Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texas select Tom Savage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I actually like this kid.. I feel like if he was bigger he would have gone early plus he is tough as nails.. Probably needs to learn to slide more often though.
Figures considering they like names like that, see Mercilus
lol

Savage could develop into something good. Of course he could also be Sage Rosenfels. I like the pick.
Quote:I feel like if he was bigger he would have gone early

Bigger than 6'4''?
Yea, if was at least 7'2".
He's trash.
Quote:Bigger than 6'4''?
yeah that was my mistake. For some reason I thought he was 6'2"
Very few QBs with his level of accuracy amount to anything in the NFL. Favre is the only one I can think of and Savage is no Favre. But I do think he should room with Mercilus on road trips.

Quote:Yea, if was at least 7'2".

This is a fantastic first post.
Most of us are excited about the pick. We think he was a steal, but have no misgivings about who he is. Unfortunately we were spoiled with Schaub, Third round pick out of Virginia who flirted with elite type numbers, just didn't have the heart of a champion. If we can get that kind of production, with a little more heart, we'll be happy. At least until that franchise guy falls into our laps. 

Kinda like you guys with Garard... If he can do what Garard did behind a dominant OL, we'd be pretty happy. 

As long as we don't colossally miss on a franchise QB like you did with Gabbert. 

We're not expecting anything from him right away, we're hoping he'll redshirt this season & O'Brien can make a little chicken salad out of our current stable. 

But I'm glad to hear y'all liked the pick. I really like the QB you picked up, wish we could have got him. I think he's going to be special, a lot of guys sleeping on him. Dude's got an arm, I love watching him play. Don't really understand him going undrafted, but with all the mid level QB talent in this draft, you just knew good QBs were going to slip. But that Stephen Morris is going to be special. 
Quote:Most of us are excited about the pick. We think he was a steal, but have no misgivings about who he is. Unfortunately we were spoiled with Schaub, Third round pick out of Virginia who flirted with elite type numbers, just didn't have the heart of a champion. If we can get that kind of production, with a little more heart, we'll be happy. At least until that franchise guy falls into our laps. 

Kinda like you guys with Garard... If he can do what Garard did behind a dominant OL, we'd be pretty happy. 

As long as we don't colossally miss on a franchise QB like you did with Gabbert. 

We're not expecting anything from him right away, we're hoping he'll redshirt this season & O'Brien can make a little chicken salad out of our current stable. 

But I'm glad to hear y'all liked the pick. I really like the QB you picked up, wish we could have got him. I think he's going to be special, a lot of guys sleeping on him. Dude's got an arm, I love watching him play. Don't really understand him going undrafted, but with all the mid level QB talent in this draft, you just knew good QBs were going to slip. But that Stephen Morris is going to be special. 
I'm confused. The Jags drafted Bortles with their first round pick. Which QB are you referring to that was undrafted?

As for Savage, I am quietly optimistic that he can be something in the NFL. Until then I am rooting for Case Keenum above the rest.
Quote:Most of us are excited about the pick. We think he was a steal, but have no misgivings about who he is. Unfortunately we were spoiled with Schaub, Third round pick out of Virginia who flirted with elite type numbers, just didn't have the heart of a champion. If we can get that kind of production, with a little more heart, we'll be happy. At least until that franchise guy falls into our laps. 

i mean........... stephen morris probably wont even be on our practice squad roster come the start of the season. if by special, you mean hes going to be a special coach at a local high school, then you may very well be right. 

edit: but the good news for us is that he is probably still better than savage. thats what im hoping for anyway.

Quote:I'm confused. The Jags drafted Bortles with their first round pick. Which QB are you referring to that was undrafted?

As for Savage, I am quietly optimistic that he can be something in the NFL. Until then I am rooting for Case Keenum above the rest.

Yeah, they signed Stephen Morris out of Miami, undrafted. 

It's a backwards, under the radar, stab at the Bortles pick. 
What exactly is there to like about Savage?

He had a terrible completion percentage, and I heard that he quit the Rutgers team because he had to compete for the job.  Doesn't sound like a competitor to me.  Glad the Texans drafted him.

But you got Clowney with his whole 3 sacks last year. Good luck with that.

i think the thread title should be "The Texans regretfully accept Tom Savage."

Lol you morons have no idea about Tom Savage.

The guy left Rutgers because he suffered a bad injury and had to be replaced by Schiano when Schiano wasn't sure if he was gonna be able to play again. So Savage got mad and left because he felt entitled. And he left Arizona because the coaching staff he liked was fired(which most college players do). He admitted he was a stupid punk at the time who should have just stayed at Rutgers. Lol so no, he's not a garbage scrub-he was highly recruited as a four star QB out of high school. So get some facts straight.

Want something to laugh at? He probably has a better chance of succeeding than anyone in this class not named Teddy Bridgewater. Deal with it.
Quote:Lol you morons have no idea about Tom Savage.

The guy left Rutgers because he suffered a bad injury and had to be replaced by Schiano when Schiano wasn't sure if he was gonna be able to play again. So Savage got mad and left because he felt entitled. And he left Arizona because the coaching staff he liked was fired(which most college players do). He admitted he was a stupid punk at the time who should have just stayed at Rutgers. Lol so no, he's not a garbage scrub-he was highly recruited as a four star QB out of high school. So get some facts straight.

Want something to laugh at? He probably has a better chance of succeeding than anyone in this class not named Teddy Bridgewater. Deal with it.

And you're basing this on what, exactly?  The fact that you really, really want him to?
Quote:Lol you morons have no idea about Tom Savage.

You tell us bobizzle!  Glad you're here to set everyone straight about a 4th round draft pick.
Pages: 1 2 3