Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Draft Picks Help, But Gus Is the Guy Behind the Buzz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
They're firing the Gus juice with a fire hose at Yahoo.com!

Everything that is happening around this franchise right now is positive, and it all goes back to the energized and optimistic head coach. 

Nobody is laughing at this franchise. 

I'm laughing because it is May and as far as I know you can't win football games until September.  In fact, you can't win football games that matter until January.

Hype for the regular season is laughable, let's not forget the goal is to make an impact in the REAL season.  So getting ahead of ourselves in May while the moves may generate 'buzz' is delusional.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...ZJUDQ0MV8x

As Larry Brown Sports notes, Bjornsson squat-lifted nearly 800 pounds and benched more than 500. And he's only half a Thor! Imagine what a full Thor would do! (Sorry. So very, very sorry. I'll go watch old Jaguars games as punishment.)

Haters are going to hate.  (this is just a random article that was on a news site today)

Quote:I'm laughing because it is May and as far as I know you can't win football games until September.  In fact, you can't win football games that matter until January.

Hype for the regular season is laughable, let's not forget the goal is to make an impact in the REAL season.  So getting ahead of ourselves in May while the moves may generate 'buzz' is delusional.

Who is getting ahead of themselves? 

This article simply documents the fact that there is a real excitement in the city over the team.  Nobody is predicting a stinking thing here. 

I know some folks are getting a little nervous because there's not enough negativity here for them to sink their teeth into.  This reporting isn't just about hype.  It's about a radical culture change among the Jaguars coaching staff, and in the community.  The fans want to support this process because they believe in this process.  That's wrong?
Great article, thanks for posting it.

I wonder when Gus Bradley will end up on the NFL banned substance list. He gets a locker room fired up!!!!

Quote:I'm laughing because it is May and as far as I know you can't win football games until September.  In fact, you can't win football games that matter until January.

I agree.  It's perfectly okay to be optimistic but some are little too far drunk on the gus Juice.  This board typically goes overboard with every new player, regime, etc.  Gene the Genius and good old Jack comes to mind.
Quote:I wonder when Gus Bradley will end up on the NFL banned substance list. He gets a locker room fired up!!!!

I dunno but whatever quality it is, it gets people fired up. Gus for an early COTY candidate and if the Jags exceed expectations, I bet it's a real possibility given the notice being taken of the franchise early on. Of course if the Jags go 5-11 or similar, that will all be forgotten nationally but it doesn't mean the arrow isn't still pointed up.
Deep breaths please.
You go around the internet and there are still a lot of random NFL fans who laugh at the Jags having anything positive going on. But for those in the know and who actually follow this team, they see what's happening. When the wins start coming everyone else will too.
Quote:I'm laughing because it is May and as far as I know you can't win football games until September. In fact, you can't win football games that matter until January.

Hype for the regular season is laughable, let's not forget the goal is to make an impact in the REAL season. So getting ahead of ourselves in May while the moves may generate 'buzz' is delusional.

Not to be rude but are you from jacksonville? This is a big deal. I just moved to Texas for a job in September and I miss home not because of family but I'm missing the excitement this city had when I was a kid in the 90's lol. This is huge and it may not mean much in the regular season it is a big deal for the city now.
Quote:Deep breaths please.

Honestly, this is a team that is hard to predict this year.  Conventional wisdom tells you that they'll have a slight improvement (upgrade defense, another year in the system, easier schedule), so they should win a few more games than last year.  So being conservative you would expect them to exceed last years win total.  On the other hand, if chips fall right given the kind of job Caldwell has done in the off season there is a real possibility this team could improve more than conventional wisdom would have it.  I'm thinking they can reasonably get to .500.  But, if you want to look at the optimistic side of things, if everything goes right and the OL gels quickly, why the hell not get excited?  It is possible they could win a couple games they shouldn't and get to 9-7 or 10-6.  In that case, get excited, why not?

You're annoying.

We're fans on a message board.  We're allowed, even SUPPOSED to be excited.

Not like we're putting our life savings on the Jags in Vegas.  
Gus is about to soak the nfl total access crew with his juice.. Lets watch Wink
I've been as negative as anyone the past couple of years. Let's be honest, it's been tough, going into just about every Sunday not realistically thinking we can win. We had a positive free agency and what seems to be a positive draft class as well. What's not to like, this roster  still needs lot's of work but it is light years better than the team that was taking the field last season.

Quote:They're firing the Gus juice with a fire hose at Yahoo.com!

Everything that is happening around this franchise right now is positive, and it all goes back to the energized and optimistic head coach. 

Nobody is laughing at this franchise.
I for one am tired of hearing and reading everything negative about the team over the last few years from the national press.  Overblown or not I am eating this up.

Thanks for posting.
Do yahoo videos ever play for anybody?  They pretty much never play for me.  EVER.  (except for the commercials which play perfectly)

People are jumping the gun by saying we're jumping the gun. No ones saying this is gonna be a playoff team, the only point being made here is that Gus Juice is fab.
Quote:Do yahoo videos ever play for anybody? They pretty much never play for me. EVER. (except for the commercials which play perfectly)

The commercials play like clockwork. Everything else? Nope.
Gusjuice got us four wins last season
Pages: 1 2 3