Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does this draft finally put to rest the idea of BAP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every team that has participated in the draft, in one way or another, has drafted based on need. BAP is a myth, that continues to live on long after Genius Gene ' tenure here. Will it die?
BAP if someone did it would be stupid, stupid stupid.

It is a myth.
Need that crayon font, stat.
Quote:Every team that has participated in the draft, in one way or another, has drafted based on need. BAP is a myth, that continues to live on long after Genius Gene ' tenure here. Will it die?
The #1 pick in the draft was most certainly BAP.
Failure to BAP leaves Aaron Rogers and Ben Rapistburgler on the board while you take Matt Jones and Reggie Williams.

Like we've said before it's really a combination of both. But who knows. Don't care how you do it just get it right
You only go BAP if it's a n exceptional talent like Clowney. Otherwise, finding guys you need who fit with what you wanna do is the way to go.
Need drafting is only bad when you reach. Jax was able to address all their needs without reaching, which is the way to draft IMO..
If there were no such thing, then why did teams bother to move?  Because they have to move where "their guy" is BAP instead of overdraft them or let them go somewhere else.

BAP is all about value.

It's also why the OP would have taken Ted first overall, instead of last pick of the first.  It's fine targeting players, the real job is taking them as late as you can based on value.

If a guy isn't going to be around, you move up to get them where they are BAP.  It's why we moved on Robinson.  He was the next up, and we had to ensure it was next up to Jacksonville.

I like the "player who improves your team the most" method of drafting.
It was never real.

Quote:If there were no such thing, then why did teams bother to move? Because they have to move where "their guy" is BAP instead of overdraft them or let them go somewhere else.

BAP is all about value.

It's also why the OP would have taken Ted first overall, instead of last pick of the first. It's fine targeting players, the real job is taking them as late as you can based on value.

If a guy isn't going to be around, you move up to get them where they are BAP. It's why we moved on Robinson. He was the next up, and we had to ensure it was next up to Jacksonville.

I sure would have. Caldwell mentioned he would have taken Bortles over Clowney. I also mentioned I was very keen on Bortles. BAP does not exist.
I think it all depends on how serious of a need you have to a certain position and if the player you want, is still available. 

Quote:I sure would have. Caldwell mentioned he would have taken Bortles over Clowney. I also mentioned I was very keen on Bortles. BAP does not exist.

Using this example, how do you know Bortles wasn't the highest rated player on the Jags board?
I also think Colvin was the BAP pick in the 4th.
Quote:Failure to BAP leaves Aaron Rogers and Ben Rapistburgler on the board while you take Matt Jones and Reggie Williams.

Even BAP teams that just took a first round QB the year or two before would have bypassed Big Ben and Rodgers when their QB showed the improvement BL showed.

Even BAP teams will draft bad players if they misevaluate the players.
I still think its a hybrid of both. Some teams showed it in different areas of the draft.

I agree with the combination of the 2. Circumstances will change. If you have freddy and mjd, do you take Peterson if you have a chance? I would, even though I didn't NEED a rb.

Quote:Like we've said before it's really a combination of both. But who knows. Don't care how you do it just get it right

Yeah, I don't think any team is purely one or the other.
Pages: 1 2