Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Your guess for biggest impact rookie Jaguar for the 2014 season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think Marqis Lee is going to have the biggest impact.  Justin Blackmon is not on the radar and shorts is a solid #2. Ace sanders is a good short yardage player but we lack the deep threat.  Lee ran a 4.5 at the combine but on the field speed is all that matters.  I remember a Matt Jones who ran a 4.3 but looked sluggish on the field, and an athletic gabbert unable to gain any meaningful yards with his legs. Lee is not only a weapon on the outside but is dangerous in the return game.  We can only hope he recovers fully from the injury.

Henne is a serviceable QB who will benefit from Lee, Robinson, and shorts.  One could hope he can hold the job over for most if not all of this season. Then let them compete for the job in 2015.

Allen Robinson. This is the first big jump ball receiver we've had that I feel good about. All of the jump balls in the red zone.
Not counting Bortles, because if he were to be named starter sometime throughout the season he would obviously have the biggest impact. I would agree with Lee. He compliments guys like Shorts or Robinson perfectly, so I think he'll get more playing time than Robinson.
Gotta go with Lee.
Lee definitely plays faster than his 40 time. His agility and acceleration is ELITE level.

he'd be a 98 acceleration and 99 agility on Madden

Robinson
I'll go outside the box and say Chris Smith gets 5 sacks.
Marqis Lee!
Telvin Smith I think he's going to be a game changing impact player in defense
I'm going to go with Robinson. Henne seems to throw more to the big/physical receiver (Blackmon) than the finesse guy (Shorts). 

Robinson.  I think Lee may ultimately be better -- but I think Robinson will have more of an impact in his first year.  Bortles, if he starts will probably be the biggest impact rookie.

Lee

Quote:Robinson. I think Lee may ultimately be better -- but I think Robinson will have more of an impact in his first year. Bortles, if he starts will probably be the biggest impact rookie.
kinda remeinds me of the rookie dou that the cards had in Fitz and Boldin but different play styles. Both will make a significant impact.
I want to say Robinson, But Id love for them all to shine of course Big Grin

Quote:I want to say Robinson, But Id love for them all to shine of course Big Grin

Me too.......but I gotta say Lee......and it won't be close
Since it's pretty much Joeckel's first full year, I'm going to have to go with him. Call it cheating if you want, but if he can step in and play like a franchise LT then he will without a doubt have the biggest impact.

Quote:Robinson. I think Lee may ultimately be better -- but I think Robinson will have more of an impact in his first year. Bortles, if he starts will probably be the biggest impact rookie.

I think Lee is more polished and could be a plug and play right now type of guy, Robinson needs a little fine tuning. Although a year or 2 down the road if Shorts and Blackmon are gone I would bet Robinson is #1 and Lee is #2.
Storm
Chris Smith. Just because.
It's going to be a fun year

Pages: 1 2 3 4