Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New stadium naming deal being discussed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is the last season of the current stadium naming rights deal.

I don’t why but it seems like the stadium just became EverBank Field yesterday and now we’re about to start the final season of the current deal. Per this article the Jaguars and EverBank are now negotiating so I think there’s a good chance the name of the stadium doesn’t change which I think  is good for all sides (Jaguars, EverBank, the city).

How much do you think EverBank would be willing to pay this time around? After reading the article and understanding how much better the economy is, especially the banking sector, stadium improvements and the additional events that could come because of it I could see a 10 year/$60 million deal possible.

What say you?

Seems like just yesterday it was still Alltel Stadium.  

Not sure how long those deals are usually made for.  But if things look on the upswing for the Jags, I could see a long-term deal being made.

Pardon the extra m in the thread topic. Don’t know how to fix it.

I still call it The Jack

Quote:
I say we strike a deal with Trojan for a retractable, sheer roof that lets in light and keeps out rain. Or New-Skin. Either way we get the stadium covered.
Everbank Field sounds better than Alltel Stadium

Interesting thing.  I would like to see EverBank and the Jaguars reach some kind of deal that is beneficial to both.  I didn't even realize that they were actually based here in Jacksonville, so that's certainly a plus.  From watching Mr. Kahn, I'm guessing that "branding is important" and the name/sponsor on the stadium is an important thing.  If not EverBank, the only names that come to mind are Prudential or Blue Cross when it comes to a nationally known business.  The last thing we need is for it to become "Winn Dixie Field".  :woot:

Quote:Everbank Field sounds better than Alltel Stadium

The thing is, Alltel Stadium was well known nation wide.  In fact, you still hear people here talking about "going to Alltel Stadium" for certain events.
Quote:Everbank Field sounds better than Alltel Stadium
Agreed. 

Although Stadium sounds more grandiose and powerful. 
I hope Everbank extends.  Like the name.  But I wonder if Khan might be going after bigger fish.    CSX

Quote:Interesting thing.  I would like to see EverBank and the Jaguars reach some kind of deal that is beneficial to both.  I didn't even realize that they were actually based here in Jacksonville, so that's certainly a plus.  From watching Mr. Kahn, I'm guessing that "branding is important" and the name/sponsor on the stadium is an important thing.  If not EverBank, the only names that come to mind are Prudential or Blue Cross when it comes to a nationally known business.  The last thing we need is for it to become "Winn Dixie Field".  :woot:

"Kahn" is hot dogs. 

Khan is our owner. 

He's only been here -oh-...3 years now....I think thats long enough have the correct spelling of his name be second nature. 

Quote:I hope Everbank extends.  Like the name.  But I wonder if Khan might be going after bigger fish.    CSX

Thats true...Khan is all about business. He sees the direction this team is headed. Naming rights for this stadium are going to be more lucrative this time around. Good for the team. Another avenue for higher revenue. 
I vote Maxwell House Park Smile

Always liked the idea of that... "take it to the House!"

Quote:I vote Maxwell House Park Smile

Always liked the idea of that... "take it to the House!"

Never liked "Park" for football. "Park" is more of a baseball feel. 

"Take it to the 'House" in that scenario is kinda cool though. 

Quote:I hope Everbank extends. Like the name. But I wonder if Khan might be going after bigger fish. CSX
Anheuser-Busch? Gate Petroleum?
Quote:Gate Petroleum?

"Come see the Jaguars at Gate Petroleum Field....get gas....". Ninja

I would expect the EverBank relationship to continue, and to grow even stronger.  With Khan's international ties, it can only benefit EverBank.  They clearly recognize the benefit in being the name sponsor as it does indeed raise their profile.  They have an opportunity to basically be in on the ground floor of the renaissance of this franchise.

If I'm Khan, I leverage the position as a global operation that can give them significant exposure to international businesses, and to be part of the growth that will happen with the future projects like the shipyards and other business ventures Khan is involved with.  They benefit greatly by riding the coattails of this billionaire, and having the local connection really strengthens that relationship with the Jaguars.

Sonnys BBQ Stadium.
Quote:Anheuser-Busch? Gate Petroleum?
AB isn't going to put their name on another stadium, and Gate is a regional operation that would have little interest in something like this. 

EverBank was a good suitor when they signed the original deal because it's a local company that has a substantial footprint, but it's still hungry and growing. 

Someone else mentioned CSX.  I think that's really the only other local business that would make any sense because they do have a broader presence nationally.
Save Rite Stadium
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5