Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars billboard in Orlando
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
BOOM

That was quick.

This is great
That's awesome. I'll be keeping a look out for them this weekend.
Quote:[Image: 580x290.jpg]

Awesome!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bl...49103.post

I'll second that, Awesome! :yes:
Very smart move by the team.

They had them up here in Jax as well.

Quote:[Image: 580x290.jpg]

Awesome!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bl...49103.post

Notice our 7th rounder Storm Johnson is displayed almost as prominently as our 1st rounder Bortles from the same school which is nearby.  Obviously no accident there.
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:They had them up here in Jax as well.

Yeah, but it's pretty clear which market they were targeting with the player layout.
Smart.  Hopefully they can overcome the media bias there.

Quote:Smart.  Hopefully they can overcome the media bias there.
The entire state of Florida has 3 teams who haven't do anything in years. The Jaguars can really tap into that if they start winning games. People soon forget you where bad after a couple of play-off seasons.

I've lived in the Orlando area my whole life.  People around here get soooo mad when they play the Jags away games instead of a Bucs or Dolphins game.  I hope they continue to market in the area.

To that end I wish the Jags would try to include the Orlando media more. Designate an Orlando station as “Orlando’s Home of the Jaguars” (don’t include Jacksonville). This should also be done for Gainesville, and Tallahassee and any other city in our region that has actual TV stations based there.

Just like reporters from our local stations have gone to the games in Gainesville, or Tallahassee to cover UF and FSU games personally rather than using footage shot by some other station or network they should be here personally. This would go a long way towards regionalizing the franchise. I’d also love it if those cities would also have their local newspapers cover the Jags rather than relying on the AP.

We should put them up in New York.

Quote:We should put them up in New York.

Yawn.
That's a market that is ripe for the picking. If I were Shad I would contact Disney, the Magic, Universal and really try and get a sustainable relationship going. If we can pick off half of that market it will be huge for the long term viability of the franchise in north-central Florida.

Quote:That's a market that is ripe for the picking. If I were Shad I would contact Disney, the Magic, Universal and really try and get a sustainable relationship going. If we can pick off half of that market it will be huge for the long term viability of the franchise in north-central Florida.

The Jags will never truly get the market. Look at the MLB maps, that area is Yankees, Boston, and Braves 3rd. They will only support winners or big media teams. Then you have the team supporters for Miami and Bucs. The only way the Jags will get any interest is to win and start drawing national interest. The city has a ton of bandwagon fans and they will then support the Jags as long as they continue winning.
Quote:That's a market that is ripe for the picking. If I were Shad I would contact Disney, the Magic, Universal and really try and get a sustainable relationship going. If we can pick off half of that market it will be huge for the long term viability of the franchise in north-central Florida.

There's not a chance of that.  Orlando is as transient in nature as Jacksonville because of the hospitality industry.  They'll cherry pick what they can, but you've got a lot of people in the region who aren't there year round, or they work in an industry where they're not getting paid enough to buy season tickets and trek to Jacksonville 7 times a year. 

Disney and Universal cater to tourists, so there's not much you're going to tap from that population.

The Jaguars have done the research on Central Florida.  They'll do marketing in the area knowing it probably won't provide a huge ROI.  The market is just too saturated.
Pages: 1 2 3