Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watching Doug Marrone's post-game press conference now...

And holy smokes all I can think of is how much more intelligent he sounds than Gus Bradley talking about a game? Granted I know it was after a win but just listening to him speak and I am leaning into my chair mesmerized....he just sounds so intelligent. Just the things he is bringing up, etc.

I never truly realized until now how clueless Gus Bradley sounded being a head coach. It is such a breath of fresh air.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He actually said the word "win". It's refreshing, really

Can you quote some please. With the fam at a chrisas party

Sorry don't have direct quotes but it is just great. Watch it when you have the chance.

The part I really liked is he kept talking about the fans, how we needed this, etc. And you could tell he really meant it.

Here is his locker room post game speech...

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...c36cfe94e5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Here is the link to the press conference...

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...8bc8c4ce1f

Watching the locker room speech, one thing struck me.

Not intending to kick Bradley when he's down.  In fact, the few post game victory speeches were pretty good.

But Marrone, compared to Bradley, seemed like a grown up.

He mentioned what happened with the fans when the team plays well.  That lets me know the players have been distracted by that, and it seems Marrone managed to get the players to focus on their assignments.

He also seemed humble, and belied the narrative of him after he left Buffalo.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2016, 08:18 PM by Brett.)

Ok so here is a sample of what I mean.

At the end he talked about how he would converse with the coordinators before this game...."This is how we matchup well with them, this is how we don't matchup with them well. We need to go ahead and throw the football more. I talked to Todd Wash about Delanie Walker in the redzone...how they are 6-1 if he has over 50 yards receiving. If he is under 50 yards receiving, etc."

I'm paraphrasing but it's just actual game planning that I never saw or heard from Gus Bradley. More than just rambling.

Quote:Ok so here is a sample of what I mean.

At the end he talked about how he would converse with the coordinators before this game...."This is how we matchup well with them, this is how we don't matchup with them well. We need to go ahead and throw the football more. I talked to Todd Wash about Delanie Walker in the redzone...how they are 6-1 when if he has over 50 yards receiving. If he is under 50 yards receiving, etc."

I'm paraphrasing but it's just actual game planning that I never saw or heard from Gus Bradley. More than just rambling.
I guess i'm debbie downer today but what????  I can get that from espn and nfl network on a good day and yet you said you were mesmerized by these things.  Fans have been saying throw more since the run game collapsed at the beginning of the season.  I guess i should apply, heck if the POTUS did it....

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:I guess i'm debbie downer today but what????  I can get that from espn and nfl network on a good day and yet you said you were mesmerized by these things.  Fans have been saying throw more since the run game collapsed at the beginning of the season.  I guess i should apply, heck if the POTUS did it....

The old guy didnt do it, you're missing the point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Marrone did not sound like a sports movie quote machine. Which is nice.

Quote:I guess i'm debbie downer today but what????  I can get that from espn and nfl network on a good day and yet you said you were mesmerized by these things.  Fans have been saying throw more since the run game collapsed at the beginning of the season.  I guess i should apply, heck if the POTUS did it....
Considering we didn't get much "statistical" analysis from Gus regarding game planning, I get what he's saying.

Wow!  What a difference.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

"We've still got one game left and we're going to finish strong."

"The fans have endured us not playing well. I was happy they could finally cheer about their team."

"You're up by 12, but I don't want to be up by 12. I want to be up by two touchdowns. I'm greedy."

"We thought we could expose the linebackers and get some deep passes. We missed some, but did well overall."

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Marrone sounds like a boss. Not another one of the players.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2016, 08:56 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Considering we didn't get much "statistical" analysis from Gus regarding game planning, I get what he's saying.
Well yeah this is understandable.  More statistics from the coach to criticize when he fails at some minor statistic.  I see what he's saying but i also see the setup for failure but carry on.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Kind of nice after preaching this for a year and a half, it's finally starting to materialize.

I like what he said about the fans, AROB you listening?  :thanks:

Quote:Well yeah this is understandable.  More statistics from the coach to criticize when he fails at some minor statistic.  I see what he's saying but i also see the setup for failure but carry on.
Just wanted to say that this guy is a Gus apologist.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Well yeah this is understandable.  More statistics from the coach to criticize when he fails at some minor statistic.  I see what he's saying but i also see the setup for failure but carry on.

Man, you're really missing the ice cream, aint'cha?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato