Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne might actually play well this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know we got all these weapons for Bortles but Hennes going to get to test dirve them :p

Despite popular belief, when all receivers were on board he balled out.....unfortunately that was like a game against the Texans due to either Cecil being injured or Blackmon suspended
Maybe if he learns how to avoid getting half of his passes swatted at the line. 

I think Henne looks much better due to all the new talent and also an offseason where he's the starter and not having to give BG a ton of reps. Dream scenario is 49ers of two years ago with Alex Smith starting out and Kap taking over towards the end while still making the playoffs.
It could turn out like san Diego, brees, rivers sitting
lol no he wont. 

Henne's going to look a lot better for a wide variety of reasons.   Especially if our defense is improved.   Being behind and having to pass to catch up is a difficult spot for any quarterback, and there were so many times last year we had to just throw out the running game because we were behind. 

I hope henne plays well because if so then we can turn around and trade him for a 5th round pick to a team like the JETS who will be turned off by both geno smith and michael vick. 

Better talent equals better play. Henne should have a decent season. Glad to see him starting off the season instead of coming in three weeks late.
Unfortunately it is rare for WRs to step in as rookies and contribute on offense.  I wouldn't get my hopes up for this year.  2015 is the year to expect good things.  Patience.

rookies or not. The guys we just drafted are easily an upgrade from mike brown and tandon doss.

Quote:It could turn out like san Diego, brees, rivers sitting
I like your optimism but this ain't gonna happen lol.
Quote:Unfortunately it is rare for WRs to step in as rookies and contribute on offense.  I wouldn't get my hopes up for this year.  2015 is the year to expect good things.  Patience.

But that also means the rookies from last year will be better this year. 
I think Chenne will have a decent year.

Quote:I know we got all these weapons for Bortles but Hennes going to get to test dirve them Tongue

Could you clarify what "play well" means?
As far as WRs go I think Henne now has more talent here in Jax around him then he had in Miami. Argument could be made at running back too. O-line looks like it has been built too....the Jags should at least be much more entertaining to watch this year.
Quote:Could you clarify what "play well" means?

Good enough that some other team offers us a mid-round pick for him after the season.
HA HA HA...IMO the best we can hope for is Henne equals his INT number with TDs...instead of having more INTs than TDs...Henne is an average at best back up...just because we drafted some new WRs doesn't mean he is going to turn into an above average or even average starter.

When a team is behind by double digits, the entire load falls on the QB to catch up.   Then the opposing defense tees off with the pass rush and the QB looks really bad.    So Henne will definitely play "better" since our defense will be better and he'll have better players around him.  

I have to question your evalutation skills.  You think Henne will 'play well', but see more negatives for Bortles.. 

Henne will have a couple of good games probably.  Then a couple of bad ones.  He's inconsistent, and not good in the red zone at all. 

Pages: 1 2 3