Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I don't care what you guys say, I think we just set ourselves up for a super bowl run next year. Playoffs this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am renewing my tickets Monday! And I will be right there cheering them on all season.

Bortles to Lee for 6..yes! After the review its a TD!

Storm Johnson busts loose for 6.

Robinson on the fade......the ref says yes! TD

I am fired up!!!!
Calm down. No we didn't. No matter how much talent we add, Chad Henne will still be the starter for at least half the season if not all of it, and it's still a bunch of rookies, again, playing with a terrible QB. If anything we set ourselves up to artificially tank and get another top 10 pick next season while in reality probably being a lot better than our record will show us to be.

Playoffs this year? You are aware that Chad Henne will be under center, right? 

I won't rain on your parade. I love the excitement and enthusiasm!!

The boy has had to much to drink

Shh. Let him renew his tickets first.
LOL
Quote:I am renewing my tickets Monday! And I will be right there cheering them on all season.

I am fired up!!!!
Brother, i'm happy for you and if developed properly this draft class can lead us to greatness. 
Quote:Shh. Let him renew his tickets first.

bingo
Just don't set your expectation levels too high for this season. The most important thing is seeing this young team grow and get better.

I think it's too early for playoffs, don't be mad if they finish in the 6-12 to 8-8 area as that'll be a great set up for 2015.

He did start off the topic with "I don't care what you guys think..."
Playoffs maybe, but super bowl? Love the energy, but don't forget to come back down to reality.

Quote:I am renewing my tickets Monday! And I will be right there cheering them on all season.

I am fired up!!!!
Teams have turned it around in one year before and it is possible the Jaguars can this year if Bortles can become the starter early in the year. The Jaguars said they have a plan to get Blake up to speed as soon as possible by additional work with the coaches and receivers. I don't think it is written in stone that Henne will start if Bortles out plays him through camp and preseason. If Bortles becomes the starter you prediction is not out of the relm of possibility. Its a long shot at best to make the playoffs this year but this is the excitment that our new owner and staff has returned to Jaguar fans!
We must protect this house

WOW...one good draft and people are setting expectations way to high...we win 4 meaningless games last year against the same teams picking in the top 5 as us...and all of a sudden a few rookie WRs and some stop gap defensive FA signings and we are play off bound and SB champs next year.

I still see us winning 4 - 5 games this year and depending on if Bortles is ready to step in next year full time maybe making a push to that final spot in the play offs.

I think we could push for 8-8, which would mean we would be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

You drank some of that Gus juice! I love your enthusiasm, but don't cancel your vacation plans for February.

As much excitement this draft has generated, let's not let our expectations become unrealistic.  2014 will still be a transition year.  Bortles may not play until later in the year if at all and the rookies will be learning the system and the OL will need time to come together.  Overall we still have some holes on defense.  I feel pretty good about my thinking that we'll be pushing for .500 in 2014.  With another draft like Caldwell had this year though there is no doubt will be playoff contenders in 2015.

Quote:WOW...one good draft and people are setting expectations way to high...we win 4 meaningless games last year against the same teams picking in the top 5 as us...and all of a sudden a few rookie WRs and some stop gap defensive FA signings and we are play off bound and SB champs next year.

I still see us winning 4 - 5 games this year and depending on if Bortles is ready to step in next year full time maybe making a push to that final spot in the play offs.

Don't buy the "meaningless" stuff. There are no "meaningless" wins in the NFL. Winning those games made people begin to buy into what Gus was doing. While "meaningless" in your eyes, they were important wins.
Good for you, man!  Enjoy the ride, life is too short not to.   :yes:

This team excites me.  From the top with Mr. Khan down to Dave, Gus and the players they're bringing in.

Time will tell if they picked the right guys.  It always does.  However, what I do feel good about, is how they do things around here.  It all seems calculated, thorough and forward thinking.  We haven't had that here in, arguably, ever.
Pages: 1 2