Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Watching Doug Marrone's post-game press conference now...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And holy smokes all I can think of is how much more intelligent he sounds than Gus Bradley talking about a game? Granted I know it was after a win but just listening to him speak and I am leaning into my chair mesmerized....he just sounds so intelligent. Just the things he is bringing up, etc.

I never truly realized until now how clueless Gus Bradley sounded being a head coach. It is such a breath of fresh air.

He actually said the word "win". It's refreshing, really
Can you quote some please. With the fam at a chrisas party
Sorry don't have direct quotes but it is just great. Watch it when you have the chance.

The part I really liked is he kept talking about the fans, how we needed this, etc. And you could tell he really meant it.

Here is his locker room post game speech...

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...c36cfe94e5

Here is the link to the press conference...

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...8bc8c4ce1f

Watching the locker room speech, one thing struck me.

Not intending to kick Bradley when he's down.  In fact, the few post game victory speeches were pretty good.

But Marrone, compared to Bradley, seemed like a grown up.

He mentioned what happened with the fans when the team plays well.  That lets me know the players have been distracted by that, and it seems Marrone managed to get the players to focus on their assignments.

He also seemed humble, and belied the narrative of him after he left Buffalo.

Ok so here is a sample of what I mean.

At the end he talked about how he would converse with the coordinators before this game...."This is how we matchup well with them, this is how we don't matchup with them well. We need to go ahead and throw the football more. I talked to Todd Wash about Delanie Walker in the redzone...how they are 6-1 if he has over 50 yards receiving. If he is under 50 yards receiving, etc."

I'm paraphrasing but it's just actual game planning that I never saw or heard from Gus Bradley. More than just rambling.

Quote:Ok so here is a sample of what I mean.

At the end he talked about how he would converse with the coordinators before this game...."This is how we matchup well with them, this is how we don't matchup with them well. We need to go ahead and throw the football more. I talked to Todd Wash about Delanie Walker in the redzone...how they are 6-1 when if he has over 50 yards receiving. If he is under 50 yards receiving, etc."

I'm paraphrasing but it's just actual game planning that I never saw or heard from Gus Bradley. More than just rambling.
I guess i'm debbie downer today but what????  I can get that from espn and nfl network on a good day and yet you said you were mesmerized by these things.  Fans have been saying throw more since the run game collapsed at the beginning of the season.  I guess i should apply, heck if the POTUS did it....
Quote:I guess i'm debbie downer today but what????  I can get that from espn and nfl network on a good day and yet you said you were mesmerized by these things.  Fans have been saying throw more since the run game collapsed at the beginning of the season.  I guess i should apply, heck if the POTUS did it....

The old guy didnt do it, you're missing the point.
Marrone did not sound like a sports movie quote machine. Which is nice.

Quote:I guess i'm debbie downer today but what????  I can get that from espn and nfl network on a good day and yet you said you were mesmerized by these things.  Fans have been saying throw more since the run game collapsed at the beginning of the season.  I guess i should apply, heck if the POTUS did it....
Considering we didn't get much "statistical" analysis from Gus regarding game planning, I get what he's saying.
Wow!  What a difference.
"We've still got one game left and we're going to finish strong."

"The fans have endured us not playing well. I was happy they could finally cheer about their team."

"You're up by 12, but I don't want to be up by 12. I want to be up by two touchdowns. I'm greedy."

"We thought we could expose the linebackers and get some deep passes. We missed some, but did well overall."

Marrone sounds like a boss. Not another one of the players.

Quote:Considering we didn't get much "statistical" analysis from Gus regarding game planning, I get what he's saying.
Well yeah this is understandable.  More statistics from the coach to criticize when he fails at some minor statistic.  I see what he's saying but i also see the setup for failure but carry on.

Kind of nice after preaching this for a year and a half, it's finally starting to materialize.
I like what he said about the fans, AROB you listening?  :thanks:

Quote:Well yeah this is understandable.  More statistics from the coach to criticize when he fails at some minor statistic.  I see what he's saying but i also see the setup for failure but carry on.
Just wanted to say that this guy is a Gus apologist.
Quote:Well yeah this is understandable.  More statistics from the coach to criticize when he fails at some minor statistic.  I see what he's saying but i also see the setup for failure but carry on.

Man, you're really missing the ice cream, aint'cha?
Pages: 1 2