on Gus Bradley. I can understand his sentiments after what's happened. Especially for a personable guy like Gus. But following this game, he should never mention his name again.

Quote:He expressed his desire to display leadership for the team. How refreshing.

I just wish he would stop heaping praise on Gus Bradley. I can understand his sentiments after what's happened. Especially for a personable guy like Gus. But following this game, he should never mention his name again.
agreed. he doesnt owe [BLEEP] to gus. he's a far better coach than him.
Quote:U can sell a Jags fan a grapefruit as the head coach right now. #Vulnerable
I'm not trying to sell him as the next HC candidate and im not buying it right now either. if we come out again next week and win in the same fashion, then he'll have some of my attention. What im trying to get at is i enjoy how he speaks to the press. i feel like gus always spoke in circles and said the exact same things every week. i like how marrone explained his gameplan and his approach to facing the titans.
[Image: 200.gif#0]

It gives me hope there are fans who recognize that while Marrone isn't Gus, he isn't a good coach either. We are so starved for genuine leadership, even an average coach can look like Parcells or Belicheat. As TheAll22 posted, "It's a trap!" 

He did sound a lot like a teacher.  A good thing. Smile

This Is a guy who quit in buffalo, now he seemed to know what would make this team tick with planning and executing a game plan and it worked quite well. but can we trust someone who was the assit head coach with an offensive mind and did not help gus a defensice coach game plane or tell him how to make it work the right way. @#$% him put marone on the bus out of town at the end of the season. someone to selfish to help a struggling coach and team then come in say I know how to fix it is a loser with a capital L

Didn't Buffalo fans like this guy? I suppose I'd be OK with him if Coughlin is unavailable.
Quote:This Is a guy who quit in buffalo, now he seemed to know what would make this team tick with planning and executing a game plan and it worked quite well. but can we trust someone who was the assit head coach with an offensive mind and did not help gus a defensice coach game plane or tell him how to make it work the right way. @#$% him put marone on the bus out of town at the end of the season. someone to selfish to help a struggling coach and team then come in say I know how to fix it is a loser with a capital L

Maybe the advice was not heeded? We weren't there so we don't know what was or wasn't said during planning.
Quote:Didn't Buffalo fans like this guy? I suppose I'd be OK with him if Coughlin is unavailable.

Until he opted out, then he was a bad coach who was holding the team back.
Quote:Until he opted out, then he was a bad coach who was holding the team back.

Yeah that was my impression too. He's not my first choice but there are a few advantages of keeping him. He's not as bad as people say.
Quote:Until he opted out, then he was a bad coach who was holding the team back.

Clearly that has played itself out exactly that way.
Quote:I'm not trying to sell him as the next HC candidate and im not buying it right now either. if we come out again next week and win in the same fashion, then he'll have some of my attention. What im trying to get at is i enjoy how he speaks to the press. i feel like gus always spoke in circles and said the exact same things every week. i like how marrone explained his gameplan and his approach to facing the titans.

Not only his gameplan, but he talks about what he's thinking during critical game time situations as well. I like his instincts to immediately get the team back up by two scores. You can tell he has an innate feel for the game, and he's the boss when it comes to properly using TO's. It truly was refreshing by comparison to Gus.

Quote:Clearly that has played itself out exactly that way.

Yep, Buffalo is now a Super Bowl contender with a coach who is definitely not about to get fired.
Pages: 1 2 3